Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Infinity Entra -- any good?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-01, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been taking a look at the Infinity Entra 5.1 package, mostly because it seems half-decent and doesn't cost a terrible amount of money. Is it any good? I know it won't be AS good as more expensive setups, but something that will work well with a Denon AVR-1802 or 2802 is preferable. I was also looking at a PSB Image setup, but it costs several hundered dollars more. Any info is appreciated, and please be as detailed as possible! Thanks a ton.
Old 09-19-01, 03:58 PM
Banned

I use Infinity SM in my set up, but would like to upgrade to the Interludes - which next to Tannoy Saturn are the best sounding speakers for HT use.

The Entras borrow a lot of the same technology from the Interludes, and cost about 1/3 as much. You'd easily get a 5.1 set up of them for under $1000 and under $1200 for a 7.1 set up. I consider a pair of QPS-1 in a 7.1 set up for the side speakers and use the Entras in the rear.

The Entras sound good, but there are lost of speakers in this price range that sound good. I don't think the sound any better than a JBL NSP-1 and that Sony subwoofer setup.

Basically you need to go and listen to them and look at them - lets face it these items become pieces of furniature in your home, so you need to think about that.

I do think this is a really got set for the money.
Old 09-19-01, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Which Entra speakers are you considering? Four Entra One's? Four Entra Two's? Two's in front, One's in the rear? What is your budget?
Old 09-19-01, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by skar
Which Entra speakers are you considering? Four Entra One's? Four Entra Two's? Two's in front, One's in the rear? What is your budget?
Well, the one setup I was looking at had Two's in the front and One's in the rear. My budget is both limited and flexible, if that makes any sense. I'm willing to pay a little more if the quality is there, but at the same time I don't have money to burn. I guess anywhere from $1000 - $2000 is in the ballpark.