Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Blu-Ray Movies/TV Series FS (PayPal Prefered)

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Blu-Ray Movies/TV Series FS (PayPal Prefered)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 11:30 AM
dat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Blu-Ray Movies/TV Series FS (PayPal Prefered)

Not always true if the seller got a few to send $$ to him then used all the $$ or cleaned the paypal balance out and is gone. You file a claim you will win but if they can not get the $$ back you don't get jack back. You lose.

I have seen this happen to several guys i know , once time a friend bought some speakers off a guy that had over 100+ feedback at 100% on a forum he was a member for over 3 years and got lots of money and left newer came back drained his paypal account and the guy filed a claim and he won but paypal could not find the guy to collect the money.

So my friend lost over 3K, he even had the ploice involved but nothing happened.
Old 02-05-09, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kory
Hey, that's better than being scammed. I was worried about ordering from this guy, thankfully someone else was the guinea pig.
Well technically we were scammed even thought we all got refunds. He was selling movies to me that he had already sold to someone else. So all this guy basically did was take $132 of my money and put it on hold for nearly a week now. I don't understand the fishiness around all of this. Its like he took out a loan from members here or something.

Last edited by TomSelleck; 02-05-09 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-05-09, 12:09 PM

I left him a -1, I would suggest others do the same
Old 02-05-09, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rockybalboa
I left him a -1, I would suggest others do the same
Yeah well I would like to give him until the end of the week to at least try and contact me or all of us and at least attempt to explain what happened. But if I don't hear anything I will probably have to join in with you. So sad it has to come to this.
Old 02-05-09, 01:09 PM

Well, he issued the refund.. I think he could have sent an email with it saying what went wrong... yes, I am not happy about this either, but if you post something for sale, and people pay you, you should send out the items.. Communication would have made me feel a little different on this situation, emails do not take very long to send.
Old 02-05-09, 01:18 PM
dat

I don't think he deserves a -1 unless he takes your money, maybe something happened with Family / Work/ etc...

I just would post a message in the feedback area about what happened. Everyone is -1 happy. Sorta like EGAY and sellers not being able to leave negative.

I sold some blu rays on ebay and got a negative because one disc was loose in the blu ray case he told me I should have packed them better but said nothing was wrong with the BR disc. I got over 600+ and 1 negative now

But it's ok EBAY sucks @#$ with the fees and all so I'm doing local and forums for now on.
Old 02-05-09, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by dat
I don't think he deserves a -1 unless he takes your money, maybe something happened with Family / Work/ etc...

I just would post a message in the feedback area about what happened. Everyone is -1 happy. Sorta like EGAY and sellers not being able to leave negative.

I sold some blu rays on ebay and got a negative because one disc was loose in the blu ray case he told me I should have packed them better but said nothing was wrong with the BR disc. I got over 600+ and 1 negative now

But it's ok EBAY sucks @#$ with the fees and all so I'm doing local and forums for now on.
Well I agree with you to a point. Like I said I think this is his first time actually selling movies in this manner so maybe he deserves a break. BUT...he handled it wrong in multiple ways.

1. He promised one Blu-ray to me and RockyBalboa and we both paid for it.
2. He made no efforts at all to contact anyone once payments were sent.
3. Even when refunded out of the blue I still have not received any explanation or reason just as a common courtesy I think i should considering he had $132 of mine on hold for a week.

With all of those things considered a negative feedback doesn't sound so bad because that isn't how you should be a seller on the internet it was not a satisfactory experience. The guy seemed like a nice guy when talking to him so I hate to talk negative about anyone that I feel is somewhat decent.
Old 02-05-09, 01:40 PM

Dat

I am never happy about leaving a neg myself.. look at my own epay account and you would see I sent out around 1000 positives and 2 negs... I always pay quickly and right away, and when I sell, I COMMUNICATE.. problems with family.. understandable, even other things would be understandable, if they are COMMUNICATED... he sent a refund via paypal, he had time to do that, then he had time to say why he was refunding in an email, he chose not to, and still has not responded to a single email either on this site or direct emails I have sent.

I would much rather have things go nice and smooth and leave great feedback.. but when things like this happen, others need to be informed.. I always appreciate when others leave feedback either good or bad to save me headaches and loses...
Old 02-05-09, 02:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

He probably just wanted an interest free loan for a week.

I asked to buy 5 titles and he told me 3 were already sold. So maybe he intended on selling them (cheap) but changes his mind later? Regardless, he should be suspended.
Old 03-19-09, 06:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I know it's been over a month, but I'd like to apologize to anyone I may have wronged when I was selling these movies. The reason I wasn't able to ship them, and ended up issuing the refunds is that I was out of town for over a week trying to spend time with my grandmother. While I was visiting her she ended up passing away, and I had to stay where I was at longer than I planned on.

Also about selling multiple copies of the same movie to different people that was a mistake, and I'm not sure how I managed that one. I honestly did try to keep track of what movies I was selling to what people.