Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Blu Rays $16 each shipped...

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 11:24 PM
dat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reservoir Dogs -SOLD
Premonition -SOLD
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy -SOLD
Crash –Sealed -SOLD
Chicago -SOLD
The Transporter 2 -SOLD
Crank -SOLD
The Prestige -SOLD

email at - [email protected] for faster replies...

Last edited by dat; 10-24-07 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-18-07, 11:56 PM

I'll take Reservoir Dogs. Oh wait, you still owe me that one...
Old 10-19-07, 10:29 AM

YGM regarding Transporter 2.
Old 10-19-07, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by vcuram
I'll take Reservoir Dogs. Oh wait, you still owe me that one...
Are you saying that this person sold you a movie, has not sent you that movie, and is now trying to sell it again?
Old 10-19-07, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Are you saying that this person sold you a movie, has not sent you that movie, and is now trying to sell it again?
It wasn't a sale, it was a trade. I sent him Vacancy BD and he was to send me Reservoir Dogs BD. He got Vacancy. I never got Reservoir Dogs. I sent him a couple messages saying I didn't get it. He responded once and said he shipped it. I sent him a couple more messages. He stopped responding to messages.

Now he has Reservoir Dogs BD for sale. Kinda interesting. I'm out the $24 I spent on Vacancy, plus the $15 I spent to purchase Reservoir Dogs since I never got the one from him. But at least he has an extra copy he can sell....

Last edited by vcuram; 10-19-07 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-22-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
It wasn't a sale, it was a trade. I sent him Vacancy BD and he was to send me Reservoir Dogs BD. He got Vacancy. I never got Reservoir Dogs. I sent him a couple messages saying I didn't get it. He responded once and said he shipped it. I sent him a couple more messages. He stopped responding to messages.

Now he has Reservoir Dogs BD for sale. Kinda interesting. I'm out the $24 I spent on Vacancy, plus the $15 I spent to purchase Reservoir Dogs since I never got the one from him. But at least he has an extra copy he can sell....
You need to alert the mods about this situation. They can suspend his account barring resolution. There's no reason for a person to be continuing to trade on this forum if they are acting in this manner towards other members. Forward them the relevant info and ask for help.
Old 10-22-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the heads up vcuram, I was actually gonna buy something.
Old 10-22-07, 10:42 AM

I sent a message to Mao a few days ago explaining what happened and a link to this thread. I haven't heard back from him.

The whole situation is partially my fault. I should have made him ship first.

I would say definitely avoid trading with this guy. Buying through PayPal from him is a little different because it's easy to get your money back if you don't receive anything.
Old 10-22-07, 05:10 PM
Suspended

I sent a message to Mao a few days ago explaining what happened and a link to this thread. I haven't heard back from him.
wow, you're quite understanding, was there no Delivery confirmation on his end?

and yes, paypal is pretty secure on not getting screwed over.
Old 10-22-07, 05:25 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by lcnickell

I strongly disagree. As someone who has tried to get my money back from a seller through Paypal, I know that it's not easy.

I filed a complaint, it was never answered and Paypal sided with me. Great! But, the guy took all of the money out of his account (possibly during the three days he had to respond to my complaint) and so they couldn't issue me a refund. They did say that if he ever did put the $40 he owed me back into his account I'd get it. That was two years ago.

Paypal won't help if the guy is just crooked.
Old 10-22-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I traded with David and didn't have a problem. Took him a bit longer to send his disc but he responded to my emails.
Old 10-22-07, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by lcnickell
wow, you're quite understanding, was there no Delivery confirmation on his end?

I don't know if there was DC, he stopped responding to my messages. There are more important things in life than a couple of Blu-ray discs. I'm not going to call the guy names or curse and swear about it. All I want to know is what happened and why he hasn't done anything to rectify the situation. But, whatever, I'm not going to starve because I'm out $39.

I guess I've always had good luck with trades and PayPal on this site. This is my first bad trade/sale in probably close to 100 transactions.
Old 10-23-07, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by videophile
I strongly disagree. As someone who has tried to get my money back from a seller through Paypal, I know that it's not easy.

I filed a complaint, it was never answered and Paypal sided with me. Great! But, the guy took all of the money out of his account (possibly during the three days he had to respond to my complaint) and so they couldn't issue me a refund. They did say that if he ever did put the $40 he owed me back into his account I'd get it. That was two years ago.

Paypal won't help if the guy is just crooked.
This is the same situation that happened to me. I bought tickets from some one.. they took my $120.. no tickets. I complained to paypal.. won the dispute.. 2 years later im still waiting for my $120.. they will never use that account again.
Old 10-23-07, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I decided against buying a movie from him.
Old 10-24-07, 12:50 PM
dat

All Movies have been Sold, I sent all the movies out, I have excellent feedback on the other Forums.

I sent him his Reservior Dogs movie I don't know why he says it did not arrive. But if you guys feel like I'm a scammer then don't buy from me, I always have great movies for sale. I just don't sell much or post much on here because this site is a little slow on selling items. I posted 30 movies on another forum and 16 of them sold in first 10 minutes. The rest were sold by the end of the day.

Last edited by dat; 10-24-07 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-24-07, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by dat
I sent him his Reservior Dogs movie I don't know why he says it did not arrive.
I say that because it didn't arrive. Ignoring my messages and then selling the same title that I never received is very, very sketchy. If you can't understand that, then there's really nothing more that needs to be said.

Anyway, apparently no one is moderating this forum anymore, because I haven't heard anything from Mao. I guess my days of dealing with anyone not on the Gold Trader list are over.
Old 10-24-07, 03:48 PM
dat

I say that because it didn't arrive. Ignoring my messages and then selling the same title that I never received is very, very sketchy. If you can't understand that, then there's really nothing more that needs to be said.

Anyway, apparently no one is moderating this forum anymore, because I haven't heard anything from Mao. I guess my days of dealing with anyone not on the Gold Trader list are over.

Yeah this Forum is kinda gay with all that Gold trader shit, I have over 1300 sales on ebay and I'm 99% I have traded with over 30 members on other sites and no problems. I got that reservior Dogs from a local pawn shop sealed for a cheap price so I decided to resale it to make some $$. send your email and or addy you paid for the RD disc on paypal and I'll see what i can do.
Old 10-24-07, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by dat
Yeah this Forum is kinda gay with all that Gold trader shit, I have over 1300 sales on ebay and I'm 99% I have traded with over 30 members on other sites and no problems. I got that reservior Dogs from a local pawn shop sealed for a cheap price so I decided to resale it to make some $$. send your email and or addy you paid for the RD disc on paypal and I'll see what i can do.
What you can do? Easy, refund him his money.

Here's the deal bud, and this isn't DVD-Talk specific, this is "Internet-trading ethics"...it is the SELLER'S responsibility to get the item purchased to the BUYER. If the buyer says "I didn't get *product*" then it is your responsibility to remedy the situation.

Now, if you utilizied tracking or insurance then you have remedies in place. If you just shipped it off then you risk having the buyer say he/she didn't receive the item and you having no proof otherwise.

Refund him his money and next time, ship with tracking or insurance.