Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Permission to buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-01, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it least one KEF dealer around here (Twin Cities). Really nice speakers, great sound, awesome build quality, a little pricey for my taste. Kinda like B & W.

I haven't seen the system you are talking about. Maybe these speakers are too new, and haven't made it to the U.S. market yet.
Old 08-01-01, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by skar
I haven't seen the system you are talking about. Maybe these speakers are too new, and haven't made it to the U.S. market yet.
They've been available here for awhile; several online dealers offer them. Here's a link to a review:
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/Sou...ef0301p01.html
Old 08-03-01, 01:36 PM

Not Online!

Originally posted by powaking
<edit>
Me: (While checking out the 3802 specs) This one that I'm looking at is going for $809 on the net.
<edit>
I don't have any speaker recommendations for you, but my biggest suggestion to you would be to NOT purchase the Denon 3802 (or any Denon for that matter) on the internet. Denon is VERY picky about their warrenties, and if you don't purchase from an authorized dealer OR if you purchase your receiver over the internet, they will not honor your warrenty. So, if anything breaks on your shiny new receiver, you're SOL (at least from Denon you are).

Just my $0.02.
Old 08-12-01, 07:57 PM

I have read that on Denons site. THe price difference from a dealer (like Tweeter) and on the net is about $430!!! Thats a BIG price difference (Tweeter wants $1199 and I have seen it on the net for $780).

If Denon makes good quality equipment then I shouldn't have a problem to begin with. If I should get it fixed would 1 trip to a repair shop going to set me back $400? If so then I would be at the same range than if I were to buy it from a dealer.

What would you all do? Go to a dealer and pay top dollar or get the cheapest price you can get? (Don't mean to make it sound like that but would you rather get a better deal and spend the extra bucks on speakers??)