DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Old 10-16-10, 10:45 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Johnny Zhivago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Korova Milkbar
Posts: 5,435
Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Dunno if anyone is interested...

But this is showing up at that price with the free shipping over $35 at the moment on my account.

YMMV I guess... and I would expect it to be back ordered. My last two pre-order BDs took about two weeks past street date to show up. So...
Johnny Zhivago is offline  
Old 10-17-10, 12:19 AM
  #2  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,104
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

How are you getting the free shpping offfer? Im not seeing it on mine.
g is offline  
Old 10-17-10, 11:30 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Johnny Zhivago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Korova Milkbar
Posts: 5,435
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Figures... I had free shipping on $35 for two weeks or so. And naturally, as soon as I post this thread, the offer expires.

I'm showing $2.99 shipping in the cart today... Which, isn't terrible, I guess.

Oh well...

Johnny Zhivago is offline  
Old 10-19-10, 10:30 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

My accounts are now showing free shipping on orders of $35 or higher. It doesn't say when it expires though.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 10-19-10, 11:53 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,472
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
My accounts are now showing free shipping on orders of $35 or higher. It doesn't say when it expires though.
I have the free shipping with $35 or higher but it isn't actually giving me free shipping when I add items to the cart.
jwstl is offline  
Old 10-22-10, 03:18 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Someone posted this free shipping code in the other thread. I have confirmed that it works with the Alien Anthology BD set...
20101022FSWT1D
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 10-25-10, 06:20 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

It's now $69.98 plus $2.99 shipping($72.97 shipped).
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 10-25-10, 07:11 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,893
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Great find!
PGHFlyer is offline  
Old 10-25-10, 07:27 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,933
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
It's now $69.98 plus $2.99 shipping($72.97 shipped).
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu.....I just ordered it over the weekend at $84.

I wonder if they can do a price adjustment since it hasn't shipped?
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 10-25-10, 07:57 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu.....I just ordered it over the weekend at $84.

I wonder if they can do a price adjustment since it hasn't shipped?
I have had success in getting CH to do an adjustment. Pick Shipping and Returns in the first drop down box. Then select Pre-orders and Upcoming Releases in the second drop down box. Tell them that you just ordered this for $84 and that it's now $73. Then ask them if they can credit you the $11 difference since this item hasn't even shipped yet. Throw in a generous helping of please and thank yous and you should be good to go.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 10-25-10, 09:20 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,933
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
I have had success in getting CH to do an adjustment. Pick Shipping and Returns in the first drop down box. Then select Pre-orders and Upcoming Releases in the second drop down box. Tell them that you just ordered this for $84 and that it's now $73. Then ask them if they can credit you the $11 difference since this item hasn't even shipped yet. Throw in a generous helping of please and thank yous and you should be good to go.
^ Done. Now, we shall see.
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 10-25-10, 09:46 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,893
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Took the tip and also got 11th hour (looks interesting and better than nothing, for sure!) for free shipping. So, got the set, 11th Hour DVD, plus 12 bonus points (almost enough for a cheap blu-ray) for $77 shipped (darned PA state sales tax!!).

Thanks for posting!!
PGHFlyer is offline  
Old 10-25-10, 09:58 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

those members who feel like it, and arent planning to get it through columbia house be sure to send the link to amazon via the price notification link on the alien legacy amazon item page, if enough people do then they might reduce the price as well.
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 10-26-10, 02:24 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,933
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

How sweet it is! Successfully canceled my entire order and placed a new one. Got the Anthology Blu-ray for $69.98 with free shipping.

Thanks for the tip!
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 10-27-10, 02:21 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
How sweet it is! Successfully canceled my entire order and placed a new one. Got the Anthology Blu-ray for $69.98 with free shipping.

Thanks for the tip!
how did you get the free shipping?
SoonerDoc is offline  
Old 10-27-10, 03:24 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,933
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc View Post
how did you get the free shipping?
That's the current deal....I believe it's any order over $35. I didn't even have to enter a code.
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 10-28-10, 12:14 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
That's the current deal....I believe it's any order over $35. I didn't even have to enter a code.
not working for me...oh well
SoonerDoc is offline  
Old 10-28-10, 01:10 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,933
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

You don't see the banner at the top of the home page?

I had a few $7.95 titles for my half.com store with Anthology. Maybe you need to have one or two of those in with your order for it to work. Play with it and see.
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 10-28-10, 10:59 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
You don't see the banner at the top of the home page?

I had a few $7.95 titles for my half.com store with Anthology. Maybe you need to have one or two of those in with your order for it to work. Play with it and see.
You'll receive free shipping on the entire order if you have a regular DVD included with AA. However, CH does charge $2.99 for shipping if you are only ordering AA.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 10-28-10, 04:07 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,933
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
You'll receive free shipping on the entire order if you have a regular DVD included with AA. However, CH does charge $2.99 for shipping if you are only ordering AA.
Ah...that 'splains it. So toss in one $7.95 DVD, and it's effectively $4.96.
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 10-28-10, 04:13 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,472
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
You'll receive free shipping on the entire order if you have a regular DVD included with AA. However, CH does charge $2.99 for shipping if you are only ordering AA.
That's why some of us added 11th Hour which is priced at 2.97. You save 2 cents and get 2 Bonus Points.
jwstl is offline  
Old 11-01-10, 10:59 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, USA
Posts: 545
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

It's not my cup of tea, but you can use 801490 to get it with two free DVDs for $76.95 shipped (+ tax if applicable).
CalebAndCo is offline  
Old 11-01-10, 11:06 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo View Post
It's not my cup of tea, but you can use 801490 to get it with two free DVDs for $76.95 shipped (+ tax if applicable).
It looks like you can no longer stack the free shipping on orders over $35. I was able to get this for $69.98 a couple of days ago when the two promotions were stackable.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 11-01-10, 11:45 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, USA
Posts: 545
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
It looks like you can no longer stack the free shipping on orders over $35. I was able to get this for $69.98 a couple of days ago when the two promotions were stackable.
That's why it's $77.

Glad you got in on it w/ FS.
CalebAndCo is offline  
Old 11-03-10, 08:00 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 12,404
Re: Alien Anthology BD... $83.97 shipped.

Got it tonight for 68.98 w/free shipping and 2 free DVDs (Predators and Robin Hood DC). Grand total: $68.98
Bill Needle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.