Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
Just a quick question about membership approval. If they have charged my account that means I am approved, is it possible for them to cancel my account even if I have been charged? Asking because I tried signing up before and was denied, but I was never charged then.
If it is a "real" charge on your credit card, you're in. Temp charges don't count.
Old 04-19-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Another high profile Paramount title is now available-Shutter Island.
Old 04-19-11, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lizard
If it is a "real" charge on your credit card, you're in. Temp charges don't count.
Real charge as in the $22.84 for the 8 movies then yes. A temp charge is usually like $1 to see if your card is good correct?
Old 04-19-11, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Another high profile Paramount title is now available-Shutter Island.

Another Paramount masterpiece.
Spoiler:
Old 04-19-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Real charge as in the $22.84 for the 8 movies then yes. A temp charge is usually like $1 to see if your card is good correct?
That depends on how your credit card account works. Mine will usually show a "temporary authorization" for a day or two before it becomes official. In the case of Columbia House those temp charges could be reversed if the account was not approved.

The system for new accounts is different from before. The business of seemingly approving the application as soon as it is submitted is very different from the "old days". Therefore, I'm not sure how new account applications are handled now. Perhaps those with recent accounts can weigh-in on this "new CH" application process. What I'd really like to know is how rejections are handled now: immediately or after some review?
Old 04-19-11, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

And if anyone has any tips on what's more likely to be successful, that would be a huge help (phone vs online, bill me v credit card, etc). I had CH down to a science and was going through 4 accounts a week with a 95% success rate, but that was 5 years ago.
Old 04-19-11, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
And if anyone has any tips on what's more likely to be successful, that would be a huge help (phone vs online, bill me v credit card, etc). I had CH down to a science and was going through 4 accounts a week with a 95% success rate, but that was 5 years ago.
online...you get approved right then.
Old 04-19-11, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Temp charges don't have to be for $1 or some small amount. I get "pending" charges for the full amount shortly after using the credit card. The way you will know you have been approved is when the charge is added to your completed transactions and is not listed as "pending" or temporary. If that's where you're at, you should be in good shape. If not, then your status is still up in the air.

I've had a pending charge for my enrollment titles on my card since yesterday. Thus far, I have no account number and my two orders (I placed the order for the first fulfillment title today) don't show up when I log in. I'm still in limbo.

As I stated previously, I was historically an account cycler who stopped applying to CH after several consecutive denials. My suspicion is that I'm about to be denied again.
Old 04-19-11, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone try and sign up for a 2nd account as of this morning by chance? Tried to and just wondering if it just did not take and I'll try again as I have not gotten an e-mail about it like I did my 1st account. thx
Old 04-19-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
I would avoid the phone, as the CSRs will ask for an enrollment code, and they've never even heard of the "7+2" deal. The best you can get on the phone is 3 for $1. Also online, you can select "Bill Me".

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
online...you get approved right then.
Not neccessarily. You only get a "Provisional" account # until you have been approved. It usually takes one business day.
Old 04-19-11, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Anyone try and sign up for a 2nd account as of this morning by chance? Tried to and just wondering if it just did not take and I'll try again as I have not gotten an e-mail about it like I did my 1st account. thx
Nevermind the e-mail. Can you sign in? If not, it's rejection city, baby.
Old 04-19-11, 02:39 PM

Just rejoined, as this is the first time I've done so since I was part of their TV club a few years back.

I got:

African Queen
Escape From LA
High Anxiety
History Of The World: Part 1
The Man With The Golden Gun
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Treasure Of The Sierra Madre
True Grit (original)

for $22.84 shipped.

