Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Blu/HD Cases - Free (just cover my postage)

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Blu/HD Cases - Free (just cover my postage)

Old 04-05-10, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 256 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: Blu/HD Cases - Free (just cover my postage)

Whoa whoa. Between posts here and PMs and folks changing their minds, this is getting a lot out of control!

Lemmy: I am shipping you a Flat Rate box tomorrow with 30 singles, 2 quads, 1 6-pack and 1 7-pack. All Blu.

Bahgee: I'll check the doubles & triples for you. I had already sealed you package, waiting for an address. Stand by while I tear into that.

tbwmp88: I'll have to go re-read your messages, but the last thing you sent is gonna make me re-open your sealed package too IIRC.

Everyone else - hold on, pls!
Old 04-05-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

tbwmp88 - YGPM. And I need your mailing address, please.

Bahgee - you're next!
Old 04-05-10, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bahgee - YGPM, and I'll need your shipping addy too, pls.
Old 04-05-10, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post
Cool, thanks. Also, I'm not opposed to moving to a larger box if it'll fit substantially more cases, in case the Tetrisizing isn't so successful.
Well, it didn't work. The only box I've got handy is one case too small. I can ship you the BSG S1 box (with the two triples inside), plus six more cases (two slim doubles + four singles, or one + five... your call)... OR I can step up to a Medium Flat Rate box, which would fit all of your original items plus 15 more single-width cases.

The small box (BSG + 6) would cost 5.95 to ship
The medium box (BSG + 21?) would cost 10.70 to ship

Your call.
Old 04-05-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wrath View Post
Hey there ... I know I'm getting in late but I'm interested in some of your single HD DVD cases if they're still available ... I'd also like to have the black case too if it's not too much trouble. How many can you fit in the flat rate box? I'm sure that would be plenty for me. Just let me know and I'll get the PayPal on the way to you.
Thanks,
Michael
wrath - I'm playing catch-up and I'm up to you now. There are two flat rate boxes. The medium holds 25-ish and runs $10.70, the large holds 35-40 and runs $14.50 to ship. I'm hip-deep in HD DVD cases, so I won't have a problem filling either box. Just LMK which one you're interested in, I'll fill a box to see exactly how many it holds, and we'll get them headed your way.
Old 04-05-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

rbrown498 - Last but not least. I got your PM and have PMed you back. Once I get the dudes in front of you cleared out, you're next. I won't have a problem with the stuff you've asked for, it's just a matter of getting everything else off my plate first. Stand by.
Old 04-05-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM back to you kenbuzz
Old 04-05-10, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
Well, it didn't work. The only box I've got handy is one case too small. I can ship you the BSG S1 box (with the two triples inside), plus six more cases (two slim doubles + four singles, or one + five... your call)... OR I can step up to a Medium Flat Rate box, which would fit all of your original items plus 15 more single-width cases.

The small box (BSG + 6) would cost 5.95 to ship
The medium box (BSG + 21?) would cost 10.70 to ship

Your call.
PM sent
Old 04-05-10, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bahgee View Post
PM back to you kenbuzz
Got it. YGPM. Box will ship tomorrow am.
Old 04-05-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post
PM sent
Your box is ready, but I need an address to which to ship it. I'll take your box with me when I leave for work in the morning. If I get your addy before I leave, I'll drop it off enroute to work. If not, I may get a chance to head to a local PO at lunch.

Pls PM me your address.
Old 04-05-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lemmy: Will ship in the morning.
Bahgee: Will ship in the morning.
tbwmp88: Ready to ship, need address
skizzoid: Will ship in the morning.
wrath: On deck
rbrown498: On deck after wrath

Last edited by kenbuzz; 04-06-10 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-06-10, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lemmy, Bahgee, skizzoid - packages went out this morning. Look for PMs
Old 04-06-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

tbwmp88 - I've read you most recent PM, changed the disks, and have resealed and addressed the pkg. It's going out tomorrow.

wrath - I just stuffed a Medium Flat Rate box ($10.70), it holds exactly 26 single-width cases, or $0.41/case to ship. A Large Flat Rate ($14.50) box holds 42 if I get creative, or $0.345/case to ship. Please let me know which you prefer, and whether you have any specific instructions about the type of case. I have a mix of plain singles, singled marked "HD/DVD Combo", and singles that do not have the "HD DVD" logo on front.

rbrown498 - I'm off to re-read your PM now.
Old 04-06-10, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

rbrown498 - All of the "slim" doubles are gone, but I have three other types that I can send if you want.

1) I have one "quad" that has a removable 2-disc leaf. Take it out, and you've got a double. Alas, it's slightly thicker than a slim double and it has hinges left over on the inside spine.

2) I have one double that has a 1-disc leaf. As above, it's thicker than a slim double.

