DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Problems with DVDs (no computer involved)

Old 01-15-02, 06:25 PM

Problems with DVDs (no computer involved)

I have just started collecting DVDs and I am having problems I never had with VHS. Sometimes the action on the screen will move very staccato and out of sync with the audio, such as character's dialogue. Other times bits of the movie are skipped over entirely, or the scene will freeze in a pixilated state, and the movie won't continue.

Has anyone else had problems such as these, and how do you remedy them?

Thanks.
Old 01-15-02, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As this sounds like a potential set-up/player issue over problems you have be having with a particular title, moving to the DVD & Home Theater Hardware forum.

Thanks,
- C

Last edited by Adboy151; 01-15-02 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-17-02, 05:05 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1. Sound and video doesn't match: Does this happen about 1 hour into the movie and if you hit "stop" and restart, its back to normal? If so, you probably have an older SONY player....its a known bug that sony had on players manufactured prior to 10/98.

2. The pixalization could potentially be due to either dirty DVDs or a dirty lens on the DVD player. Try running the DVDs under cold water and wiping them with a lint-free cloth, wiping from the inner part, outward.

Post back if these cure your problems....