Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

looking for Batman GK steelbook

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-08, 08:36 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, i am looking for this copy of Batman Gotham Knights steelbook + lenticular cover from bestbuy. please contact me with price to canada
Old 07-08-08, 08:51 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts
Originally Posted by meanz

hi, i am looking for this copy of Batman Gotham Knights steelbook + lenticular cover from bestbuy. please contact me with price to canada
there is no such thing. whoever took the pic took off the lenticular from a keepcase and i assume jammed it on the SteelBook and "got away with something".
Old 07-08-08, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I bought mine this afternoon. There's no such thing. He just threw the lenticular over the steel book. Scam.
Old 07-08-08, 09:55 PM

The guy that took that picture is a total arse. He is always doing crap like this on another forum. I've learned to ignore everything he says.
Old 07-09-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
The guy that took that picture is a total arse. He is always doing crap like this on another forum. I've learned to ignore everything he says.
Was it JL?
Old 07-09-08, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by howwon
Was it JL?
It very well might be. His posts on both forums correspond about this lenticular he basically stole and put on this steelbook.
Old 07-09-08, 06:58 AM

Does anybody have just the slipcover for sale or trade? I picked up the steelbook for the character guide and concession money, but, really like the look of the slipcover. I am willing to pay a few dollars plus shipping for one.
Old 07-09-08, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by so it goes
Does anybody have just the slipcover for sale or trade? I picked up the steelbook for the character guide and concession money, but, really like the look of the slipcover. I am willing to pay a few dollars plus shipping for one.
you do know that the slip won't fit the SteelBook, right?
Old 07-09-08, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by howwon
Was it JL?

Yes it was. He is still trying to say it is legit, and that HIS steelbooks is RARE. I mean come on, the slipcover is from the regular 2 disc. There are stickers on the steelbook AND a PG 13 sticker on the slipcover. I can't think of any dvd that I've bought with a slipcover that has stickers on the case and the slipcover. They always put the stickers on the slipcover. I'm willing to bet the sticker price is for the regular 2 disc and the sku is as well (unless he swapped the sticker).

And, it will fit the steelbook, but it'll take some force to do it. It might fit a little better without the shrinkwrap, but it will still be a tight fit, and the slipcover will eventually ruin the steelbook when you slip it in and out. If you want it bad enough, go to Best Buy, buy the dvd with the slip cover, then take back the dvd with the price sticker on the case. If you're lucky, you'll have no problems since the dvd will still be sealed, and it'll ring up just fine. A Manager may deny the return though if they notice the slipcover is missing. You could also do what JL did, and force it on a steelbook, then return the steelbook.

By the way, what is this guy's username here? Is it the same? Is he a member? Was he banned (crossing fingers)?
Old 07-09-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
By the way, what is this guy's username here? Is it the same? Is he a member? Was he banned (crossing fingers)?
He is not a member on DVDTalk. This community would not tolerate such behaviour and he would get suspended/banned before he could do too much damage.

Unlike the other SteelBook forum, DVDTalk actually has moderators.
Old 07-09-08, 10:49 PM

I'm aware the slipcover may not fit the steelbook and that is ok, I just really liked the look of it. I briefly considered buying it and returning it without, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.
I may end up buying a second copy if I could find a friend that would split the cost and didn't want the slipcover, or selling it as used somewhere. It would be nice not to have to do that though.
Old 07-10-08, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by so it goes
I'm aware the slipcover may not fit the steelbook and that is ok, I just really liked the look of it. I briefly considered buying it and returning it without, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.
I may end up buying a second copy if I could find a friend that would split the cost and didn't want the slipcover, or selling it as used somewhere. It would be nice not to have to do that though.
good answer!