Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

The Unofficial "Big Lots" Exchange Thread

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

The Unofficial "Big Lots" Exchange Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts
abintra, not a problem. Let me know if you change your mind.

I have updated my haves/wants accordingly.

Kurtis, YGM.
Old 03-29-07, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abintra,

I just picked up another copy of Beijing Bicycle. Do you want it? If so, I can send it with the other 4.

I also picked up Va Savoir & Vertical Ray Of The Sun. If anyone's interested speak up
Old 03-29-07, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interested and sent a follow-up email. If you think you might come across any others from my wishlist, feel free to hang onto them and ship all at once and I'll pay in advance.

Thanks again.
Old 03-30-07, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by abintra
Interested and sent a follow-up email. If you think you might come across any others from my wishlist, feel free to hang onto them and ship all at once and I'll pay in advance.

Thanks again.
I printed your list and have it in my wallet
Old 03-30-07, 09:04 AM

Ken Cline,

I also am interested in the DVDs and sent you an e-mail yesterday.

My trade list is here:

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...List&id=kbeard

Thanks!

Kurtis
Old 03-30-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ken, I still haven't heard from you regarding payment for the two discs. I hope my e-mail account isn't acting up. I e-mailed you through the forum, so perhaps that's the issue. You can reach me at dlawson AT fuse.net. Thanks! Keep an eye out for an extra Monsieur Ibrahim.

Kurtis, your two discs are in the mail.
Old 03-30-07, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by kbeard
Ken Cline, I also am interested in the DVDs and sent you an e-mail yesterday.
Kurtis
Originally Posted by printerati
Ken, I still haven't heard from you regarding payment for the two discs. I hope my e-mail account isn't acting up. I e-mailed you through the forum, so perhaps that's the issue.
Uh Oh! I think the forum email isn't working. Kurtis, I didn't get your email (checked spam folder too). my address is ken_cline at yahoo.com

Printerati, I sent you an email yesterday. I'll resend to the address you listed.
Old 03-30-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ken, thanks...I'll be looking for it. I never got the one you sent yesterday.
Old 03-31-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up an extra copy of Bon Voyage today, if anyone needs one. It has been added to my list.
Old 03-31-07, 10:21 AM

Ken,

I sent you an e-mail.

printerati,

I sent the DVD yesterday.

Thanks!

Kurtis
Old 03-31-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks, Kurtis.

I don't know how many of you have been able to find Kontroll, but it's well worth picking up. I just watched it last night and really had a good time with it. The cinematography and soundtrack are both very well done. The disclaimer before the film is a bit odd, the English subtitles are forced (and have a few typos or missing words), and the disc is bare bones. Considering all of the nominations it received, I really would have liked some additional content, just to learn more about the film and/or the director.

My copy is not for trade.
Old 03-31-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ken Cline
Oh, I picked up another copy of Spider if anyone needs one.
I do! I do!
Old 04-01-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up a few titles for myself today, and two just in case any of you guys are interested in trading. Here are the two I got to trade:

-Mr. Sardonicus
-Spider
Old 04-01-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I found the two remaining titles I was looking for, and grabbed several others, including an extra copy of Returner.

abintra, I also picked up a copy of Big Girls Don't Cry, if you'd be interested in that and Vargas. Let me know.

For anyone who has found Mifune, is it the widescreen version? Or is there a R1 widescreen version? IMDb lists it as 1.66:1, but the DVD Talk review says it is full-screen.

Last edited by printerati; 04-01-07 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-02-07, 01:09 AM

For anyone who has found Mifune, is it the widescreen version? Or is there a R1 widescreen version? IMDb lists it as 1.66:1, but the DVD Talk review says it is full-screen.
The Sony DVD of "Mifune" is indeed full-screen (1.33:1). There does not appear to be a R1 widescreen version.
Old 04-02-07, 10:16 AM

I don't know how many of you have been able to find Kontroll, but it's well worth picking up. I just watched it last night and really had a good time with it. The cinematography and soundtrack are both very well done. The disclaimer before the film is a bit odd, the English subtitles are forced (and have a few typos or missing words), and the disc is bare bones. Considering all of the nominations it received, I really would have liked some additional content, just to learn more about the film and/or the director.
Just watched this last night. I liked it. The transfer is subpar though (non-anamorphic). But for $3, not a big deal. There's a budapest 2 disc version which is superior to the U.S. version, but it's region 2 and PAL (I think).

