Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by megashopper
I was wondering the same thing. Is there a way to figure out if Mulan will count as a fulfillment at $24.95?
If you phone in your order you can request that they make it count for fulfillment, probably at the $29.95 price since it is no longer a preorder (and never was $24.95 as a preorder).

I suggest calling during the day M-F to get an American "cast member", as opposed to one in India. (I found the latter to be less well informed.) When trying to get a human on the Disney phone line choose the "place an order" option, regardless of the question you have.
Old 03-31-13, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
How often do you wait between each time signing up ?
I've only done it twice. I canceled on a Monday and I called the very next day after the new releases were officially released to sign up again. So, around 24 hours. In theory you could cancel and sign up again the same day. The only thing I did differently is when I gave my email for the new account I just put a period after the first letter since it registers as a new email address in their system, but all emails will be sent to the address without the period. It is essentially the same email address other than in their system.
Old 03-31-13, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Do you have a gmail account? That's a feature of gmail (allowing a period in your email address) but not necessarily other email systems.
Old 04-01-13, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard
If you phone in your order you can request that they make it count for fulfillment, probably at the $29.95 price since it is no longer a preorder (and never was $24.95 as a preorder).

I suggest calling during the day M-F to get an American "cast member", as opposed to one in India. (I found the latter to be less well informed.) When trying to get a human on the Disney phone line choose the "place an order" option, regardless of the question you have.
I called this morning and the lady checked and said that it would count as fulfillment at the 24.95 price. Thanks!
Old 04-01-13, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 805 Likes on 385 Posts

I called this morning and the lady checked and said that it would count as fulfillment at the 24.95 price. Thanks!
Also, because the 24.95 is non-discountable, right now you can order it with another title, and neither title will be discounted, so you can get two fulfillment titles with free shipping (for buying 2 or more titles).
Old 04-01-13, 11:15 PM

Did you order it? Someone mentioned that it's the next featured title starting tomorrow, which means you'll get a 3D card too, if you're into those. But if you already ordered it, you probably won't get it unless you call again. Even then, they may not give it to you.
Old 04-02-13, 06:41 AM

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Of course I just ordered Mulan with Frankenweenie for my fulfillments like two weeks ago
Old 04-02-13, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
Did you order it? Someone mentioned that it's the next featured title starting tomorrow, which means you'll get a 3D card too, if you're into those. But if you already ordered it, you probably won't get it unless you call again. Even then, they may not give it to you.
It's the featured title now. I'm glad I ordered it yesterday, because this month's offer doesn't include free shipping, and if it's a choice between fulfilling with free shipping and getting a 3D card, I'll take the free shipping every time.
Old 04-02-13, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
Yes, I ordered yesterday. I'm ok with not getting the 3D card.
Old 04-08-13, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally signed up for this. Just did it online, since there were plenty of titles I needed that were on the web site, and didn't care about trying to get 3D versions. Pretty happy catching up on a huge amount of titles that I never got around to getting at a great price. Waiting for my order now.
Old 04-10-13, 03:21 AM

Is Dick Tracy available thru DMC? If so, what is the catalog number?
Old 04-10-13, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by ijmsport
is dick tracy available thru dmc? If so, what is the catalog number?
Old 04-10-13, 10:35 AM

Cool.. Thanx.
Old 04-10-13, 04:57 PM
Cool New Member

I just ordered Mulan on blu-ray over the phone for 24.95, just to make sure it counted towards my fullfilment, and the man on the phone said that it did. So this will complete my fullfilment. YAY!

Now for the next order!
Old 04-10-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 602 Likes on 371 Posts

Just joined and got Wall-E, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Alice In Wonderland (animated) and The Avengers. Great deal but there is so much on there that I want that I am kind scared.
Old 04-12-13, 06:45 PM

Just signed up. Great deal! I'll be getting the new Winnie the Pooh and probably Dumbo to fulfill my obligation. One question though, if I call them will I be able to set my account to absolutely no automatic shipments? That is the one thing I hate about clubs!

