Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Comanche Moon Gone???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 12:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Comanche Moon Gone???????

Just got a copy of Comanche Moon from the last B1G1 sale...thought I might order another one (or two) using FunCash before May 2 deadline for sets.

However...when I search the site, I can't find hide nor hair of Comanche Moon (even using the selection #). Hard to believe that they'd only have it for around 2 months after release date & then drop it. If only out of stock, I'd think the site would say that.

The site lists 3 other Lonesome Dove titles (Return, Dead Man's Walk, & Streets of Laredo), but none of the original series nor CM (I also searched under: "The Road To Lonesome Dove: Comanche Moon").

Glad I got the one copy. Guess the lesson is to go ahead & get what you want while it's still available (sadly, I had it in my cart several times but held off). Now I've got a bunch of FC that I'll probably end up using in the future for single releases that I could get through sales or enrollment.

Sigh. Live & learn.
Old 05-01-08, 01:56 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, thought I'd have a look for ya, and I did find it still available. I searched CH enrollment site first, it said Members Only, so I went to regular ole CH, and it is there: Comanche Moon: The Road to Lonesome Dove, with Selection # 4874400

And, I found the dvd by searching for Comanche, Moon, Road, Lonesome, and Dove separately; as well as Comanche Moon, and Lonesome Dove. So, I'm not sure why it didn't show up for you.

Hope this helps any. Good luck.

Jay / DaX
Old 05-01-08, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanx, Dax!! I had searched several times since posting with the same negative results, so I had already given up.

After seeing your post just now, I went back in & searched and...Bingo! It popped right up just as you said.

Must have been a "24-hour virus" (actually, may have lasted a little longer). I guess it's just one of those occasional glitches we have come to expect from CH (sometimes in our favor!!).

Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to post. Now I can burn some Funcash & grab a couple of copies before they disappear again (and before the new FC terms begin...which I think is tomorrow, right?).

Once again, a DVDTalker saves the day!
Old 05-02-08, 08:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're welcome Creek. I try to do what I can do to make things a lil easier, and not just for myself. I'm new around here, so I don't try to act all knowledgable, but I do very much enjoy my time here on this forum.

I've noticed many times in the past, both as logged into CH and on da signup page, that sometimes I will see a particular title and then it's gone like a fart in da wind. And, a moment later or a lil later on, it's beamed back to earth. CH has many glitches, and I just wish more of those glitches would be to our advantage.

Yep, I think da ol' FunCash change did start today. I'm surprised they haven't trashed it completely by now, but of course I'm glad they haven't. I won't be too eager to collect more FC in da future now. I'll just use up what I have, and move on. I really didn't have much FC collected recently, so I wasn't in much of a rush to get anything particular before da deadline.

Glad I could help in some way. Take care and I hope you got what you needed before it was too late.

DaX