Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

E-tail that will ships RPTV to Intenational location

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

E-tail that will ships RPTV to Intenational location

Old 08-16-01, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-tailer that will ship RPTV to International location

Does anyone know any e-tailer that ships RPTV to international location? I have check with so many but all of them does not ship to international location eg. Singapore.

Last edited by Samsuri; 08-18-01 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-17-01, 08:05 AM

Your best bet is to call a US-based dealer on the phone,
and arrange custom international shipping for your specific
order.

You'll probably pay quite a bit, though!

Last edited by M i c h a e l; 08-17-01 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-18-01, 02:31 AM

Can you name me any US-based dealer that you know of and their phone # and email address?
Old 08-18-01, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I doubt if you will find a U.S. etailer who will do this. Chances are the shipping will make it not worth it unless you are dying to have a particular model. You will also probably lose any warranty you would have gotten.

As Michael suggested, try a regular dealer over the phone. Go to the manufacturer's web site, use the dealer locator to find a B&M store. They may do it. The shipping will cost a fortune as these sets are heavy.

You may want to consider buying from HK, Japan or Taiwan.

I don't know what your HT setup is going to be, but have you considered using a projector? Much smaller and easier to ship.

Last edited by nekobus; 08-18-01 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-22-01, 08:01 PM

Nekobus, Michael do you know of any B&M dealer in US that I can contact and their email/website ? I have considered using a LCD projector but a good one like Sony VPL-VW10HT cost about US$6K. It is not an affordable option right now and would be my last option.
Old 08-22-01, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can look up dealers by checking the dealer locators on the manufacturers' web sites(ie. www.toshiba.com, etc).

I hate to say this, but because of the shipping cost for such a large item, you might be better off to purchase and LCD projector. The LT150, which many people like, can be had for around $2400US. Check out the LCD projector forums at www.avsforum.com and www.hometheaterspot.com.
Old 08-22-01, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by nekobus

I hate to say this, but because of the shipping cost for such a large item, you might be better off to purchase and LCD projector. The LT150, which many people like, can be had for around $2400US. Check out the LCD projector forums at www.avsforum.com and www.hometheaterspot.com.
Why do you hate to say it? The front projection system is a great idea for anyone considering a $2500+ TV purchase.
Old 08-22-01, 09:26 PM
Banned

You should check Advance Logic - you may want to call them - their phone number is listed on the www page. I'm sure they could arrange international shipping for you

www.advancelogic.com
Old 08-22-01, 10:44 PM

http://www.advancelogic.com does not seems to be accessible, is there something missing/wrong?
Old 08-23-01, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by skar

Why do you hate to say it? The front projection system is a great idea for anyone considering a $2500+ TV purchase.
I have nothing against front projection. I wrote that("I hate to say it")because the original poster seems to really want an RPTV. IMHO, a front projection system is actually the way to go if Samsuri really wants to order from a U.S. retailer. It's way cheaper and better than trying to ship a large RPTV all the way to Singapore.

Heck, the search for an LCD projection system seems to me to be a perfect excuse for a shopping trip to HK, Taiwan or Japan.