DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help with remote control codes

Old 11-17-01, 10:49 PM

Help with remote control codes

Hiya........I'am in need of a remote control codes. I have a RCA DSS reciever that I picked up as a floor model and no manual came with it. I need to control my Hitachi television. The model # for the RCA DSS is; DRD480RE.

I could probably download a manual from RCA, but I'am having problems downloading anything right now.

THANKS.
Old 11-17-01, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For direct method entry try the following codes for Hitachi TV's:

1004, 1006, 1012, 1013, 1059, 1060, 1061, 1135, 1136, 1137, 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1148, 1150, 1179

For code search method try the following:

1. Turn on the device you want to control (VCR, SAT, TV, Etc.)

2. Press and hold the button you want to program. While holding the device button, press and hold ON*OFF until the LED on the remote control turns on, then release both buttons (Note that the AUX button can only be programmed using direct code entry, see above).

3. Point the remote at the device, press and release PLAY, then wait five seconds or until the LED stops flashing. At this point the remote control is searching for the correct code to program. If, after five seconds, the device you want to control does not turn off, press and release play again to tell the remote to search for the next set of codes.

If the device you want to control does turn off:

1. Press and release REVERSE, then wait two seconds. Repeat this step until the device turns back on.

2. To finish, press and hold STOP until the LED on the remote control turns off.

I got this information from the manual for your model of RCA Receiver.

Hope it helps!

Sonicflood
Old 11-18-01, 12:00 AM

Oh man, thanks a million, the search method worked perfectly. Two thumbs up!!