Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

DVD Trading Web Sites?

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

DVD Trading Web Sites?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Trading Web Sites?

Anyone here use any other sites to sucessfully trade DVDs?

There used to be a couple some years ago that I used where you could list what you had and then select what others had and offer trades (almost like a trading eBay), but they're gone now.
Old 01-10-05, 07:17 AM

I've just spent my spare time this past weekend searching the web and looking for any good DVD trading sites I wasn't aware of. The only one that I know of that I would recommend is My DVD Trades located at http://www.mydvdtrades.com -- trading is kind of slow but it is free to join at this time. The site uses a database so it is easy to enter items by title or UPC. Condition is a required field for item entry. The site has both an offer system and messaging system so you can ask questions of other members.

Like the original poster, I would love to know of a really active dvd swapping site that lets you post have and want lists so other users can contact you and make offers. Unfortunately the limited amount of time I have to spend online dealing with my trading lists make message boards a little hard to keep track of for me.
Old 01-10-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I signed on to that one, and we'll see what happens.

Noone else trades anywhere else online?
Old 01-11-05, 08:40 AM

Respinit

another site and you dont have to pay:

http://www.respinit.com/login.asp

not bad, but not enough action.
Old 01-11-05, 03:21 PM

Have you actually made a trade on respinit? I joined that one, too, but the messaging system doesn't seem to work at all (I keep getting computer language error messages when I hit send) and attempts to contact the site to report the error get a page not found message. I finally did find an actual email address somewhere on the site and emailed them, but never heard anything from them.

The reason I was trying to message a couple of users anyway was because of the posting age of the items I was interested in. I wanted to see if they were still actually available and if the posters had a wishlist somewhere.
Old 01-11-05, 04:41 PM

How about http://gametz.com?

It's mostly for Video Games, it's also great for Movies, Books, and Music. =D
Old 01-12-05, 05:20 AM

I tried gametz, too--before it turned in to a paying site. I was never able to make a trade so I opted not to pay the membership fee when it went paid membership. I definitely agree with the activity for video games, but I still think My DVD Trades is a much better site for trading dvds.
Old 01-12-05, 09:08 AM

one trade

i completed one trade on respinit. i noticed that too. not sure how the messaging system works, but i have received responses and offers in the past. i just figured those people that never replied dont bother anymore. since i found dvdtalk and made some trades here, i havent even updated my list there or logged on.