Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Worldwide Contacts??

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Worldwide Contacts??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worldwide Contacts??

I haven't been into this thread before but I'm assuming it's a place where members can buy, sell and trade. I was just wondering if you guys had anything set up where people in other countries could get certain things and then ship pass them on.

For example, there is a Bourne collection that I wanted from amazon.china but they can't ship this particular item outside China. There is a cd that I wanted to get from an Indian website, while the cd may only cost 5 US dollars, the shipping to the States is about $35. It would be nice to have contacts in India or China or any other country.

have you guys set up anything like this?

Thanks
Old 08-29-08, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think there is anything specifically set up but I would like to participate the only thing is that i only have access to US and Puerto Rico stuff if anyone wanted something specific from there which I would doubt.
Old 08-29-08, 03:38 PM

I don't know...you might be able to find people outside of the US that would want stuff from here. I just think that it would easier for a "foreigner" (anyone outside US in this case) to get something from here because most probably understand English and most US sites would ship out of the country I think.

I had a hell of a time trying to translate some of these websites I've browsed
Old 08-29-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im an international noob, but you just might have a bit of luck if you had a thread that listed specific wants. i am aware of a few forum members (though some dont peruse the exchange thread much) from outside the u.s. that might have access to your wants. but id guess you would have to be patient.

good luck
Old 08-29-08, 09:24 PM

yeah for my case, it would just consist of me ordering a cd or DVD from an international site like amazon.cn and then having them ship it to someone in China. That person in China could then ship it on to me and I could pay them for it.
Old 03-30-09, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Worldwide Contacts??

I am from India and i can probably help you if you want anything from here.