Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else get the wrong edition of Pan's Labyrinth?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I preordered the 2-Disc set of Pan's Labyrinth from CH with a b1g1f deal so that I would get Happy Feet for free. I did this about a month and a half ago. Today I received both of these but to my dismay I received the bare edition of Pan's Labyrinth. I called CH immediately. The first rep asked me for my info. and all and after checking said that they did ship me the wrong version. However, here is what I didn't understand. When they shipped me this wrong version they charged me the amount for the Special Edition while only sending me the single disc. I checked my bank account and the payment has been cleared for a couple of days. The CH rep told me that they would have to chargeback the mistaken order and then recharge for the proper set that I should have received. I asked her why she needed to do this if I have already paid. She gave me the runaround about wrong movies, etc. which none of it made any sense in the context of what we were delaing with here. (If I have two payments for the same movie and don't even have one proper copy in my hand they will have hell to pay). I told her that I didn't want to sit around for three weeks waiting for them to receive the mistaken version and then send out the proper version while I wait for Pony Express to arrive. Hell, by that time Pan's Labyrinth 2 will probably have happened. After that frustration I hung up. Ater about ten minutes of thinking about this shit I decided to call back. I asked the second CH lady the reasoning behind the need to chargeback the already paid money to my card and then recharge for the exact same amount. This is where the fun/pain begins. She disregards my question and goes straight to the title and selection number. After giving it to her she explains to me that there are two version of Pan's Labyrinth but they're both 1-disc sets. She said one of the 1-disc sets has only the movie and the other has the special features as well. I told her that she was absolutely wrong and that her information on her side was incorrect. I don't know how she didn't see this as not only does it say this in the description but it says 2-discs right on the front cover of the special edition. I asked to speak to her supervisor and after a minute or so on hold I was told that they were unable to take any calls right now, but if I wanted to leave my contact information that they would contact me within 24 hours. Like this is going to happen. I am so pissed right now at this that I am really considering not giving CH my business anymore. If it is going to be such a hassle to even get what you paid for without being treated like a child that doesn't know dvds from shit. I am sick of them outsourcing to people who have no knowledge of these movies and what the sets contain.
Old 05-16-07, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yes they sent me the single disc as well and i ordered the 2-disc
Old 05-16-07, 07:08 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Me three. They often do this to me when I buy the special edition. It happened with lord of war and others.

Last edited by g; 05-16-07 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-16-07, 07:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Columbia House customer service.

I didn't order Pan's Labyrinth, but CH does love to send me full screen versions of movies when I clearly ordered widescreen. But your bad CSR story isn't even half as bad as mine. And I have two bad stories!
Old 05-16-07, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My CSR was farily helpful, even though the situation is completely retarded, she was actually helpful. I will still have to call and request the refund however, because they take FOREVER to receive returned items and credit your account for some reason...
Old 05-16-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered the SE as well but just got a shipping notice this afternoon. I have my fingers crossed that they got it right and sent me the 2 disc version.
Old 05-16-07, 11:01 PM

I too ordered the Special Edition and recieved the Single disc edition today.
Old 05-16-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So this sounds like one big cluster fuck on CH's part. What was really funny and irritating was the woman saying that there wasn't a "2-disc version" only two separate single disc versions. What a crock of shit.
Old 05-17-07, 06:16 AM

More than like likely, this is the result of a bufu by some low-level functionary in Sub-sector G. Someone stocked the wrong boxes in the location for the SE.

I simply sent an email message to CH requesting an immediate shipment of the correct version, and a return label for the 1 discer. According to the reply, both are on the way.

Whenever there is some problem with CH, I always send an email clearly and simply telling them what happened, and what I want done. Usually clears it up in one go. Sometimes it takes a couple of turns, but it gets it done.
Old 05-17-07, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't got mine yet... but thankfully I chose the BILL ME option, and I haven't paid it yet. Doesn't look like I will be either.

Actually, on second thought, if I do get the single disc, I might just tell them to credit me the $3 more that the special edition cost, and just keep this regular version. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by dadaluholla; 05-17-07 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-17-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, goody... I can hardly wait to see which version shows up in my mailbox.

Old 05-17-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I ordered the 2-disc and received the single disc version. I called yesterday and it was not resolved. The CSR spent about 10 minutes trying to find a picture of the one I wanted in a CATALOG. I don't know why she couldn't just look it up on the computer... Anyway, she wanted to send out another one and place another charge, but I'm afraid that the same thing would happen again (plus she sounded very confused) so I'm going to try again.

