Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Used DVD Treasure Hunt

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Used DVD Treasure Hunt

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-04, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axelmusic has some new copies of Robocop Criterion and Seven Samurai Criterion. I'm sure they have some others as well, but I just can't be bothered to look.
Old 12-04-04, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd like to request the godfather collection. Thanks
Old 12-13-04, 10:00 PM

Title: Godfather Collection
Total Price: $ 29.99 (Used Price) + (MO Tax) + ($3.50? Shipping)
Availability: Claimed, pending approval by jswiese
Disc Condition: Unknown (PVR), spotted at Hastings Video store in locked case, I wasn't interested so didn't look at the discs. Just a coincidence that someone asked for it. The outer case looked fine, as it probably never left the store.
Notes:
Old 12-13-04, 10:03 PM

Ah what the hell, while I'm at it.

Title: 8 1/2 Criterion
Total Price: $ 18.99 (Used Price) + (MO Tax) + ($3.50? Shipping)
Availability: Unclaimed
Disc Condition: Disc in great condition
Notes: Case plastic was rough, but replaceable. Cover art and inner booklet were in great shape.

DVDPlanet has this for $25.xx shipped, so not a super hot deal.
Old 12-13-04, 10:13 PM

I'm always on the lookout for you guys. I'm not really interested in finding a great deal, I'm not looking for anything rare for my own collection.

Wish I could give you guys better discounts (shipping and tax, etc.), but really it's just an inconvenience to go back to buy the discs, when I'm not really getting any reward from it (other than giving you guys the opportunity to grab a decently priced deal).

I have access to two used DVD stores nearby, but I've been working 200 miles south and stumbled upon the Hastings and a local CD shop on the way home. There are a ton of boxed sets at each, but I don't really take the time to write them all down, as I don't know how high the interest is anymore in the "search". Add to the fact that I don't know a good going price for any of them. Guess I could print all the best prices and then go compare...ah, an epiphany.

I'll post again later. Last time I'll make it to the Hastings and the CD shop for a while will be Thursday, so I don't know if I'll be writing too many of them down.

Also, is there any interest in Armageddon Criterion? I believe I saw a copy for $11.99 (price might be higher) in a mall store.

And a P.S. - I've never done any exchanging on this board, but my eBay ID is minertwofour, 100% feedback of 128.
Old 12-17-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Beehut, I would like to claim it as long as it isn't over 35.00. I am able to get it brand new for 40.00 so if you are still able to get it let me know. Also if you see the discs and it's all scratched up, you can disregard. Thanks.
Old 12-20-04, 12:06 AM
Banned

New title DVD movie below market price

spam...disregard

Last edited by Mao; 12-20-04 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-20-04, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Title: Beastie boys anthology Criterion
Total Price: $ 12.99 (Used Price) + (PA Tax) + ($3.50? Shipping)
Disc Condition: I will ask to look at it if someone claims it
Notes:the case has a sticker on the outside, as I've seen this at gamestop.
Old 12-30-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ivelostr2
Title: Beastie boys anthology Criterion
Total Price: $ 12.99 (Used Price) + (PA Tax) + ($3.50? Shipping)
Disc Condition: I will ask to look at it if someone claims it
Notes:the case has a sticker on the outside, as I've seen this at gamestop.
I'd be interested in this if it's not gone. I've never done any trades or anything on here, so let me know what steps I need to take. Thanks.
Old 02-14-05, 07:45 PM

Title: The Blues Brothers Collector's Edition (OOP)
Total Price: $11.99 shipped ($7.99 Used price + $4 for tax and 2 day U.S. Priority Shipping)
Disc Condition: I bought this used from a store called SpinStreet. They shrinkwrap their used DVD's. I have not yet cracked the shrinkwrap and wanted to give whoever claims this the option of having it shipped untouched if they want. I'm happy to crack the wrap and inspect the disc if requested.
Notes: Paypal cash (I cannot accept PayPal credit card payments) preferred. Money order or personal check also okay, but I only ship upon receipt of payment. US buyers only. Case condition is good.

Last edited by Loc Nar; 02-23-05 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-14-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Loc Nar
Title: The Blues Brothers Collector's Edition (OOP)
Total Price: $12.99 shipped ($7.99 Used price + $4 for tax and 2 day U.S. Priority Shipping)
Disc Condition: I bought this used from a store called SpinStreet. They shrinkwrap their used DVD's. I have not yet cracked the shrinkwrap and wanted to give whoever claims this the option of having it shipped untouched if they want. I'm happy to crack the wrap and inspect the disc if requested.
Notes: Paypal cash (I cannot accept PayPal credit card payments) preferred. Money order or personal check also okay, but I only ship upon receipt of payment. US buyers only. Case condition is good.
I'll take it if you still have it.
Old 02-14-05, 08:14 PM

It's yours Brent. (for some reason I'm not able to edit my posts right now). Also, I typoed the price. The total will actually be $11.99. Did you want me to crack the shrink to check out the disc or do you want it as is, i.e. shrinkwrapped?
Old 02-18-05, 04:18 PM

FYI to those who support the Used DVD Treasure Hunt

Brent Lumkin is barred from further participation in the Used DVD Treasure Hunt for violating the rules regarding turning around a purchase for profit. He wasted no time in taking the Blues Brothers disc I just sold him for $11.99 and posting it for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

The winning bid, by the way, was $51 dollars.

Section I of the Buyers' Guide clearly states: "If we determine that a Buyer has purchased a Listing simply to turn around and try to scalp a profit off of it on Ebay or elsewhere, that person will be permanently listed on The Bench as an ineligible Buyer with the notation “(banned)” behind their name."

