Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here, Part II

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here, Part II

I know that a DVD/BD w/ MSRP counts as 2 fulfillments even if the price is less, but does a DVD/BD w/ MSRP 59.95 and up count as 3 if the price is less??
Old 10-04-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^I've never tested that one. All I've ever needed was 2.
Old 12-12-11, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Is there a reason why you don't get all the "bonus points" when ordering dvd's? I was placing an order on their new 70% off sale and figured I'd order some of the cheap $2 dvd's I wanted, but when I check the cart only certain ones give bonus points and others do not. I did an order a few months back and I only got 18. This tiem it's still 18 no matter what I do. Is there a cap on bonus points per order now, or am I missing something else?
Old 02-10-12, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie to Columbia House here, but I have a question.

I completely forgot about needing to buy 3 DVDs at the regular club price by a certain date, and that date is coming up very soon, so since they don't update their website in real time, should I just pay the sub fee of $75 (or something along those lines) or go ahead and try to buy the 3 DVDs to fullfill my contract with them? I've heard that if you just pay the fee instead of buying the films it ruins your credit, but on the other hand because the website isn't real time, I'm worried that on top of having to buy the 3 DVDs, I will be charged the fee as well. Any advice? Also, since everything is on sale, how do I buy something at 'regular club price'?

*Just a side note that I am wanting to delete my account with them as I don't have as much use for it as I thought I would, so after I fullfill/pay the fee for the contract I intend to stop using columbia house altogether.
Old 02-11-12, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unless they have changed the way it works, you can get a Blu Ray that has a Club Price of at least $59.95 and it will count as 3 fulfillment selections. You still just pay the sale price though. For example: The Hannibal Lecter Collection would be $35.97 + $5.99 shipping + tax (if collected in your state). They should process the order in a day or two at most. Hopefully somebody will correct me if this is not the case any more.
Old 02-22-12, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i closed an account this week and forgot that i had a pre-order on that account that comes out in a couple weeks...this shouldn't be an issue right? that disc should still ship?
Old 04-03-12, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

OK, this rarely happens, but with the flood of orders from the $15 off fiasco, I have a bunch of "bonus points". It used to be you couldn't use these on sets. Some questions and any extra info would be helpful.

1) Can they be used on sets?
2) is it 1 bonus point for 1 dollar of the price of an item?
3) is the bonus point price the MSRP or the "sale price"?
4) Can free shipping (or other) promos be used in conjunction with these Bonus Points?

TIA!
Old 04-03-12, 09:41 PM

1. I don't know
2. yes
3. MSRP
4. No promos

Also, you need to have enough points to cover the entire MSRP.
Old 04-03-12, 09:49 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I think you do save a little on shipping if you combine a point redemption with a regular purchase.
I actually redeemed for the Big Alien BD set a year ago. And the Looney Tunes Platinum set more recently. But you need a lot of points. So I believe it does work on sets.
Old 04-04-12, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
OK, this rarely happens, but with the flood of orders from the $15 off fiasco, I have a bunch of "bonus points". It used to be you couldn't use these on sets. Some questions and any extra info would be helpful.

1) Can they be used on sets?
Yes. See #3...
2) is it 1 bonus point for 1 dollar of the price of an item?
Yes. See #3...
3) is the bonus point price the MSRP or the "sale price"?
The "Club price" aka MSRP.
4) Can free shipping (or other) promos be used in conjunction with these Bonus Points?

TIA!
No. However, the normal shipping discount takes effect on non-set items - i.e. the 2nd and up non-set item(s) will cost $1.99 each to ship. There is no discount for shipping on sets, even if more than one is ordered on the same shipment.

You didn't ask but I'll add that points do *not* roll over at the end of the year and always expire on December 31st of the year earned.
Old 04-06-12, 02:42 AM

Two questions:

If I use a SpinWin code to drop my Sherlock Holmes pre-order to $17.47 will it still count for my commitment or will it be too low then? (It's the blu-ray/dvd pack, if that makes any difference.)

And, if I order the Fandango free cards with a pre-order will they ship right away seperately or will I have to wait for June to get both items?
Old 04-24-12, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Here's a scenario I haven't encountered before. Curious if it's happened to anyone else. I ordered Eight is Enough: Season 1 a few weeks ago using a code from that particular thread.

Right now in my order history, it shows I paid via paypal, but shows the set as backordered. In my paypal account, it still shows the payment as pending. I received an e-mail from CH last week stating there was a problem with the paypal authorization and giving me the following options:

**Log in to my CH account and update my paypal info so I could replace my order (When I log in, there's no way for me to update my info. It seems as if I tried to replace my order, I'd end up doing so without the sales code and get charged a much higher price).

