Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Worst Father of the Year Needs "Over the Hedge" DVD

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 10-05-06, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I feel like a total a-hole......some that know me here are nodding their heads saying, "well ya." Here's the story, I planned an outdoor movie and BBQ for my son's 2nd grade class of 25 kids and their families. We could have 75 plus ppl coming over. I made these really neat invites which featured "Over the Hedge" images and annoucing that as our feature presentation. The problem is I didn't realize the movie comes out on 10/17......the date of our movie night.....Saturday, October 14th.

If anyone has access to an early review copy etc, I would like to either buy it or rent it from you. I'm sure we can work out a $ deal or trade. I have HD-DVD's for trade too. Or, if anyone has a non-region 1 dvd of this film, I have a region free player too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

PS: Region 4 has released this title. I know cdwow carries it....but I doubt I could get a copy in time for the 14th from them. Anyone know of a region 4 e-tailer that may offer a speedier shipping option? Thanks

PS: And yes, we can find a suitable sub for this film....it's just with the invites and my son's excitement for this particular title....well fellow parents understand....

Last edited by RonBoster; 10-05-06 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 07:08 PM

I sympathize (and empathize) with you.

One thing you might try- if you have any independent video stores near you, explain to the proprietor your situation and ask if you might be able to rent a copy of that movie "early", as it were. Most of the rental shops get the movies from their distributor the week before, to give them time to prepare them for rental on Tuesday. At least one store near me always breaks the street date on new releases, and shelves them on the previous Friday.

Worth a shot anyway. You might even find a sympathetic manager at Blockbuster or Hollywood who will slip you a copy, though that's less likely.
Old 10-05-06, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If worse comes to worse i can probably get one for you. I work at a video store and we should be getting a shipment in on Wednesday.
Old 10-05-06, 08:16 PM

I could get you the film but it would be bordering on the line of what's legal and illegal.
Old 10-05-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't want to get anyone in trouble. It might be better to contact me at my email [email protected]. Legend....great advice!!!! Kocheese and MrChaos thanks for the info...I will contact you directly with any advice/info you may have. Normally, I wouldn't push the street date issue...no biggie in 99.9% of the time...this happens to be that .01% situation. Hey, if anyone from Dreamworks is reading this...I would be happy to do a heavy promotion for this or anyother title. Grassroots advertising as it were...

I really do appreciate it. The frickin invites were given out today, so there are no "take backs" as it were. My son said..."Dadddddd, how come you didn't know which date it was?" One of the few times I screw up street dates...oh well....again thanks to all for responding.

Ron
Old 10-06-06, 02:38 AM
Cool New Member

Hey Ron if your live near a Wherehouse store you could try there last week when I was buying X-men 3 they had just gotten their new shipment of movies and some of the movies that I remember them receiving were The Break Up, The Omen, Over The Hedge, Nacho Libre, The OC Season 3 movies at least 2 weeks from being released. Or like someone above mentioned try a local independent movie store my local one the manager usually shelves new releases on Thursdays the week before street dates
Old 10-13-06, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Again thanks to those who offered help and suggestions. A big thank you to fellow member Doug, who offered a suggestion that worked out and if it hadn't he offered a solid back up plan too. Doug...THANKS!!!

Ron

So the St Thomas Moore 2nd graders will be enjoying Over the Hedge tomorrow at the Boster Drive-Way Theater.
Old 10-13-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yeah! good for them, it's a good flick, i liked the
Spoiler:
knock on SUVs, when asked asked many ride in them, "usually one."