DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Old 02-19-14, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Where is the B2G1F offer?

Tried to do the BD for $5 but it says membership ID and zip do not match even though they do. I'm thinking b/c my order is still on hold?

How long does it take to ship? It also says I need 3 more instead of 2 more I gather that will change once they ship.

Click on Special Offers. You should see the B2G1F offer under Site-wide Discounts.

Usually an enrollment order ships out in a couple of days. Sometimes it won't ship for a week or two if one of your enrollment selections is OOS. Disney is a little slow to credit your account with a fulfillment title. Give it a few days and it should show that you have 2 more titles to fulfill.
Old 02-19-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 736 Likes on 363 Posts

Anyone else having problems logging into the site? I just tried to place a B2G1 order, and I managed to get Frozen and and Thor 2 into my cart as the paid items (so they would count as commitments) and another 24.95 blu as the free item. I hit sumbit, and it said we are unable to process your order at this time. Now when I'm trying to login, it says my account doesn't exist. I'm wondering if they're having website problems, or if somehow they're onto what people are doing and are killing accounts?
Old 02-19-14, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Where is the B2G1F offer?

Tried to do the BD for $5 but it says membership ID and zip do not match even though they do. I'm thinking b/c my order is still on hold?

How long does it take to ship? It also says I need 3 more instead of 2 more I gather that will change once they ship.
https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webap...&offerId=24324

Try using the link I posted. Not all accounts have the B2G1 promotion, especially if it is a new account. There should be a banner along the top of the page indicating the B2G1. Make sure you are signed in before opening that link or it might not show up.

But it will probably take a few days before you can get it to show on your account. I know I tried the first couple of days after I opened my account and it would not work.

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Anyone else having problems logging into the site? I just tried to place a B2G1 order, and I managed to get Frozen and and Thor 2 into my cart as the paid items (so they would count as commitments) and another 24.95 blu as the free item. I hit sumbit, and it said we are unable to process your order at this time. Now when I'm trying to login, it says my account doesn't exist. I'm wondering if they're having website problems, or if somehow they're onto what people are doing and are killing accounts?
I can login now. It's seems a little slow getting in, unless it's my computer, but I am getting in.
Old 02-19-14, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can order the upgrade to blu-ray title even if your membership is already blu?
My enrollment order has shipped and my two pre-orders are processing but I can't find any record of the $5 Blu-ray upgrade order...I am confused. On top of that, It is still giving me the link to upgrade to Blu-ray but now it is giving me an error message when I try to place the order again...this is starting to remind me of Columbia House!

I guess I'll get the wife to give DMC a call...

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Click on Special Offers. You should see the B2G1F offer under Site-wide Discounts.
It is not there for me...I wonder if I can cancel my two preorders and hope that it shows up???
Old 02-19-14, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by GTlarry59
It is not there for me...I wonder if I can cancel my two preorders and hope that it shows up???
Try this link: https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webap...&offerId=24324

Should change your banner offer to the B2G1.
Old 02-19-14, 02:29 PM

I'm wondering if they're having website problems...
I think they are...

Try this link: https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webap...&offerId=24324

Should change your banner offer to the B2G1.
Thanks! I will give it a shot...
Old 02-19-14, 02:38 PM

I think they are...
I called customer service a bit ago. I still can't login to the website for some reason, but she confimed that they have my order, and she will pass my login issue to their IT team, but it seems I should be good.
Old 02-21-14, 06:29 PM

I am not getting off to a good start with DMC. I had my wife call DMC today and ask about the order for the $5 upgrade to blu title and were told our account is already "upgraded" to blu-ray so our order was a mistake...fine.

Next topic was why we don't have the B2G1 banner like other members here have and was told "our" offer is B1 get 50% off additional titles...fine.

I have changed my OP to reflect these changes...still a very good deal.
Old 02-21-14, 07:11 PM

Next topic was why we don't have the B2G1 banner like other members here have and was told "our" offer is B1 get 50% off additional titles...fine.
Did the link I gave you not work for changing your deal to the B2G1? Because I had the same deal as you, but that link changed it for me.
Old 02-21-14, 07:53 PM

Nope...