**Visit the site or mail in the form in the e-mail to have the order charged to a credit card (This option seems questionable since I still have a paypal charge pending on my account)

This happen to anyone else before? Has anyone who ordered that particular set received it or is yours showing backordered as well?
Old 04-27-12, 07:24 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with new memberships getting lost or older accounts being deactivated? Customer Service claims not to know about any problems, but it's sure feeling like there are gremlins in the software.
Old 04-28-12, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got this the last 2 times I applied then no email or postal mail saying I was accepted or denied membership.
Old 04-28-12, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ & ^^ *If* you've used the same email address for several different accounts try using a different email. If your ISP provides "throwaway" type email addresses linked to your primary address those are perfect. Create a new one for each new account application submitted. If not, get a new one from gmail, mail.com, yahoo, hotmail, etc. This is especially pertinent if you maintain several open accounts at once. Their system seems to have issues with that and "over use" of any particular email address which *could* be the cause of your problems.
Old 04-28-12, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Here's a scenario I haven't encountered before. Curious if it's happened to anyone else. I ordered Eight is Enough: Season 1 a few weeks ago using a code from that particular thread.

Right now in my order history, it shows I paid via paypal, but shows the set as backordered. In my paypal account, it still shows the payment as pending. I received an e-mail from CH last week stating there was a problem with the paypal authorization and giving me the following options:

**Log in to my CH account and update my paypal info so I could replace my order (When I log in, there's no way for me to update my info ...

I had the same problem with a different title. The problem appears to be that they sit on the PayPal authorization for more than 30 days, which is as long as it is good for. Call CH customer service and pay by credit card. The CSR took care of mine quickly, and at the proper amount.
Old 06-12-12, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gatterling
Two questions:

If I use a SpinWin code to drop my Sherlock Holmes pre-order to $17.47 will it still count for my commitment or will it be too low then? (It's the blu-ray/dvd pack, if that makes any difference.)

I actually have the same question. I was a member with CH about 12 years ago, but can't remember if sale items with an original price of $19.95 and up apply.
Old 06-12-12, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^In the past *any* item with a $19.95 or higher price counted as a fulfillment even if a % off coupon lowered the price below $19.95. BUT CH has changed hands since the last time I made such an order. I'd think this would still hold but it's truly a YMMV until someone gives it a shot and reports back.

"Sale" items typically do not count unless the "sale" price is above the $19.95 minimum.
Old 06-12-12, 08:56 PM

So, The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season Club Price $39.95 -- 40% off Sets Price = $23.97 would work then?
Old 06-14-12, 09:40 AM

I just checked my bank account(s) which then made me look at my CH account

It looks like on my CH account a blu-ray I pre-ordered came out last week and it shows up on my account twice now. The first one says "returned" and has yesterdays date, but I never got an e-mail or anything saying it was sent out, and there's no reason it should have been returned (at least not from my end), but then just above that it shows the same disc and says back-ordered.

If that was all, I would be fine, but my credit card has two charges on it. One from the (I'm assuming) initial order, and then another pending charge (that's a couple dollars more expansive than the pre-order price) also shows up. Does this look odd to anyone else? I'm guessing I should probably just go ahead and contact them so I don't end up getting charged an extra couple bucks for the non-pre-order price.
Old 06-14-12, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a refund notice from PayPal today. I checked my Columbia House account and saw the same thing; my preorder was listed twice, with one noted as being returned and the other as backordered.

I have no idea what's going on, but as long as I got my money back and I get the one BD I actually ordered I don't care.
Old 06-21-12, 06:34 PM
g

Have others had problems when there is an error in what item was sent?
I ordered the Sting Blu ray and they sent the wrong one. I emailed about it and they shipped another one, but they charged me another 40 bonus points for the new one.
I emailed them about them taking more bonus points and they said that the original ones had been refunded. Does it take awhile to get them back? Because I should have 86 points and I only have 46. It has been close to a week and no refund of points.

Last edited by g; 06-21-12 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-21-12, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I have read on another site that others have been having the same problem with CH lately(being sent the wrong version/title).

A couple of months ago during the Fandango ticket deal I returned a couple of titles and it took at least a couple of weeks for the returns to show up in my account. But I just did a "Return to Sender" rather than ask for a return label, which might explain why it took so long.
Old 06-21-12, 06:57 PM
g

No but they never requested the wrong copy of the sting back. Am I supposed to return it. They told me they that my points had already been refunded without returning it.
Old 06-21-12, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by g
No but they never requested the wrong copy of the sting back. Am I supposed to return it. They told me they that my points had already been refunded without returning it.
If they want the incorrect title returned they'll provide a pre-paid label because it was their fault. They typically will tell you they want it returned *but* I've not had this issue since they were purchased by the new company so I can't say this is still 100% accurate. I'd give it another week or two and if the points haven't been refunded ask if they are waiting for the return of the wrong title first. If they say "yes" then ask for a pre-paid return label as the error was their fault.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.