Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both my accounts are fine now.
Old 09-03-08, 01:18 AM
Banned

Got back in too.......my guess it was a labor day thing CH did for peeps with more than 1 account.
Old 09-03-08, 04:31 AM

My account is working again as well. It's funny because I actually got an email from them telling me to clear my cookies and delete history lol

And while I didn't have to do so to log in finally, BobO'Link's idea was good =)
Old 09-03-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheato
It certainly could be. What's the problem? When troubleshooting, start with the easiest things and work your way up. It's common sense.

On the old site, if my login timed out, sometimes I would get this:

The Columbia House website is unavailable at the moment.
Please try again later.

Once I got it, I would be unable to get anything else after the login page. It would just continually return to that notice after trying to log in.

If I cleared my cookies, the error went away.

Maybe this is the new version of that page.

Apparently, even though multiple people got this error, and as far back as last Tuesday, nobody tried (a) any troubleshooting on their own--or if they did, they didn't post results, or (b) actually following the instructions and calling Columbia House to find out what's what.
I'm a little late checking back here, but that's exactly why I made the suggestion. I've had this exact same thing occur for the same reason as well as after a extended session of playing around with offer codes. This *always* works in those situations.

You would be amazed at just how many little internet problems are cleared by clearing cookies and/or the cache. If you have a "high-speed" connection you can even be more productive in this way by completely disabling the cache. Caching was really developed for dial up users to make it seem that pages load more quickly when re-visiting pages over a slow connection. If you still want a cache I would recommend one no larger than 8MB. The defaults in IE (Firefox too) are obscenely large.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 09-03-08 at 08:45 PM.