I was able to get the banner for B2G1 but when I put three titles in the cart it wouldn't give me one free.
Old 02-21-14, 08:02 PM

Nope...

I was able to get the banner for B2G1 but when I put three titles in the cart it wouldn't give me one free.
If one of them was Frozen, you may have to do some adding and removing of titles from your cart before it will work. I found this advice at blu-ray.com

I was able to get the B2G1 to work with Frozen, though after adding/removing movies. I added Thor: Dark World, Frozen, and the Muppet 2 pack, and the cart showed 74.85, though the picture for Frozen wasn't showing in the cart. I added another copy of Frozen, and this one, the picture for it did show in the cart, and the total went to 99.80. Removed the first copy of Frozen with no picture showing, and the total dropped to 49.90 (as it should). I then had to add another copy of the Muppet 2 pack and remove the first one, so that it was shown as the free item, so that Thor: Dark World and Frozen would count as commitments.
The bolded part is important because even though it correctly shows as a B2G1 before this, it shows one of the pre-orders as free. And if you pay 24.95 for a title that is not a pre-order, it won't count as a commitment.
Old 02-21-14, 08:06 PM

Okay...I just tried again and now your link works! I tried a couple of days ago and it wouldn't do it for me or I'm an idiot and wasn't doing it right. I take it that you have to call DMC to cancel a preorder?
Old 02-21-14, 08:09 PM

The bolded part is important because even though it correctly shows as a B2G1 before this, it shows one of the pre-orders as free. And if you pay 24.95 for a title that is not a pre-order, it won't count as a commitment.
That was my problem!
Old 02-21-14, 08:48 PM

I take it that you have to call DMC to cancel a preorder?
Yup, unfortunately. Also, if one of your pre-orders was Thor, it may have already shipped. Mine just did.
Old 02-22-14, 10:04 AM

^^

Thanks Obi-Wan!!
Old 03-03-14, 04:04 PM

Any tips for re-enrollment so I don't get rejected? I've purchased 4 on my current account and would like to cancel/sign up again. The new enrollment has plenty that we need...

Would I bet able to use the same credit card and shipping address?
Old 03-03-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I always use the same credit card and shipping address. The only thing that I switch up is the e-mail address.
Old 03-03-14, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tivaclare
Any tips for re-enrollment so I don't get rejected? I've purchased 4 on my current account and would like to cancel/sign up again. The new enrollment has plenty that we need...

Would I bet able to use the same credit card and shipping address?
Make sure you're using the best code found in this thread. You should only need to buy 3 total, and the 6th title from your enrollment package counts as one of them.
Old 03-03-14, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

10042B is currently the best enrollment code.
Old 03-03-14, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

I always use the same credit card and shipping address. The only thing that I switch up is the e-mail address.
Do you re-enroll online or with a phone rep? Do you give it any amount of wait period? Eager to get started again, ha ha.
Old 03-03-14, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I enroll over the phone since you can sometimes get titles that aren't available on the site. I usually wait a few days to a week to enroll after canceling my previous membership.
Old 03-04-14, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I use the same email address, I just wait until I can't login with that email address anymore.
Old 03-04-14, 10:42 AM

Last time I re-enrolled, I did it later the same day that I cancelled the membership. I called and cancelled in the morning and signed up again on the website later that day. I did use a different email address, but everything else was the same.
Old 03-04-14, 09:40 PM

I would like to join but I have a question.

Do their blu-ray &dvd combo packs come with blu-ray packaging?
Old 03-04-14, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ninebre
I would like to join but I have a question.

Do their blu-ray &dvd combo packs come with blu-ray packaging?

They are available in both Blu-ray and DVD packaging. If you want the Blu-ray packaging, make sure that you pick the selection that says Blu-ray + DVD, not DVD + Blu-ray.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.