Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

JVC XV-D723 flash problem

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 07-08-01, 10:35 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I play a DVD which has a very bright light i.e., explosion, flash or an arc from a welder, the picture on my TV breaks up. After the light is over, the picture returns to normal. I am playing the DVD player using s-video connections through a Denon receiver and to a 10 year old Sony 27" XBR Trinitron. Does anyone have any answers on how I can solve this problem? Thanks.
Old 07-09-01, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes this problem was reported by several JVC 723 owners when submitting reviews of the product on www.audioreview.com. I did not pay much attention to the write-ups because I have never experienced the problem. The problem apprarently is isolated to S-Video hookup.

I expereinced a problem with my JVC 723 not being able to read certain discs, The Messenger, Close Encounters and sent it to JVC's repair faciliuty for a warranty software upgrade.

In any regards check Audio Review for a solution to your problem. If that does not work call JVC at 800-252-5722 options 2-4-2. Good luck.