DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Explain This....

Old 02-15-07, 12:26 PM

Explain This....

I just joined C.H. I went to CH.com made my selections, and was looking for a place to enter an enrollment code, at the end I made 2 selections from a very generic list, and got charged $10 for 2 dvd's I only sort of wanted. But no enrollment code, and no six dvd's for .49, does this offer get extended after acceptance? I tried calling but just get robot voices, and people who don't know anything.

Last edited by BasementArt; 02-15-07 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-15-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

CH.com and columbiahouse.com are 2 different things
Old 02-15-07, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
CH.com and columbiahouse.com are 2 different things
which one has the almodovar?
Old 02-15-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

both
Old 02-15-07, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
both
But CH.com has worse deals I assume, I'm not allowed to use codes on that site, and they are both owned by columbia. I thought I was getting a really good deal, and I am not getting anything worth getting this sucks.
Old 02-15-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ With CH.com one picks two enrollment DVDs from a very short list for $10. Then one has to buy two DVDs to fulfill, but they can be any price (no $19.95 minimum).

After that one gets all DVDs and sets at 40% off list price with free shipping. There are no Director's Selections to fuss with. The main advantage of CH.com is simplicity. Working sale offers as part of a package deal in the regular DVD club is usually cheaper, but a lot more hassle.

Nevertheless, CH.com can have its uses. The much talked about Almodovar set is $20.97 with free shipping at CH.com. While it would be cheaper in the regular club when used as a fulfillment and a B1G1F offer, for those who don't cycle accounts, it is a better deal at CH.com. It costs little to have a CH.com account and it is sometimes useful for an occasional impulse purchase.

A message posted in another thread suggested that Columbia House was no longer accepting applications for CH.com accounts. I will be interested to see if your application gets approved.
Old 02-15-07, 11:45 PM

I signed up at ch.com a couple of days ago & just received my welcome to the club email.
Old 02-16-07, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The ch.com deal for Almodovar worked out better for me. Under $23 shipped and there wasn't anything I really wanted with a B1G1 from the other clubs.
Old 02-16-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cookie5409
I signed up at ch.com a couple of days ago & just received my welcome to the club email.
Interesting. Thanks for posting that!