Toy Story Special Edition Blu-ray DVD Combo Pack
Blu-ray
$8.95
Toy Story 2 Special Edition Blu-ray DVD Combo Pack
Blu-ray
$11.95
Toy Story 3 Blu-ray DVD Combo Pack
Blu-ray
$0.20
Up Blu-ray DVD Combo Pack
Blu-ray
$0.20
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Collector's Edition - Blu-Ray(TM)
Blu-ray
$0.20
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind Blu-ray(TM)
Blu-ray
$0.20
Finding Nemo Collector's Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray DVD Combo Pack
Blu-ray
$0.20
*Subtotal
$21.90
Shipping & Processing
$0.00
*Total
$21.90
Old 04-12-13, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Mulan BD as my featured Title for $24.95 at that price does it count as a fulfillment?
Old 04-12-13, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C.
I have Mulan BD as my featured Title for $24.95 at that price does it count as a fulfillment?
Yes.
Old 04-12-13, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Yes.
I thank you sir.
Old 04-14-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Got my initial order in yesterday. Got Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Pocahontas, Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides, Finding Nemo, Incredibles, and Alice in Wonderland. Ordering Cinderella, and only because its going in the vault at the end of the month, Lady and the Tramp.

Looking forward to another order shortly after cancelling too. This is going to make it really addicting to try and pick up all the Disney animated movies.
Old 04-27-13, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
I know you're right. Good deals rarely last forever, and I've missed many good things because I put them on my to-do list while taking care of more pressing issues. I still haven't done DVD2BLU since their last update and I know there's at least $35 worth of stuff I want there. I only got 7 U&S BDs at BB because I haven't had time to figure out what else I want. I spent 15 minutes browsing BB's $9.99 BDs and only came up with a few titles. Most of what I buy come from other people's posts. Anyway, doing the DMC enrollment is high on my to-do list, so I hope to get to it by the end of May (because I have 2 weeks of vacation then) and hope it lasts a bit longer.

So, if I call up DMC to try to get some 3D BDs or ones not available on the web page, and they say no do I just say "OK, never mind, I won't enroll then" and try again on another day... or do they keep records which will tell the next rep to deny those titles as well? I know my first step is to cancel my existing account, but IIRC from previous older conversations (perhaps with you) I think you can cancel and then enroll the next day, right?

Sorry to put this in the Amazon thread but we're almost done, and there's really very little happening at Amazon most of the time.
I really don't know. They knew I had tried to do 2 in one day (the record was still there), but when I got denied the one time, I explicitly told them to delete my account. They actually get all your info and CC info before you give them any titles. The next time I was successful with 3 3D titles and 2 recently released titles: Hunchback and Mulan. I just received the package -- the slips were damaged to some extent, which I didn't like, because the only slips I collect are Disney, but the price is right!

Some on blu-ray.com have called back. Others have extras they they can give the CSR if they get denied. But I'm getting to the point the only ones I need are the ones not on the official enrollment. Since you've never done it before, you may have problems because the code is for re-enrollment, but play dumb and good luck.

You can re-enroll, but I don't know if I'd do it the same day. I usually wait a week or more (I get busy too!). If you have a DVD account, you need not cancel that. I've had a DVD account for 3 or 4 years, all the while cycling through multiple BD accounts.
Old 04-29-13, 10:23 AM

Just re-enrolled after being out for a number of years. Great enrollment package on first try thanks to this thread:

Bolt 4-Disc Combo (BD3D, BD, DVD, DC) $31.95
Meet the Robinsons 3-Disc Combo (BD3D, BD, DVD) $39.95
Monsters, Inc. 3D $39.95
The Incredibles 4-Disc Combo (2 BD,DVD,DC) $34.95
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas 4-Disc Combo (BD3D, BD,DVD, DC) $39.95
Up 5-Disc Combo (BD3D, BD, DVD, DC) $39.95
Wreck-It Ralph 4-Disc Combo (BD3D, BD, DVD, DC) $39.95
Old 04-29-13, 07:27 PM

Been meaning to sign up but can't make it happen until payday (May 9 at the earliest). I need to pick up the Lion King movies and know they are going back into the vault as of 4/30. Does anyone know if the blu ray club will have them for a few more weeks? I'm sure I could go snag them retail, but I'm really not looking to pay retail prices...

Does the club carries the box set of all 3? If so, anyone know the price?
Old 04-29-13, 08:46 PM

DMC will pull them day and date, guaranteed. You might still be able to find them at other retailers, but once the regular stock is gone, resellsers will begin marking up the price. Right now the box set is in the club for 55.97, but you can't get that as an enrollment, and you probably wouldn't have time to enroll, and then place a regular order (it would be kind of a crappy regular order too, as it would only count as 1 commitment title).
Old 05-02-13, 01:48 AM

Didn't know DMC offers a movie for $5 when you upgrade to blu ray as your preferred format...
gonna get WIR. Glad I didn't get it with my enrollment titles.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.