Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Can't find proper splitter, please help.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-01, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have a Tivo with a digital cable box. I would like to split the cable feed coming from the wall to the vcr and to the cable box. The problem I am having is my cable box shuts down after about a week due to the fact the basic 2 way splitters don't allow the box to be able to send a signal back throught the splitter because it only allows one way traffic. Where can I find a splitter that allows the signals to flow both ways at the same time?
Old 10-07-01, 03:53 AM
0ne

Diplexer

I believe what you need is a special kind of splitter called a diplexer, here is an example of one.

http://www.mysimon.com/buy/index.jht...%26sku%3DT1115
Old 10-07-01, 04:06 PM
Banned

You can pick up a diplexer pretty much anywhere that sells cable and satallite items, Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Lowes, etc.

They range in price from about $7.00 to $20.00

In my set up I use 5 of them to split my antenna and satallite signal coming from the Spaun multi switch - a very complicated set up.

A buddy of mine had 2 Terks but one of them didn't work, so I'd avoid any made by Terk - even though I've always been a fan of their antennas.

Do I still need to say I'm not affiliated with any of these companies?
Old 10-11-01, 01:09 PM

You should (in theory) be able to use any 1 gHz splitter. I am a data technician with the local cable company in nashville. We use splitters for internet as well as digital cable. I would contact the cable company, you should not have any problems with the splitters unless your signal level is on the jagged edge. Any questions?...fell free to email me.
-Johnson