DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

All of my orders have finally shipped!
Old 02-02-14, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

10% off of your entire order showed up on my account this morning. Free shipping is still working as is the $19.99 box set sale and 40% off of DVDs. Might be time to use my last memberschoice50 coupon.
Old 02-02-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
10% off of your entire order showed up on my account this morning. Free shipping is still working as is the $19.99 box set sale and 40% off of DVDs. Might be time to use my last memberschoice50 coupon.
Got the e-mail about this promotion -- based on the groundhog. 10% if he saw his shadow, 20% if he didn't. Stupid Phil.

Since the subject of the e-mail was Groundhog Day sale, it seems likely the 10% off is good only today.
Old 02-02-14, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Got the e-mail about this promotion -- based on the groundhog. 10% if he saw his shadow, 20% if he didn't. Stupid Phil.

Since the subject of the e-mail was Groundhog Day sale, it seems likely the 10% off is good only today.
I think I would've been pissed if the discount was 20%. That would have been TWICE I missed the better discount. I have one more account I could apply the MEMBERSHIP50 coupon on, but I just can't ... I can't.
Old 02-02-14, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm trying to resist, but there's a good chance I may place a small ( ) order tonight. There were a few cheap titles I had considered and still had in my cart. One was The Ides of March. With PSH's passing today, I feel more inclined to pull the trigger.

It sounds strange, but I'm almost a little nervous about using my last account with the 50% off code, thinking something potentially better could come along. As it is, waiting until today did save a little bit should I go ahead with another order.
Old 02-02-14, 06:20 PM

I'm trying to resist, but there's a good chance I may place a small ( ) order tonight. There were a few cheap titles I had considered and still had in my cart. One was The Ides of March. With PSH's passing today, I feel more inclined to pull the trigger.

It sounds strange, but I'm almost a little nervous about using my last account with the 50% off code, thinking something potentially better could come along. As it is, waiting until today did save a little bit should I go ahead with another order.
Always a risk, but I decided not to order for 3 reasons:
1) 2 orders totaling ALOT (plus several FOX orders)
2) Not enough to really warrant it at this point. I bought most of what I wanted in the 1st 2 orders and though I could place an order I don't want to:
3) Use the code in case something better comes along.

Anyone know how long that MS50 Code will last? I'm assuming it will get pulled sometime soon, but probably not for at least a few weeks since they are still giving it out (as per an earlier post).
Old 02-03-14, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, looks like it's back up. Just checked my accounts and there's been progress on the 2 large orders I made earlier in the week. 14 of 20 items have shipped in 1 order and 16 of 18 in the other one. Pretty good considering several of the unshipped items are pre-orders.
Now you passed me. Still only 6 of my 20 items have shipped. I ordered another 6-7 items last week, and those have all shipped. Those didn't have the bonus 15% or 10%. I didn't order anything yesterday. I almost did, but didn't.

EDIT:
I stand corrected. I came home to find 3 huge boxes, one medium box, and one single title box, which included 3 Complete Dexter sets, plus 6 other titles, bringing me to 15 of 20 received (the other 5 are pre-orders), plus my entire small order from last week, and my Cloudy Meatballs 2 3D from the $20.14 coupon... The titles I received today from the big order do not show as shipped online...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-03-14 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received my orders (those that had been marked on the site as shipped) today spread out over 4 boxes. Happy with things for the most part. The exception being that I had ordered Chloe on BD and instead received the Steven Seagal film, Kill Switch. If they were going to make a mistake like that, I wish they had made one in my favor.

I'm sure it will be no problem contacting CH and getting them to straighten that out. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll send me an additional 50% off code for my trouble.
Old 02-03-14, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Maybe they'll make you keep Kill Switch, and force you to watch it!
Old 02-05-14, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I continue to be dumbfounded in the ways of CH.

Regarding the $20.14 coupon orders, I had received 4 of the 6 orders. Who knows whether I'll get the other 2 that show "pending" - in fact, to show you how much confidence I have in them actually going through, I ordered the same title as part of the memberschoice50 order and received it, which confirms it's in stock. 3 of the orders received from the coupon were made via Paypal. Those payments were "pending" since 1/4 and now have vanished since I believe the authorization was only good for a month. Unless something changes, I may have gotten those for free.

CH must be having problems with Paypal orders, because on one of my 2 large memberschoice orders, I used it. I have a pending payment on Paypal on 1/27 (expiration date 2/26), but my credit card on file was charged for the items I've received so far. It's not a huge deal for me, though I'll have to keep a close eye on things, especially to make sure the current Paypal authorization falls off at the end of the month. Just odd that I'd pay with Paypal, then CH decides to charge my CC instead without notification.
Old 02-05-14, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just discovered that one of my $20.14 coupon orders was CANCELED! It was still active a few days ago. This order was for Fast & Furious 6. I contact them last week to ask why it hadn't shipped yet, and they said there were shipping delays which they hoped to sort out soon. ARGH! Now I contacted them again, to see if they can reinstate the order... But I suspect they won't... I still have ONE remaining $20.14 coupon order left, for Riddick. When I contacted them previously, they said it comes out 2/10. I hope they stick to that date...
Old 02-05-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Funny that we were both posting $20.14 coupon order updates at the exact same time, after more than 2 days of no posts in here...
Old 02-05-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
^ Funny that we were both posting $20.14 coupon order updates at the exact same time, after more than 2 days of no posts in here...
Yep. CH is a mess. As frustrating as it can be in dealing with them, I'm still coming out way ahead so far. I also have another small pending charge from them on my credit card. I'm thinking that means another part of my 2 orders is on the way.