If you want a real kickin' soundtrack get Run Lola Run - great film, great soundtrack. In fact, I loved the soundtrack so much I picked up the CD (used) - and I'm not really into trance music.
Old 04-02-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you want a real kickin' soundtrack get Run Lola Run - great film, great soundtrack. In fact, I loved the soundtrack so much I picked up the CD (used) - and I'm not really into trance music.
Also saw it theatrically, and one of the first discs I ever purchased. I like all of Tykwer's films, actually.
Old 04-03-07, 08:10 AM

Is anyone insterested in Mifune before I return it to BL?

Since we found out it's full screen and not OAR (1.66:1), I don't think anyone is interested in it - I know I'm not. Shame on you Sony.

Let me know if you do happen to want it.
Old 04-03-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

abintra, I also picked up a copy of Big Girls Don't Cry, if you'd be interested in that and Vargas. Let me know.

Damn, I keep forgetting to check this thread and missed this until seeing the thread update email.

I might hit a couple Big Lots by me shortly so would rather wait on it in hopes I find new stock. If you don't trade/return it, I might revisit this though.

Thanks again.

Is anyone insterested in Mifune before I return it to BL?

Since we found out it's full screen and not OAR (1.66:1), I don't think anyone is interested in it - I know I'm not. Shame on you Sony.

Let me know if you do happen to want it.
I'd love it if you haven't shipped the others yet.

Also, Mifune's intended aspect ratio is 1.33:1. Confirmed via Rewind and DVD Beaver.

I believe IMDb is mistaken due to it being shown theatrical at 1.66:1 since I don't think most theaters are equipped for 1.33:1 (may be mistaken though).
Old 04-03-07, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by abintra
I'd love it if you haven't shipped the others yet.

Also, Mifune's intended aspect ratio is 1.33:1. Confirmed via Rewind and DVD Beaver.

I believe IMDb is mistaken due to it being shown theatrical at 1.66:1 since I don't think most theaters are equipped for 1.33:1 (may be mistaken though).
Is that one of the requirements for a dogma film? 1.33:1. I see that the other dogma films in that set are also the same.

If that's the case, I may keep it. It's the only one I found in my area.

BTW, your DVDs are on their way
Old 04-03-07, 02:12 PM

Is that one of the requirements for a dogma film? 1.33:1. I see that the other dogma films in that set are also the same.
I'm going to answer my own question

Originally Posted by Dogme95 - Vow Of Chastity
9. The film format must be Academy 35 mm.
Originally Posted by wikipedia - Academy 35mm film
In the conventional motion picture format, frames are four perforations tall, with an aspect ratio of about 1.37:1, 22 mm by 16 mm (0.866" x 0.630"). This is a derivation of the aspect ratio and frame size designated by Thomas Edison (24.89 mm by 18.67 mm or .980" by .735") at the dawn of motion pictures, which was an aspect ratio of 1.33:1.
I see that Mifune was the first Dogma film to shoot on 16mm and blow up to 35mm.
Old 04-03-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm...may have my sister pick it up at her local store if it's still available, then. I can't say the film really interests me, however, so it will likely show up in my trade list here.
Old 04-03-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If that's the case, I may keep it. It's the only one I found in my area.

BTW, your DVDs are on their way
I ended up finding it today too (and all the ones you just shipped of course). That one store basically had 90% of all found titles this time.
Old 04-04-07, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up two more today, to bring my trade total so far to four:

-Le Dernier Combat
-The Man Without a Past

The main store I went to today had a ton of stuff, but I couldn't remember what everyone wanted so I only picked up those two.
Old 04-04-07, 09:55 PM

BL List for Trade or PayPal

OK. Here's a list of extra copies that are available for anyone that wants to trade (if possible) or just do a straight PayPal transaction. Currently, I have 3 orders in route to printerati, abintra and FangsFirst.

Shoot me an email if you're insterested in anything. Numbers in () indicate number of copies I have. I will update this post as it changes.

- The Devil Commands (3)
- Va Savoir (1)
- The Red Dwarf (1)
- Returner (1)
- The Man Without A Past (1)
- Beijing Bicycle (1)
- Quitting (1)
- Sunshine State (1)
- Mr. Sardonicus (1)
- Raising Victor Vargas (1)

abintra,

You have first dibs on Quitting and Raising Victor Vargas - unless you already found them yesterday.

FYI, I shipped 5 DVDs to abintra in a small cardboard box, about the size of all 5 discs, for just a little over $2 for media mail. Weight was 1.45 lbs. Not bad at all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.