Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-12, 07:21 PM
Hex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Looks like they removed a handful of enrollment titles as well. I noticed that Castle in the Sky and Whisper of the Heart are now DVD only for enrollment, whereas the Blu-rays were also available previously. (Nausicaa still has both available, however.)
Old 12-15-12, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

If anyone else like me was waitng for the Tigger Movie, Pocahontas 2 Pack, Rescuers 2-Pack, and Aristocats to become enrollments since Disney made the ridiculous decision to release them all on the same date, they're all available now. Time to cycle.
Old 12-16-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great Mouse Detective, too. Wasn't showing up in their general blu-ray section, but showed up when I searched. I just opened a new account with most of these titles in the last 4-5 days.
Old 01-24-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a link to a great post explaining the deal. Inside this is another link to a spreadsheet that has the BDs with enrollment numbers.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1026

FYI, I got Bolt 3D and Pirates 4 3D as enrollments through a phone enrollment. Others are reporting Brave 3D and Up 3D Definitely YMMV.
Old 01-25-13, 03:51 PM

Whisper of the Heart is back on Blu currently. Also Pixar Vol. 2 shorts
Old 01-28-13, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

So Disney charged me for the Cinderella 2/3 and Secret Of The Wings monthly selection which I had declined, when I saw the charge I called them and told them to take it off and cancel the order. They did no problem, until today when the titles showed up. I haven't been charged again for them. Did I just get them for free or am I going to get charged again?
Old 01-29-13, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just signed up for the first time, did it over the phone, and they processed my order and charged me the correct $21 and I have now logged into the site seeing the order listed and everything. If it ships and I actually receive what is listed here, how do you think I did?

Here are my initial selections...

-Brave 3D
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
-The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D
-The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition
-The Secret World of Arrietty
-UP 3D
-Whisper of the Heart

I tried placing an order like this on the phone two different times last night, and while it seemed like they were going to process it for me each time, in the end right before the end they would give me the spiel about how 3D titles and things like that weren't allowed, and I would just tell them no thank you and that I'd have to call back later. Today I called one single time while here at work, and it worked out just fine.
Old 01-29-13, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I have reading over at BD.com about ppl having success in getting the 3D titles as part of their enrollment. I have been thinking about signing up again myself. Most of the titles I want I can order online, but there are a couple that are either dvd only online or not available online yet.

Would love to get in on the 3D enrollments, but I think I own everything currently available.
Old 01-30-13, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Woohoo! My order just switched over from "On Hold" to "Processing" and I just got the "Welcome To Disney Movie Club!" email as well, and it has all of my titles listed as I ordered them, including my 3D selections!
Old 01-31-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Woohoo! I signed up for the above on the 29th, and I just got the notification that it has all shipped out for me.
Old 02-05-13, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The above has shipped, and I'll complete the membership terms getting 9 Blus for around $85 or so, and then do the membership a few more times to get everything else I want that I've missed out on.[/QUOTE]

My order showed up today!

In addition to the BDs, I got 8 DMR codes - one in each of the seven BDs of course, and then one tossed in with the other paperwork. I have no clue if that is normal or not. It also came with a cool Fantasia 3D lenticular card. I also bought Peter Pan at Walmart today for $11 with the figure, and got yet another DMR code in that.
Old 02-10-13, 08:49 PM
Cool New Member

Are the 3d titles no longer available? I can't seem to find them on the site.
Old 02-10-13, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by cannibalchris
Are the 3d titles no longer available? I can't seem to find them on the site.
As enrollments? They have never been available as enrollments on the site. Only way to get them is to call and open your membership that way. And even then you might get shot down.
Old 02-26-13, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just to followup on my experience, if any of you are interested...

I completed my first membership today. My average price per BD was higher than what it could have been, but only because I decided to buy 3D titles as my commitments. In the end, I got the following for a total of $91.24, or an average of $10.14 a BD...

-Brave 3D
-Monsters Inc. 3D
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
-The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D
-The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition
-The Secret World of Arrietty
-UP 3D
-Whisper of the Heart
-Wreck-It-Ralph 3D

In addition to the above, I also got this exclusive Dumbo plush for free for ordering two combo packs at the same time (MI3D and WIR3D, my commitment titles)...

So in the end I got five Disney 3DBD titles, three Studio Ghibli BDs, another Disney BD combo pack that goes for up to $30 on Amazon depending on the day, and the Dumbo plush for $91.24. Heck, if you count the plush in the average it ended up being $9.12 an item.

You can't beat that anywhere! I'll be canceling my membership once WIR shows up in the mail later this week, then signing up once again for another round.
Old 02-26-13, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hell of a deal there with all those 3D titles considering the premium they charge at retail. I know it is extremely ymmv, but you got a steal getting those included in the first seven.

