Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Automatic selection charged without consent?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 11:41 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed a charge on my bank account for $35 from Columbia House. I haven't ordered anything for a couple of weeks, and I know for sure it isn't time for a new directors selection. I have multiple CH accounts running, and only one account was affected. I logged in to see what the charge was for, and found an automatic order placed for Spiderman 2 & 3.

Why would CH charge me for an order without first giving me the chance to decline? Frustrating. I just logged in last week and used fun cash to buy Spiderman 3, and that order has already shipped. Now I have to go through the hassle of returning two discs.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 11-28-07, 11:58 AM

It happened to me once. Maybe I missed declining the selection but a $40.70 charge for Two and a Half Men showed up. Just refuse the package when it shows up and they'll remove the charge when they get it back.
Old 11-28-07, 03:30 PM
Cool New Member

Well, it's definitely a fluke. CH doesn't automatically send DVD's unless it's a directors selection. And even then you have the chance to decline. It just pisses me off because I used up the funcash last week so I could close this account and now I have to wait for the shipping to and from, and the refund before I can close the account.

Inconvenience is the price I pay for $5 DVD's I guess.
Old 12-17-07, 01:16 AM

I got the same thing, it said it was a "Spiderman 3 Pack" and if I wanted to return it I had to return the whole "box set" but it was simply Spiderman 2 and 3 separately, and it was automatically sent and I know I always decline my D.S.
Today I got Shrek(technically it came yesterday) 2 and 3, but I peeked into the package so am sending it back. Also another automatically shipped Spiderman 3 by itself for 25 dollars. This is not good. Glad I started peeking so I didn't have to go thru the hassle of returning them myself.
The other thing is they are saying they shipped an order which used up 400 dollars of FunCash, and it seems like a bunch of stuff I ordered ages ago and no longer want, whereas I was going to use it to buy new stuff this month before it expired. I am no longer a 'happy shopper' with them. Sure I have gotten some good deals, but lately it's a bunch of frustration.
Thanks for the thread so I can gripe!