Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-09, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part IV

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
First of all, that IS the special offer. They are not going to just GIVE you a FREE dvd in January. They are giving you a free dvd when you buy another one. If they were to just give away a free dvd with every purchase, I'd have free dvds coming out my ears.
Hmm--not really a deal then--there seems to always be some BOGO coupon code active. I always thought it was a free DVD the next month, just pay S&H, not a BOGO. This was the first month they sent me the e-mail, I was surprised when I saw I had to buy something--guess I should have read the fine print.
Old 01-12-09, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Second, the $9.18 price is the price you pay AFTER you do the buy1get1free deal. The $9.18 is what the 60% off price is. So, you do the bogo deal, and then the next dvd in you cart is $9.18 or 60% off.
*IF* the B1 DVD was priced at $19.95 or higher. This "special" B1G1 allows you to purchase a DVD at *any* price point and take one of the same or lesser value free. I used mine to pick up a $7.95 title and take another $7.95 title free (of course w/free shipping).
Old 01-13-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, I don't know why I could not figure that out. It seems so simple now.
Old 01-13-09, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thejester
Active (or soon to be) codes -

802334 - b1g1
Thanks. This code worked yesterday. Bought two, got two free, fulfilled account that was just approved yesterday.
Old 01-14-09, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

802334 isn't working for me. Odd, when I'm browsing it shows prices as free, but when I get to the cart (I went as far as the 3rd page of the confirm process), it's charging full price each for 2 older, single dvd's + full s/h.
Old 01-14-09, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
802334 isn't working for me. Odd, when I'm browsing it shows prices as free, but when I get to the cart (I went as far as the 3rd page of the confirm process), it's charging full price each for 2 older, single dvd's + full s/h.
At least one of the DVDs must be priced at 19.95 or higher.
Old 01-14-09, 02:04 PM

do any of these work on blu-ray?? thanks
Old 01-14-09, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ksyblues
do any of these work on blu-ray?? thanks
Don't think so (at least not for me).
Old 01-14-09, 05:40 PM

The Blu-ray can be your qualifier, but not the free one or the 60% off one.
Old 01-14-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trust me, if a BOGO code comes out where you can take a Blu-ray as the freebie, there will be a separate thread in this forum.
Old 01-14-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really hope they have another Blu-ray B1G1 with free shipping soon. Maybe at the beginning of February?
Old 01-14-09, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I"m having no luck. Trying the e-mail link and all of the posted codes and none work anymore. Initially the B1G1 e-mail worked fine.
Old 01-14-09, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They usually do the Blu-ray BOGO every couple of months. Has it been two months since the last one yet?
Old 01-14-09, 11:59 PM

Cause I clearly have very little else to do, ha...just did some research on this site for when BOGO for blu-ray w/free shipping or able-to-stack free shipping deals happened.
Going back to early 2008:
2/28
7/25
9/15 BOGO, but, looks like free shipping didn't kick in til the bitter end of this one
12/6

So...make of it what you will. Me, I've got 20 titles sitting in my car waiting to pull the trigger.
Old 01-15-09, 12:00 AM

...waiting in my carT. Ergh.
Old 01-15-09, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would expect one in a few weeks. It's good of them to give us all some time to replenish our funds so we can actually afford to order more from them the next time it happens!

Unfortunately for me, the next time the sale occurs I wont be ordering quite so much. I will still get some essential titles but because of other costs (most importantly: buying a car) I won't be able to order EVERY title I want from them. That is something I was doing in the past. But I am still eagerly awaiting the next sale from my #1 Blu-ray Provider! If it was not for Columbia House, I don't think I'd be getting that many Blu-ray's at all. They have definitely caused me to consider them as the best source. Considering our economy right now they are doing the right kind of sales unlike most other retailers out there. It makes me very glad that I am a member.

Last edited by GenPion; 01-15-09 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-15-09, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've got 16 titles and waiting to pull the trigger. What's up with no Dodgeball or Super Troopers? I mean they've got other Fox preorders like Office Space and Napolean Dynamite so I'm not sure what the deal is.
Old 01-15-09, 06:54 PM

yeah i'm chomping at the bit for a bogo sale..i also don't see event horizon or pelican brief .funny you don't see new catalog titles.
Old 01-16-09, 07:50 AM

If the Free DVD in January hasn't worked for you, listen to this:

I contacted Customer Service and told them both emails' links didn't work and asked them to activate the offer on my account or let me know if I wasn't eligible. They responded that they'd try to fix it and--get this--:

In the meantime, we would be happy to assist you via email. Please email us the title and selection number of the item you would like as well as a brief message indicating that you would like to use your free offer.
My eyes lit right up and I shot back, "Yes please, I'd like Cool Hand Luke: Deluxe Edition: Widescreen." It's sitting in my order history as backordered, free plus shipping. Y'all might want to give this a shot and see if they do the same for you.
Old 01-16-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

^ You'd have to get a pretty ignorant CSR to pull this off. Guess what I'm trying to say is there's a good chance you can get this to work.
Old 01-16-09, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, my last BOGO orders were one that included Appaloosa (just received it a couple days ago), and different one with Terminator 3.
They sent me a letter about T3, that it's no longer available (Hugh?... no longer avaialable?).
Well, of course T3 wasn't the free selection, so I sent them an email explaining that the title was to be free with free shipping... and that I would like to have Tropic Thunder as a replacement.

Today they sent me back an email stating that they are sending Tropic Thunder for $33 plus $3 shipping . I did NOT want any charges on that card right now. They have now put me in a position that I have to deny the charges with my CC company, because CH may put that card over the limit. You F-ing SUCK CH!
Old 01-16-09, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$36 put your card over the limit?
Old 01-16-09, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
$36 put your card over the limit?
Yes, it might. I use it for business purposes, and there is always an exorbant amount of charges put on it throughout the month of December. Then I let it ride for a few months until it gets paid off around March. I also do not put any charges on it after December 31st, until after it is paid off... again, because of business/tax purposes.
I suppose it's partially my fault for useing that card with CH. I should have used a different one. However that does NOT excuse CH for puting UNauthorized charges on my account.
I maintain my account very well so I can avoid charges like those. I keep up with declining my directors selections, and only buy when I know the card can handle it.
This is just another case of very bad illegal business practices by CH.
Old 01-16-09, 09:57 AM

Well, my last BOGO orders were one that included Appaloosa (just received it a couple days ago), and different one with Terminator 3.
They sent me a letter about T3, that it's no longer available (Hugh?... no longer avaialable?).
Well, of course T3 wasn't the free selection, so I sent them an email explaining that the title was to be free with free shipping... and that I would like to have Tropic Thunder as a replacement.

Today they sent me back an email stating that they are sending Tropic Thunder for $33 plus $3 shipping . I did NOT want any charges on that card right now. They have now put me in a position that I have to deny the charges with my CC company, because CH may put that card over the limit. You F-ing SUCK CH!
Same think happened to me once. One of my CH account had my old CC info ,which I wasn't using it because it was at it's limit, so they replaced my order and charged me full price plus shipping which put my CC over the limit. I talked to my Bank and told them there was a mistake and they remove the charge. You might wanna try to do that.
Old 01-16-09, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my last BOGO orders were one that included Appaloosa...and...Terminator 3.
T3, ... it's no longer available
T3 wasn't the free selection, so I sent them an email...that I would like to have Tropic Thunder as a replacement.

I suppose it's partially my fault for useing that card with CH.
This is just another case of very bad illegal business practices by CH.
The Scorpion and the Frog, baby. The Scorpion and the Frog.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.