I re-signed up again last night. I put in an order for the following...

Aristocats
Pixar Short Films vol. 1
Pixar Short Films vol. 2
Treasure Planet
Pocahontas
Cinderella 2 & 3
Great Mouse Detective

Then ordered Monsters Inc 3D as my first selection.

I'll probably get the Studio Ghibli BDs with the next sign up. Forgot about the free Dumbo plush. I was contemplating adding Wreck It Ralph 3D as the other commitment but was holding off to see if BBY had any exclusives. have yet to see next weeks ad, but once I do I may call back and either add on WIR 3D or cancel MI3D and reorder both to try for the free plush. Not that big of a deal, but free is free and I plan on getting both of these 3D titles anyway.

I did not try to get in on any of the 3D titles in my first seven as I believe I own everything Disney 3D except Chicken Little. Not a lot of interest in that one so I did not try it.
Old 02-27-13, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I started a new membership several weeks ago with the idea of picking up a couple of preorder copies of Mulan as my commitments. No dice, they don't have it available in the club at all even though the release date is March 12th.

I suppose it will eventually become a "featured selection" at a much higher price. But last Fall every new release was available for pre-order for $24.95. Go figure.
Old 03-03-13, 07:28 PM

Mulan is a second tier title, which is why it gets pushed out the door with Hunchback and Brother Bear. Last year when they released Aristocats, Rescuers, Pocohontas, etc. all on the same date, none of them were even in the club until months after they had been released.
Old 03-03-13, 07:30 PM

Has anyone cycled an account recently? I cancelled a week ago Friday (2/22), and as of today, I can still log into the site (so presumably I can't start a new membership). Last time I cancelled, my account was gone the next day.
Old 03-03-13, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
I started a new membership several weeks ago with the idea of picking up a couple of preorder copies of Mulan as my commitments. No dice, they don't have it available in the club at all even though the release date is March 12th.

I suppose it will eventually become a "featured selection" at a much higher price. But last Fall every new release was available for pre-order for $24.95. Go figure.
Someone posted elsewhere the code for Mulan(1111410) in case someone wanted to order it by phone. They were told by the rep. that the price was 29.95.

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Has anyone cycled an account recently? I cancelled a week ago Friday (2/22), and as of today, I can still log into the site (so presumably I can't start a new membership). Last time I cancelled, my account was gone the next day.
I canceled my account a couple of months ago and last time I checked(about a week ago), I could still log in. So when I re-signed up last week I just used a different email address. They seem to be a little slow on closing down accounts here lately as I have seen others have the same issue.

I signed back up on Monday and got a shipping notice for both orders(sign-up titles & a separate commitment title) on Thursday.
Old 03-03-13, 11:36 PM

Mulan is a second tier title, which is why it gets pushed out the door with Hunchback and Brother Bear. Last year when they released Aristocats, Rescuers, Pocohontas, etc. all on the same date, none of them were even in the club until months after they had been released.
Pocohontas was released two months early through the club and Aristocats and Rescuers were the featured title double feature that month. I think the only movie from that bunch that wasn't in the club right away was the Tigger Movie.
Old 03-03-13, 11:38 PM

They've been leaving accounts open for a while recently. They seem to go through cycles where they shut down every canceled account. I have one I canceled back in December that I can still log into.
Old 03-04-13, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
Pocohontas was released two months early through the club and Aristocats and Rescuers were the featured title double feature that month. I think the only movie from that bunch that wasn't in the club right away was the Tigger Movie.
Ok, so I was mistaken, but Were any of them offered at 24.95? I don't think they were. In my experience, only new from theaters releases and the teir 1 "From the Vault" titles get the 24.95 pre-order treatment.
Old 03-04-13, 04:18 PM

Ok, so I was mistaken, but Were any of them offered at 24.95? I don't think they were. In my experience, only new from theaters releases and the teir 1 "From the Vault" titles get the 24.95 pre-order treatment.
Pocahontas was. Rescuers and Aristocats was a double feature, both for $39.95, but I think they were $29.95 each. So I would probably agree that their bigger titles tend to get the discount. Of course, Wreck-It Ralph only got discounted for the 3D version, which is kind of odd.
Old 03-05-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In theory, if you get the right CSR and if you have the item numbers, is is possible to get anything as an enrollment unless it's something blatant like a huge box set (including this latest batch of new releases), correct?
Old 03-05-13, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
In theory, if you get the right CSR and if you have the item numbers, is is possible to get anything as an enrollment unless it's something blatant like a huge box set (including this latest batch of new releases), correct?
Yes. I feel you have the right to ask for anything as long as you understand they have the right to refuse. Have a long list ready in case they deny you anything.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.