Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Problems with Sony AV3000 universal remote... any suggestions?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-02, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought this remote due to the tremendous amount of problems I have had with having too many remotes. My wife refuses to use any of the equipment because she can't figure out what controls what. Anyway, this new remote is supposed to fix the problem - it has pre-programmed codes for hundreds of different branded units, and is supposed to be automatically programmed for Sony components (of which I have Sony-branded DSS, TV, and receiver).

The amazing thing is that it does not seem to recognize my Sony receiver (the new STR-SL7). It also has trouble with my JVC DVD player (the 700 series - it's 3 years old or so). I programmed the universal remote to "learn" the functions of the DVD player, but when you try to control any of the DVD functions with it, you have to press each button like 10 times for it to work (i.e. you have to push the DVD power button on the universal remote 10 times for it to turn off)

Has anybody else had issues with this remote? It works like a charm on everything else (TV, Tivo, DSS), but I'm awfully close to returning it if I can't get it to work my receiver and DVD player. The Sony website is awful for support, and there isn't a freakin' phone number anywhere for talking to a real person at Sony, I swear...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!