Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

WTB: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 6, DVD, and Helix: Season 2, Blu-Ray

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

WTB: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 6, DVD, and Helix: Season 2, Blu-Ray

Old 02-26-23, 07:59 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 251 Posts

WTB: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 6, DVD, and Helix: Season 2, Blu-Ray.

I'm looking for the silver box set of ST:TNG: S6, (and maybe even S7) it must be at least Like New, it needs to be the original silver box set, not the reprint.

Also looking for Helix: Season 2 on blu-ray, it should also be at least Like New.

I'm not really interested in paying out big bucks for these, prices need to be reasonable. I've see these at Amazon and Ebay, unfortunately all of the Helix Season 2's I've seen at Ebay are the French/Canadian versions with wording on the back in French. I don't read French.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has either one of these for a decent price.
Old 02-26-23, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: WTB: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 6, DVD, and Helix: Season 2, Blu-Ray

Check Big Lots near you, they had a silver box Season 7 set when I was there today.
Old 02-27-23, 07:54 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Re: WTB: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 6, DVD, and Helix: Season 2, Blu-Ray

^ I'll have to check that out, although our Big Lots is usually pretty lame. At any rate, thanks for the tip!
Old 03-01-23, 04:16 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

No such luck at Big Lots. They had Season 2 but I already have 1 thru 5. Besides, on Ebay everybody has S2...
Old 03-10-23, 08:15 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Found ST:TNG S6, supposedly Like New, we'll see next Wednesday...

Still need to find Helix: Season 2 for a decent price.
Old 03-10-23, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

Just curious, why not buy the Blu-ray editions of TNG? Better quality and easier to obtain. Plus the whole series is relatively cheap. The only thing I can see is being a purist for the original effects, but the remastered effects are better in my opinion.
Old 03-11-23, 04:16 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

All I can say is I bought Season 1 DVD in the silver box several years ago for cheap, been adding the subsequent seasons in the same format ever since. My TV shows don't have to be blu-ray, I have many on DVD, also have many on blu-ray. It's what they started out as (usually) that dictates what the remainder will be, because I like things that way. The notable exception would be Doctor Who, because I found S1 on DVD for $17.99 at Walmart several years ago, S2, 3, & 4 for cheap on DVD as well, but S5 I found at Best Buy for $14.99 on blu-ray where the DVD version was selling for $70. Basically, the same with S6, 7, & 8 as well.

Last edited by kd5; 03-11-23 at 05:06 AM.