DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

FS/FT 20 DVD's

Old 01-24-06, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 20 DVD's huge price drop need to sell for food

I have a lot of 20 DVD's I would like to sell. I'm asking was $40 shipped now only $30 for the whole lot. Heatware and eBay feedback under knucklehead151. You can email at [email protected].

Last edited by BENCHMARKMAN; 02-07-06 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-24-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What dvds do ya have?
Old 01-24-06, 05:39 PM

I'm selling the whole lot and Don't have them all with me now. They are all brand new region free and still shrink wrapped. If you would like I can give post a list later tonight when I get home.
Old 01-24-06, 06:59 PM

Discovery Channel Battle of Midway
Third Eye
A Mission to Kill
The Inside Man with Dennis Hopper
Crime Boss
Royal Wedding with Fred Astaire
Death of A Prophet Malcolm X with Morgan Freeman
In Search of America
Hard Knox with Robert Conrad
Power Passion and Murder with Michelle Pfeiffer
Death Rides a Horse

And more
Old 01-25-06, 07:27 AM

Nobody is interested?
Old 01-25-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Dude - you say you have 20 DVDs for sale, you list 11.

What's your malfunction?
Old 01-25-06, 09:54 AM

Its a wholesale lot of DVD's. I've listed more than half so you should have a pretty good idea of what you will be getting.
Old 01-25-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Are you serious?

Old 01-25-06, 10:19 AM

Does AOL ship dvds in the mail like they used to do with CDs? Maybe the rest of the DVDs are AOL DVDs? Or who knows, maybe they are blank DVDs...

Man guys, this sounds like a great deal!
Old 01-28-06, 07:23 AM

Too bad that is not what I did. I did not buy these for a $1 and then try to resell them on the internet. Please no thread crapping.

Bump please people I need to get rid of these DVD's.

*edit and no I did not buy them off eBay or any other auction site either.
Old 01-28-06, 10:57 AM

I realize that Dean's post was a bit long and cappingish but disregarding the quality aspects of the dvds you have to offer if you insist on only selling (and in bulk at that) you NEED to list them all... How can you not have enough time to list ten more dvds and expect us to pay money for them?
Old 01-28-06, 12:44 PM

Hey, I may take offense to that, if I knew what "cappingish",meant?

Ok, you made me feel guilty, so I deleted it. It was long, I apologise, and really meant no disrespect for that, but it's a fact with these, c'mon, look at the titles. And to the poster: I didn't say that you bought them off of Ebay, I said you should try selling them on Ebay.

And as I had said, some of these dvd's are the ONLY way they come right now. So some die-hard fans would rather these than nothing at all. And yes, they should ALL be listed, especially if you're trying to sell in bulk.

Last edited by Giallofan; 01-28-06 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-28-06, 12:47 PM

Have you guys never boughten anything in a lot?? The seller never lists every single title because I have hundreds of DVD's and I don't even know what DVD's you will get. I've promised that the 11 above will be in the lot.
Old 01-28-06, 12:55 PM

I personally haven't, but I know on Ebay they sell them like that alot, I'll give ya that. But even on there, if it's like a lot of 20 dvd's, they'll list ALL of them that they have, say 50 of them, and tell you that you'll get 20 out of those titles. So at least you know what is in there, even if you don't know the exact ones you'll get. Personally, I'm not into grab bags myself though.

You have to realize, this is'nt no auction site, and there's serious collector's out here that would like to know what they're getting. If you have 100's of dvd's, then just list 9 more that you'll offer in the 20. It's that easy.

Last edited by Giallofan; 01-28-06 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-07-06, 07:53 AM

I've lowered the price to $30 because I really need to sell these DVD's because I've come into hard times. I recently lost all my money for grocceries. It's a long story but let just say I got ripped off by my local grocery store with a pre-paid shopping card . Sorry but trades are no longer accepted because I need the cash.
Old 02-07-06, 08:11 AM

I did'nt know anyone was offering any trades? Well are you going to list all the ones you have for sale then, or what, this time? If you're that desperate, it may be a good idea? Just saying, people would like to have an idea of what they're buying, ya know?

I kind of came into hard times too! I've been spending all my money on Criterions's lately, and the wife's about to hit me with a bat. That's pretty hard!!
Old 02-07-06, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by BENCHMARKMAN
Have you guys never boughten anything in a lot?? I've promised that the 11 above will be in the lot.
Not on DVDTalk, and never if I don't know what I'm getting. If you have 20 DVDs, list 20. Listing 11 means you only have 11- if it's not worth your time to list list the others, it's not worth our time to buy them.

I mean this in the nicest possible way: Telling us that we should be glad to have the chance to buy mystery movies at your price and your terms doesn't exactly make you sound like a nice guy to deal with. Instead of wasting a reply telling us why we should blindly buy whatever you're selling, why not take the time to list the titles?

Originally Posted by Giallofan
Encore!
Old 02-07-06, 11:52 AM

You got it!!!

Old 02-07-06, 12:15 PM

I believe I've pretty much explained why I can't tell you the rest of the DVD's is because I don't know what other ones you will get because I have hundreds of DVD's. I can assure you though that they will be similiar to the ones I've already mentioned, brand new, and no duplicates.
Old 02-07-06, 12:42 PM

I know you explained that Sir, but why not just pick out 9 more dvd's and add them to the 11 you already listed? You obviously already picked out 11, what's another 9 more from your 100's that you have, really? I don't know how much clearer it has to be spelled out for you that people would like to see them ALL that you're selling, not partial, and make the rest a "grab-bag" type of thing?

If you're so indecisive of what others those 9 dvd's are going to be right now, that you can't list them, then how are you going to manage which ones to ship to the person willing to buy them, if they were willing to buy them on YOUR terms? You have to see it from our point of view, the people you're trying to sell these too, ya know? Nobody want's to buy something when they don't even know what they're getting, besides the 11 great titles, ahheem!, you already listed.

Last edited by Giallofan; 02-08-06 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-08-06, 08:01 AM

I can't tear my eyes away from this thread for some reason. Please, someone lock it soon so I can go back to work.
Old 02-08-06, 09:24 AM

well I'm done adding my .02 in. If this potential con... ...ah, I mean...trader, don't know what to do by now to try & get his 20 dvd lot sold, then I'm at a loss for words?

Ok, wait a minute. Apparently, I'm NOT at a total loss for words....yet!!! I'll finish though with this.

I'm kind of curious, how many different boards are you posting these on throughout the internet? You must be having the same problems on them (if you did post anywhere else), that you're having on here, I'd imagine, because I'm sure people don't want to buy them the way YOU want to sell them? Maybe if you were on here for awhile, people may have some trust in you & you'd probably have some credibility, I don't know? But telling us your sob story of how your local grocery store has ripped you off, & how bad you need money, that you're willing to take a whole $10 off your asking price, I don't think is tugging at too many hearts around here, and has people jumping all over this excellent deal of yours? At least I can say it's not affecting mine at the least. You make it sound like it's impossible for you to list 9 more titles? Do you even HAVE 9 more dvd's in your supposed 100's that you have?

I'm talking way too long, sorry to the good folks out here. And I have NO idea why I'm wasting my time or my breathe really, when it doesn't seem to be getting through the thickness that is your head, about this situation?

Last edited by Giallofan; 02-08-06 at 11:16 AM.