Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Columbia House and FunCash?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 01-22-09, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I joined Columbia House and bought two shows for $19.95 and with a contract to buy 5 more movies by 2011. I just ordered a blu-ray movie....
Austin Powers Set on blu-ray. That added up as 2 movies for my commitment and I gained $2 funcash. WooHoo. I have a plan to frequently buy movies and gain funcash so I eventually will have enough to buy Friends - The Complete Series. Friends is priced at $178.97 but if I make $2 funcash a order it will take me 90 purchases before I can buy the Complete Series of Friends. Is there any time when I will earn more funcash per purchase so I can own the series faster?
Old 01-22-09, 05:59 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Columbia House and FunCash?

Don't waste your time. The 'new' Columbia House doesn't let you buy sets using Funcash...
Old 01-22-09, 06:57 PM

Like SamIAm said, you can't use funcash at all on sets anymore. Now you have to use them on regular dvds and have to have enough funcash to cover the whole movie. They don't even allow you to use part of the funcash on a dvd.
Old 01-22-09, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Fun Cash is basically worthless. Your best approach is to cycle accounts...

It sounds like you joined the TVonDVD club with the default offer which is one of the worst available. Read the TV EDITION - Available For Enrollment List - Read 1st post before posting! thread for the best TVonDVD enrollment code as well as current enrollment titles available, look through the TV Edition Club, Discussion thread for some basic information (as well as codes and tips in the first post) and then use information in the Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part IV thread to maximize your account for the lowest price per disk/set.

Welcome, good luck, and have fun!