3) I have a few singles that I "MacGuyvered" into doubles by adding a stick-on spindle to the inside left cover. It's exactly the same width as a single (because it used to be one) and does not have any spine hinges. I believe I have 3 or 4 of these.... one is in my hand right now, and I spotted a couple when test-packing the flat rate boxes for wrath (above).

If any of these work for you, let me know which ones. I have tons of the "HD/DVD Combo" -labeled cases, I may end up building a fallout shelter out of those I have left over at the end of the week. You're welcome to as many as you can eat.
Old 04-06-10, 09:59 PM

I would take a box of the hd/dvd combo cases.. whatever is easy for you.
Old 04-07-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Kenbuzz,

I'll take two of the "MacGuyvered" double cases, and three of the "HD/DVD Combo" cases (or as many as you can stuff in an envelope). Thanks for checking! Please PM me your PayPal info.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 04-07-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
Same here.
Same here. I just want one for Armageddon (when it comes out). Since it's barebones I figured I'd save my double Criterion dvd with loads of features & make a 3 disc blu ray/dvd combo pack but I need a 3 disc blu ray case.
Old 04-07-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rockybalboa View Post
I would take a box of the hd/dvd combo cases.. whatever is easy for you.
Here's a rundown of how many will fit in "a box"... do you have a preference for box size?

I just stuffed a Medium Flat Rate box ($10.70), it holds exactly 26 single-width cases, or $0.41/case to ship. A Large Flat Rate ($14.50) box holds 42 if I get creative, or $0.345/case to ship. Please let me know which you prefer, and whether you have any specific instructions about the type of case. I have a mix of plain singles, singled marked "HD/DVD Combo", and singles that do not have the "HD DVD" logo on front.
Old 04-07-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rbrown498 View Post
Kenbuzz,

I'll take two of the "MacGuyvered" double cases, and three of the "HD/DVD Combo" cases (or as many as you can stuff in an envelope). Thanks for checking! Please PM me your PayPal info.

Thanks,

Rob
I'll pack everything up tonight and will PM you the postage specifics after I get back from the post office. Look for a note from me tomorrow.
Old 04-07-10, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Current status:
  • Lemmy: Shipped Tuesday - Payment en route
  • Bahgee: Shipped Tuesday w/confirmation - Paid
  • skizzoid: Shipped Tuesday - Paid
  • tbwmp88: Shipped Wednesday - Billed (check your PM)
  • wrath: Waiting to hear which size box you want and which specific HD case styles are preferred
  • rbrown498: Will pack tonight and ship Thursday
  • Rockybalboa: Waiting to hear which box size you want and to know how many "Combo" cases I will have available after wrath responds.
I will go do a re-count of the available HD cases (my Blu's are all gone) will and repost those #s here and to the OP.
Old 04-07-10, 12:59 PM

hey there ... sorry i'm just now getting back with you ... been out of town. Anyway, catching up in the thread ... actually I only need around 8 - 10 cases and you mentioned earlier that you could get 8 - 10 cases into the $5.95 box. That would be perfect for me ... I would ask for two double HD DVD cases and the rest normal HD DVD singles (NOT the cases that have the HDDVD COMBO label on the case, just the normal HD DVD cases). So I guess that would be 8 normal single cases and two double cases, or 7 and 2 or 6 and 2 depending on how many you can squeeze into that $5 box. Is this ok with you?
Old 04-07-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wrath View Post
hey there ... sorry i'm just now getting back with you ... been out of town. Anyway, catching up in the thread ... actually I only need around 8 - 10 cases and you mentioned earlier that you could get 8 - 10 cases into the $5.95 box. That would be perfect for me ... I would ask for two double HD DVD cases and the rest normal HD DVD singles (NOT the cases that have the HDDVD COMBO label on the case, just the normal HD DVD cases). So I guess that would be 8 normal single cases and two double cases, or 7 and 2 or 6 and 2 depending on how many you can squeeze into that $5 box. Is this ok with you?
Yeppers. You want as many cases as I can fit in a $5.95 box. Zero of them HDDVD COMBO (which is good news to Rockybalboa), two double HD cases, and the rest single HD cases. I'll play around with the #s and the box tonight and let you know how it looks before committing us to anything.
Old 04-07-10, 03:31 PM

Sounds perfect! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this!
Old 04-07-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

De nada - Mrs. kenbuzz is happy that I'm finally getting rid of Mount Emptycases from the basement. I'll be moving a significant # of my DVDs into secondary storage and dumping about 300 SD cases in the process over the summer, but I figured folks out here would appreciate a chance to grab my throwaways rather than try to see if the county recycles them.
Old 04-07-10, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sports fans: Cub Scouts ran long tonight and I'm bushed. I'll get everything I promised for this evening packed up tomorrow evening and shipped on Friday. Sorry / thanks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.