The reason behind this rule is clear. The Hunt is designed to put these rare, OOP discs in the hands of fellow DVD Talk members for their personal enjoyment and collections at great, non-price gouging prices. When people buy discs here to scalp, they are essentially robbing other DVD Talk members of the opportunity to add such discs to their collection at these great prices.

So, drjay, please add Brent Lumkin to the Bench as banned. Thank you.

Last edited by Loc Nar; 02-23-05 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-18-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

price drop!

Title: Peeping Tom Criterion
Total Price: $20 (purchase price + tax + FREE media mail shipping)
Disc Condition: Excellent. Case in very good condition as well. **I'm gonna offer this a little lower than what I paid since there hasn't been much activity here in a while **

drjay - please +1 to dick_grayson purchased, and +1 to my sold

Last edited by A-aron; 02-24-05 at 06:07 PM. Reason: pending sale
Old 02-19-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by achau9598
what I paid since there hasn't been much activity here in a while **

Title: Fanny & Alexander Theatrical Criterion (2 disc)
Total Price: $21 shipped
Disc Condition: I bought this used from FYE. Though it is marked as used, it still has the top seal on it, and the "Director Approved" sticker on the outside wrapper, so I believe that this may, in fact, be new.
Notes: Paypal preferred. Money order also okay, but I only ship upon receipt of payment. US buyers only.
dude, I'm all about this one. I'd like to claim it, if possible. thanks
Old 02-19-05, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Title: 101 Dalmatians: Limited Issue
Total Price: $26.62 shipped ($20.99 Used price + $1.84 for tax and 3.85 for 2 day U.S. Priority Shipping)
Disc Condition: Everything looks great from the outside, but it's sealed on an FYE shelf.
Notes: Paypal is accepted, but you must pay the paypal fees incurred. Money orders or personal checks are preferred.
Old 02-22-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Title: Fantasia 2000
Total Price: 18.00 (15.99 + 2.01 shipping w/insurance)
Disc Condition: Disc looks perfect. minor wear on bottom of front cover. just picked it up from FYE since I heard it was OOP. not a big fan of this movie, but was considering holdng it for collecting value. all you, if you want it
Notes: Paypal, check, money order. checks must clear first.
Old 02-26-05, 10:35 PM

Title: the Mummy, Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolf Man (OOP Versions)
Total Price: $10 each shipped
Disc Condition: Cases look good, but have small round stickers on the top that will probably peel off easily. i will ask to look at discs if someone is interested.
Notes: I know newer versions of these are out, but i know these were really sought after for awhile, and figured i would give people heads up in case they are still in demand, as I was unsure.
Old 02-26-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hi. I've never requested anything from here before, but I was wondering what made the OOP versions different than the new versions, and -- more importantly -- what makes them sought after? I guess those 2 questions tie-in together. Basically, is there anything on there that you can't get in the new versions? Are these part of the Legacy series? (Ok, shutting up now... Englighten.)
Old 02-26-05, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Title: Brazil Criterion Collection (Sealed)
Total Price: $24.99 + $1.69 (NM Tax) + $2.50 Media Mail (and cover my paypal fees) (total: $29.18)
Availability: unclaimed
Disc Condition: DVD is sealed and looks like a huge misprice! There is another behind it but I am unable to view the sticker price.

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 02-27-05 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-27-05, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Hi. I've never requested anything from here before, but I was wondering what made the OOP versions different than the new versions, and -- more importantly -- what makes them sought after? I guess those 2 questions tie-in together. Basically, is there anything on there that you can't get in the new versions? Are these part of the Legacy series? (Ok, shutting up now... Englighten.)
Thats why I hesitated to list them. I dont know if the old ones had anything worth having, but i figured someone out there would.
Old 02-27-05, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Title: Brazil Criterion Collection (Sealed)
Total Price: $24.99 + $1.69 (NM Tax) + $2.50 Media Mail (and cover my paypal fees) (total: $29.18)
Disc Condition: DVD is sealed and looks like a huge misprice! There is another behind it but I am unable to view the sticker price.
I would like to claim this if it still available.
Old 02-28-05, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spotted!

Title: The Jerk
Total Price: $ 23.89 ($19.99 sticker price) + ($1.40 tax) + ($2.50 first class shipping & handling)
Disc Condition: New
Notes: This is an out of print title that is brand new. It's on the Specs store shelf in my neighborhood. I spotted it this past Friday. Most likely still there. I can stop by there before the end of the day today, if someone shows interest.
Old 03-01-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
Thats why I hesitated to list them. I dont know if the old ones had anything worth having, but i figured someone out there would.
Alright. Just wanted to get an idea on this.

I'm passing.

Sounds like a good find, though.
Old 03-04-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Loc Nar
FYI to those who support the Used DVD Treasure Hunt

Brent Lumkin is barred from further participation in the Used DVD Treasure Hunt for violating the rules regarding turning around a purchase for profit. He wasted no time in taking the Blues Brothers disc I just sold him for $11.99 and posting it for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

The winning bid, by the way, was $51 dollars.

Section I of the Buyers' Guide clearly states: "If we determine that a Buyer has purchased a Listing simply to turn around and try to scalp a profit off of it on Ebay or elsewhere, that person will be permanently listed on The Bench as an ineligible Buyer with the notation “(banned)” behind their name."

The reason behind this rule is clear. The Hunt is designed to put these rare, OOP discs in the hands of fellow DVD Talk members for their personal enjoyment and collections at great, non-price gouging prices. When people buy discs here to scalp, they are essentially robbing other DVD Talk members of the opportunity to add such discs to their collection at these great prices.

So, drjay, please add Brent Lumkin to the Bench as banned. Thank you.

I think he should pay you/finder the difference or be banned from the site all together.

Stew

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.