DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH slow right now?

Old 01-04-08, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH slow right now?

I pre-ordered Resident Evil: Extinction and Shoot 'Em Up along with Eastern Promises and The Kingdom weeks ago and they have yet to ship or charge my card. Anybody else experiencing significant delays with CH orders?
Old 01-04-08, 08:53 AM

No, I haven't had any major problems. Pre-ordered the latest Harry Potter in November along with 2 other movies. The 2 other DVDs shipped, never arrived. Got Harry Potter after release date. Had to wait until 30 days after 1st shipment, then got CH to re-ship. Received that package quickly.

Recently ordered a box set and another movie because of the free shipping deal. Got the movie but the box set is out of stock. Still waiting on that one.

I had good luck emailing them about my missing shipment.
Old 01-04-08, 08:58 AM

On the contrary, I got a shipment yesterday of items I ordered 12/28: 6 days. That's about the fastest service I've ever gotten from CH.
Old 01-04-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 626 Likes on 460 Posts
No. I placed 2 funcash orders on 2 separate accounts the 30th. Both have been charged and both shipped on the 2nd. I'll probably get them today or tomorrow.

Update - Both packages arrived the 7th. Basically 1 week from order to having in hand. Not bad.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 01-07-08 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-05-08, 01:35 PM

I got my box set today that was previously out of stock. Quick shipment really!

Have you called or emailed RJ?
Old 01-06-08, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My last 3 pre-orders haven't shipped on time. I'd be losing patience if it weren't such a good deal
Old 01-07-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^I trust that you are aware that Columbia House usually sends out shipping notices well after the DVDs have shipped. We often get them around the same time as the package arrives in our mailbox. And the account information is often not updated in a timely manner. So, if you are going by that...

I never understood the big hurry on pre-orders anyway, but that's just me. Columbia House isn't the place to order if you must have it on or near release day. It is the place to order if you want it cheap and are willing to be patient.
Old 01-07-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had pre-ordered "Resident Evil Extinction" and "Shoot em Up", and received them 4 days after release date. That's about the norm for me.
Old 01-07-08, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm still pissed that they didn't send me Blade Runner when they were supposed to and used some bullshit excuse when I called them on it.
Old 01-07-08, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 626 Likes on 460 Posts
Originally Posted by lizard
...I never understood the big hurry on pre-orders anyway, but that's just me. Columbia House isn't the place to order if you must have it on or near release day. It is the place to order if you want it cheap and are willing to be patient.
I agree. If you want something the day it hits the streets, CH is *not* the place to make your purchase! Sometimes you'll get it on release date but often it comes a week or two later depending on demand and initial stock received. Hot titles can be even later. Christmas causes even further delays due to larger than normal purchases and delays in the mail (over which CH has no control).

Keep in mind that CH gets an alotment of titles just like everyone else. Pre-orders let them plan better, but they are still at the mercy of the distributors and may not get enough of a title to fulfill pre-orders. If this happens your order may be delayed.
Old 01-08-08, 02:15 AM

CH slow? No way.....

I just got an email from them saying "Thanks for your reply. We will get back to you in 2 days". It was dated 15 mins ago and I didn't send them a message (recently).

Looked back in my sent emails and its a response to a email I sent them on DECEMBER 13th. What the hell is that?
Old 01-12-08, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Order I placed Dec 30th still has not shipped, though the dvd I ordered with the fun cash accrued from that order arrived three days ago.
Old 01-13-08, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I agree. If you want something the day it hits the streets, CH is *not* the place to make your purchase! Sometimes you'll get it on release date but often it comes a week or two later depending on demand and initial stock received. Hot titles can be even later. Christmas causes even further delays due to larger than normal purchases and delays in the mail (over which CH has no control).

Keep in mind that CH gets an alotment of titles just like everyone else. Pre-orders let them plan better, but they are still at the mercy of the distributors and may not get enough of a title to fulfill pre-orders. If this happens your order may be delayed.
so if your a ebay seller,don`t put the Blade Runner or any other set up until in your possesion.
Old 01-17-08, 03:47 PM

My last enrollment was the fastest ive ever experienced. I applied on new years eve Dec 31. and received the shipment on Jan 3rd.