Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pioneer DV434 Problem

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pioneer DV434 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-01, 12:44 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer DV434 Problem

I bought a DV434 DVD player about 4 months ago. It worked flawless up to about 2 weeks ago. Now i get a "!" on the screen for atleast the first 20 mins of a movie. Then it will popup on and off throughout the film. All the movies play fine. I have checked all the settings and i have looked in the manual but i can find no help. The damn exclamation point is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas what it means and how to fix?

Thanks
Old 08-10-01, 08:37 AM
Cool New Member

OK. Well if no other users of the dv434 has seen this, then can anyone tell me where i might find an answer to this question.
Old 08-10-01, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It sounds like a setting or something is set funny. Call Pioneer on their toll free number which is listed in the paperwork. They could probably help you out.

Could it have something to do with conditional memory? I cannot remember what the flag is for it.
Old 08-12-01, 10:49 AM

I also own a 434 and have not experienced this problem. To start with whenever a player is not perfornming correctly you should reset the settings. Unplug the player for 5 minutes. If that has no effect refer to page 49 in the manual and perform a player reset.

I found what you are describing on page 25 though I did not know the symbol would appear on the screen while the DVD is playing. It indicates an i inside a 0 identifies the "Expert" menu mode. The factory setting is "basic" so resetting the player should correct this problem.
Old 08-13-01, 10:38 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the help. I have unplugged it for over 24hours and have done the reset. Still the problem is there. Guess its time to call Pioneer.