Not bad considering that I'll just be paying roughly normal price for 2 more movies. Harry Potter SE's only about $1-2 more than getting it locally, for example.
Old 04-19-11, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
The only B2G1 Blu Ray sale that I remember last year was around the holidays (when there was sitewide free shipping as well). And yes, as part of that sale you could buy two blu rays and get one blu ray free. Aside from that I don't really remember any similar deals, although there may have been one earlier in the year that I missed.
They did this several times when I was a full member several years ago, which I think was about once every 4-6 months.
Old 04-19-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by teke184
They did this several times when I was a full member several years ago, which I think was about once every 4-6 months.
Yea, if you've been away for a while, the new CH is a distant cousin of the one from a few years ago. They used to have some outrageous codes that would net you mad amounts of titles for very low prices. The new site is much more tightly controlled, with good deals available, although with far more moderate terms/frequency.
Old 04-19-11, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Weird, I can't get the 7:2 link to work with Google Chrome... IE works OK though...
Old 04-19-11, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I must either be doing something wrong or perhaps they are swamped that as of right now I cannot get a 2nd account to work as I have not received an e-mail or log on with the username I tried to set it up with. I guess my only question is anyone else TODAY have this issue? And/or am I not understanding what to do? Other than the username obviously can EVERYTHING be the same to create the 2nd account?
Old 04-19-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally re-joined, for the first time in like two years. Now I can finally cancel my old account. I just didn't have a reason to cancel and rejoin until they added BD's as enrollments. I got:
Maltese Falcon (it shows as Out of Stock on my confirmation)
MacGruber
Dances with Wolves
Three Kings
An Education
The Resident
Charlie St. Cloud

Just curious, but did anyone choose the Bill Me option, and successfully get a new account with BD enrollments? I was tempted to choose Bill Me, but I didn't want to chance getting rejected on this order...
Old 04-19-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm just getting an offer to get 3/4/5 selections and buy 2 later...have they changed this recently? How y'all getting 7/8 now? :-)
Old 04-19-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
That depends on how your credit card account works. Mine will usually show a "temporary authorization" for a day or two before it becomes official. In the case of Columbia House those temp charges could be reversed if the account was not approved.

The system for new accounts is different from before. The business of seemingly approving the application as soon as it is submitted is very different from the "old days". Therefore, I'm not sure how new account applications are handled now. Perhaps those with recent accounts can weigh-in on this "new CH" application process. What I'd really like to know is how rejections are handled now: immediately or after some review?
Just checked and I know have an account number and it shows my orders as pending. Looks like I am good to go. Now going to test it and try for a 2nd account.
Old 04-19-11, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
I'm just getting an offer to get 3/4/5 selections and buy 2 later...have they changed this recently? How y'all getting 7/8 now? :-)
Are you using the link in post #10 on the 1st page. If you just go to their website it is a different offer.
Old 04-19-11, 09:16 PM

I attempted to sign up yesterday but after hearing nothing I tried again tonight and I'm not able to reach the credit card or bill me portion. Anyone having this problem? This is the message I received yesterday and tonight after clicking continue.

Thank You For Your Interest

Thank you for your membership application. Your enrollment package will be sent upon successful processing and verification of your requests. Should you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department.

Member Service Center
PO Box 6325
Camp Hill, PA 17012-6325
Old 04-19-11, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman
I attempted to sign up yesterday but after hearing nothing I tried again tonight and I'm not able to reach the credit card or bill me portion. Anyone having this problem? This is the message I got yesterday and tonight.

Thank You For Your Interest

Thank you for your membership application. Your enrollment package will be sent upon successful processing and verification of your requests. Should you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department.

Member Service Center
PO Box 6325
Camp Hill, PA 17012-6325
Forget that one, you'll never hear from them. You got rejected. Try again with a different e-mail.
Old 04-19-11, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Forget that one, you'll never hear from them. You got rejected. Try again with a different e-mail.
Got this as well and now even tried another e-mail and appears to be no dice? Gone is the ability for 2 accounts perhaps? Might be a little while before I can cancel the one that worked as all the 7 titles are backordered and only 2 so far are showing an expected date to be back in stock
Old 04-19-11, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Thanks. It was the physical address that I was using. For some reason it wouldn't accept it.
Old 04-19-11, 09:51 PM

Alright, placed my introductory order.

The Matrix Reloaded
Constantine
Hancock
I Am Legend
TMNT
Leon: The Professional
Beetlejuice

Now hope I can get in on the buy one Blu get two DVDs deal...we shall see

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.