Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Tried Peerflix?

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-05, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found this site (www.peerflix.com) and it looks like an interesting way of trading DVDs. Basically, there's no monthly fee and trades cost $1 each (i.e. you trade your dvd plus $1 for someone else's dvd). The first 10 trades are free.

Before I join -- does anyone have any experiences to share?
Old 01-11-05, 06:53 PM

I remember when this first came out it looked pretty interesting. The thing that stopped me from joining was the fact that you are just trading DVDs - no case, inserts, packaging, etc. Since I like having the whole deal, I didn't bother with it. The customer service was very prompt though - I sent them a question about packaging and received a response within minutes. Wished the guy luck but didn't join up.

brif
Old 01-11-05, 10:35 PM

Looks like a good way to exchange defective discs if you lost the receipt or were too lazy to bother with it.
Old 01-11-05, 10:57 PM
Banned

heyyoeddie, any interest in making any trades? i have a number of items from your wishlist....drop me an email if you would like, [email protected]
Old 01-12-05, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When browsing the DVDs, I couldn't find any that said they were available - unless that was because I had no peerbux, not sure whether "available" means to ME or in general.
Old 01-12-05, 05:42 AM

If anyone is interested in the concept of swapping just disks, you might want to check out the site SendMeFlix which is based on the same concept as Peerflix but has no fees. I've never swapped anything there, but I've traded with the site administrator Oakey and do recommend him as a trader. He is the one that told me about Peerflix (which I never joined--I'm like brif, I want the whole package.) If anyone joins sendmeflix, please feel free to use me as a referrer--my username is booklover there, also.
Old 01-12-05, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like Oakey is the only one with any DVDs listed there.
Old 01-17-05, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I just signed up for peerflix a few days ago & I was wondering if I was supposed to send just the dvd or the case & the dvd. I'm glad someone on here had mentioned that it was just the dvd. I have a question & was wondering if anyone can answer it. On the site & on here it's been mentioned that it's $1 a trade & the first 10 are free. However when I look at my account info, it says that I owe $6 for New Account 3 Trade Bonus (on 2 dates). I don't understand this. I haven't even received my mailers yet. I do have 2 requests for dvds, but I didn't get my mailers yet so it's not like I've sent them yet. Why would I owe $6. Even if I was being charged for the trades (which I hadn't agreed to yet), wouldn't it only be $2? I was wondering what the knowledgable people on here thought before I go ahead with doing anything. Thanks.
Old 01-17-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by booklover
If anyone is interested in the concept of swapping just disks, you might want to check out the site SendMeFlix which is based on the same concept as Peerflix but has no fees. I've never swapped anything there, but I've traded with the site administrator Oakey and do recommend him as a trader. He is the one that told me about Peerflix (which I never joined--I'm like brif, I want the whole package.) If anyone joins sendmeflix, please feel free to use me as a referrer--my username is booklover there, also.
This site is gone....discontinued by Oakey
Old 01-17-05, 07:17 PM

Hey, just so you know. The link to SendMeFlix says that he has shut the site down.