Is there a good time to call when you are more likely to receive help from a domestic CSR?
Old 05-17-07, 10:06 AM

I too ordered the Special Edition and recieved the Single disc edition today.
Over the last two years it is first time they messed up with editions.
But last week, when I use a code for B1G1F with free shipping they charged me full price with a shipping. Had to call CH and have a long conversation.
Old 05-17-07, 10:17 AM

My special edition order shows as shipped on the web page. I hope I get the correct one.
Old 05-17-07, 10:34 AM

i love co house!
but i hate when this stuff happens. it's a vicious cycle- the CS people are SOOO STOOOPID! trying to explain anything backfires...almost always.
first off, i think you get connected with nicaragua.
email is even worse.
i TELL CS i am sending the title back and want a replacement voucher!!!!
insist you will not wait until they get your disc back!!!
don't waste your time trying to get it straight, get a voucher or order something different over the phone with that CS rep.
i ordered THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (1939) weeks ago- which came with the wrong dvd inside (30 YEARS OF NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SPECIALS)...3 tries later, ALL packaged with the same wrong disc- i asked for a voucher.
don't bother trying to speak to a supervisor about stock errors! they don't care! i did the first time around and it made no difference, they kept sending the incorrectly packaged dvd. i tried to tell them their stock is corrupt but they seriously must be too big to deal.

Last edited by elektrohog; 05-17-07 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-17-07, 10:45 AM

Same here. I pre-ordered the 2-disc weeks ago, but I got the single disc yesterday. My CSR seemed helpful (if she actually did as she said). The processed a replacement and a return label, and there was no new charge

Originally Posted by leeta
Is there a good time to call when you are more likely to receive help from a domestic CSR?
The last two times I called, which was yesterday and Monday, I got an American CSR. I called before noon (EST) and I used 1-800-262-2001. I selected 1 for English, and then 1 to place an order.
Old 05-17-07, 11:07 AM

This same mixup happened with the Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Special Edition. I remember receiving two or three single disc editions until they finally correctly sent me the two disc edition.
Old 05-17-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After making a third call today this is what I was told. When they ship the "correct" version of the dvd to me I will be charged again (on my credit card) the 22.95. They told me that once they receive the mistaken version back they would credit one of the two 22.95 payments back to my credit card. I still do not see how this is fair or even legal. The guy/gal on the phone offered me a free certificate and put it on my account, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I will basically be out of 23 dollars for a month or more. The guy/gal told me that it takes no longer than 14 days to process and credit back a return. I told him/her that I begged to differ and there hasn't been one time that I have returned something to CH that has taken less than at least a month to be credited. This is a crock of shit. I'm considering calling my bank and blocking the second payment as they really have no right to it in the first place.
Old 05-17-07, 05:23 PM

I agree that CH returns are a major hassle and their policy of holding your money hostage until they get back what they incorrectly sent is b.s. Unfortunately, this is the price we occasionally have to pay to get our DVDs at an average of around $5 each.
Old 05-17-07, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Roper
The last two times I called, which was yesterday and Monday, I got an American CSR. I called before noon (EST) and I used 1-800-262-2001. I selected 1 for English, and then 1 to place an order.
Thanks! I'll try that.
Old 05-17-07, 06:02 PM

I got the 1-disc instead of the 2-Disc which I ordered and already paid. For now I didn't bother calling but went through the "Returns & Exchanges" section on the website and claimed I got the wrong item. They're sending a replacement and return label. Of course I won't send it back until the replacement arrives. Good grief.
Old 05-17-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They better not later say that they will not be carrying the 2-disc set despite advertising it all along and accepting pre-orders for it. What a bunch of tools.
Old 05-17-07, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I was on the fence as to which version to get when I pre-ordered from CH about a week ago. But I finally elected to go for the single disk and save $3, mainly because I'm not that much of a fanatic for extras, and I was ordering a bunch of other stuff at the same time. After all of these stories, it looks like I inadvertently made a brilliant decision.
Old 05-17-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will be great if they send you the 2-disc!
Old 05-18-07, 12:56 AM

I just got email from CH they don`t have PL SE 2 disc, endeed I can`t find it on the CH website anymore. This is really f-d up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.