Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pause on Sony DVP-S560D

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pause on Sony DVP-S560D

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-02, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pause on Sony DVP-S560D

While watching the new release of Tombstone last night I noticed a two second pause about one minute into 1:16. From then on the dvd played without issue. This pause does not happen when playing on my Pioneer 115 on my computer. I have read other posts concerning issues with the Sony DVP-S560D but up until this point I have had no problems. Is this the start of bad things to come? Any input would be appreciated!
Old 01-25-02, 11:47 PM

Probably just the layer change. You can check by putting on the display meter and it shows you exactly where in the disk it is. Some machines handle this better then others. I have one and it takes a beating as it is in the kids play room. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
Old 01-26-02, 12:11 PM

This is probably the layer change. I don't have that dvd so I can't confirm that this is the layer change location. I also have the 560D and have noted that it does often pause at layer changes.

However, if you have read other posts you are aware that the Sony DVD players have shown a trend toward problems relating to freeze-ups, skipping, and C13 errors. It is possible yours is starting to have this same problem. I suggest you watch it carefully - especially with dual layer disks. If it starts showing increased frequency of these problems call Sony ASAP. Hopefully you will still be in the warrenty period (1 yr on the 560D) and they can repair it. If you wait too long it will cost you about $150 for repairs.
Old 01-27-02, 07:55 PM

Probably just the layer change.
After finding the display meter I found out it is exactly at the layer change.

It is possible yours is starting to have this same problem.
I have read the other posts and this is my concern. I will watch all my dual layer disks carefully since I am still covered until 3/25/02.

Thanks for the input!