No response from them yet on the e-mail I sent about receiving Kill Switch. I plan on staying after them about that. I refuse to pay anything for that one.
Old 02-05-14, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I continue to be dumbfounded in the ways of CH.

Regarding the $20.14 coupon orders, I had received 4 of the 6 orders. Who knows whether I'll get the other 2 that show "pending" - in fact, to show you how much confidence I have in them actually going through, I ordered the same title as part of the memberschoice50 order and received it, which confirms it's in stock. 3 of the orders received from the coupon were made via Paypal. Those payments were "pending" since 1/4 and now have vanished since I believe the authorization was only good for a month. Unless something changes, I may have gotten those for free.

CH must be having problems with Paypal orders, because on one of my 2 large memberschoice orders, I used it. I have a pending payment on Paypal on 1/27 (expiration date 2/26), but my credit card on file was charged for the items I've received so far. It's not a huge deal for me, though I'll have to keep a close eye on things, especially to make sure the current Paypal authorization falls off at the end of the month. Just odd that I'd pay with Paypal, then CH decides to charge my CC instead without notification.
I never paid attention to my Paypal account. But after you said this, I checked. For my $3.82 order, for Riddick, which I have yet to receive, the Paypal payment was completed. However, I had a $12.82 order, which I received, but the payment expired. I guess I'll have to check my linked credit card to see if they charged it.

On my other Paypal account, I had two $3.82 charges, but one expired. That's where Fast & Furious 6 was canceled. Perhaps that's why they canceled it?
Old 02-05-14, 05:17 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted them about 2 of my pending/processing for over a month $20.14 off orders,and this is the reply....
Thank you for contacting us.

We have received your recent correspondence but are unable to determine what action you want us to take. Please restate your inquiry and respond with the titles of the selections in question, payment details, or any other information that will assist us in responding to your concern.

Sincerely,

Carolina Baviera

Customer Service

What action you want us to take?!
Ship the damn things!
Old 02-05-14, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kkingccrimson

We have received your recent correspondence but are unable to determine what action you want us to take. Please restate your inquiry and respond with the titles of the selections in question, payment details, or any other information that will assist us in responding to your concern.

What action you want us to take?!
Ship the damn things!

Unfortunately, you're talking to a
Old 02-05-14, 07:39 PM
Cool New Member

I also had to contact QPB and SFBC for the same reason.SFBC are supposedly going to ship my order...
QPB sent this reply;

At this time, we are experiencing a slight delay in the shipment of orders. This is a temporary situation, and will be resolved shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Sincerely,
Daniel
Customer Service

On the bright side,CH did surprise me today when i found a box full of Doctor Who DVDs i ordered using the memberschoice50 + 15% off(or whatever it was)waiting for me.Site says it is still processing...
Also,the site shows that the order total is $90.47,yet the bill I received shows the total as $83.97,so I saved even more than I thought.
It's Ok,CH..i still love you.
Old 02-05-14, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kkingccrimson
I also had to contact QPB and SFBC for the same reason.SFBC are supposedly going to ship my order...
QPB sent this reply;

At this time, we are experiencing a slight delay in the shipment of orders. This is a temporary situation, and will be resolved shortly.
Look familiar?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11996412-post2289.html
Old 02-05-14, 09:51 PM
Cool New Member

I'm still optimistic that i will get the rest of my orders..eventually.
But c'mon CH....you want me to tell you the titles and selection numbers of the items i ordered?How lazy/dumb are they?
Old 02-06-14, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Look familiar?
Yes it does...I have received the same e-mail on three orders.

My last order on 1/6/14 finally shipped and according to the tracking information the item is already in Cincinnati but it will take another 4 days to complete the last nine miles of the journey.
Old 02-06-14, 08:05 AM

I continue to be dumbfounded in the ways of CH.... - in fact, to show you how much confidence I have in them actually going through, I ordered the same title as part of the memberschoice50 order and received it, which confirms it's in stock.
WOW...

I have asked CH in several e-mails why won't they include a stock status or expected ship date information on the title page of the disc...no answer.
Old 02-06-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is currently a $10 off of $50 and $25 off of $100 promotion. However, you cannot stack the memberschoice50 coupon. If your order is over $50, you'll receive the $10 off discount. If you then enter the 50% off code, it comes up as not valid. The 50% off code still works on orders less than $50.
Old 02-06-14, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ That sucks. I guess I won't be using the 50% coupon on my last account until that promo is over...
Old 02-06-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

2 more small charges pending on my credit card this morning. Hopefully should lead to more packages in the mailbox soon.
Old 02-06-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now my Riddick order (with the $20.14 coupon) has been canceled. Those bastards!!! First FF6, now this. What do they have against Vin Diesel?
Also, I noticed that all 3 of my accounts have a balance!

#1:
Shows a balance of $3.82. This account had 2 orders in that amount, both initially paid through Paypal, but one was canceled. But here's the funny part. The order I received had the Paypal payment expire, so the $3.82 balance is legit. However, the order which was canceled was SUCCESSFULLY paid through Paypal, so should not have been canceled. Or at least I should get a refund. Thus, my account balance should be zero.
#2:
Shows a balance of $10.42. My credit card was charged $10.42. I had no other orders with this amount, so the balance should be zero.
#3:
Placed my huge $626 order under this account. Account shows a balance of $78.73. Only 6 items show as shipped, and if I compute everything and add the FULL $12.94 shipping, it comes to $78.65. So that might be it. However, I received 9 more titles since then, and should have been charged $400 or so, but have only been charged $65.91 on my c/c (I used a different c/c from the above accounts). They may charge me later. I don't know. Maybe they'll ship me everything again, since they don't show as shipped! With CH, you just don't know!

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-06-14 at 02:15 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.