DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

new BOGO + 60% off

Old 02-14-07, 08:18 AM
  #1  
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 2,806
new BOGO + 60% off

There's a new BOGO with unlimited at 60% off going for 48hrs until midnight 02/15. No free shipping tho

I haven't had any luck extracting the code. Does anyone know what it is?

I have it for both of my accounts, but I just got approved on a new TV on DVD account and figured I would use it for that one since I'm going to close the other 2.

In anyones opinion is it worth using this deal for the Pedro Aldomovar set? I know that there'll be a charge for shipping. But I believe that it is a "special club price" so it wouldn't work in my favor would it?
DVDMagic is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 08:25 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: upstate ny
Posts: 582
You can get a new release with it for free, right? Well, plus a small shipping fee. Still a great deal any way you slice it.
New Rambler is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 08:27 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,689
804227

was able to use it three times so far. fulfied my commitments to my two accounts once they come i can cancel and start over again
acubfaninmd is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 08:36 AM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 130
The shipping sucks so used to the free shipping but ended up getting 3 DVD's for under $40.00 Obviously previous ones that included free shipping could get like 4 DVD's for 40.00.
CmC918 is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 08:43 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Grabbed Little Britain season 3 and the Departed 2 disc for 22.95. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not counting towards a fullfillment. When did they stop allowing 17.95 sets as fullfillments?
starman9000 is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 09:00 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,128
I got Addams Family Vol 1 and Babel for $28.09 incl shipping. I know I could've done better, but I want to close this account soon.
zombeaner is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 09:08 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
No matter what I try, I can't get The Departed (single disc) or Open Season for free when purchasing a TV box set. I'm trying I Love Lucy, which costs 23.xx so there is no reason it should not work... But Zoom (which is also 22.95) works...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-14-07 at 09:23 AM.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 09:20 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
It doesn't count as a fulfillment, but there is a good deal when ordering A Bit of Fry and Laurie. Only 14.97 each, and you can get a 22.95 title for free (except apparently The Departed or Open Season)...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 09:20 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,116
Hmmmm.Departed SE and Casino Royale for $24.93 including shipping is tempting, but I think I'll have to go for the BB or Target version of Departed once they get some more in stock.
sotra is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 09:24 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Originally Posted by sotra
Hmmmm.Departed SE and Casino Royale for $24.93 including shipping is tempting, but I think I'll have to go for the BB or Target version of Departed once they get some more in stock.
Do they have bonus discs at Target and BB?
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 09:30 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Do they have bonus discs at Target and BB?
No, but Target has a mini-script and BB has a Steelbook.


Try the 2 disc, I got that to work for free with a 17.97 title.
starman9000 is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 09:35 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Originally Posted by starman9000
No, but Target has a mini-script and BB has a Steelbook.


Try the 2 disc, I got that to work for free with a 17.97 title.
Thanks, I did get the 2-disc to work. Very strange the single disc doesn't, but I'd rather have the 2-disc anyway...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 10:21 AM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 215
are you only to get one free dvd per order with this code?
tucker2 is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 10:43 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,689
havent tried multiple titles on an order yet
acubfaninmd is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 10:47 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,689
yep only one free disc per order
acubfaninmd is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 11:15 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by sotra
Hmmmm.Departed SE and Casino Royale for $24.93 including shipping is tempting, but I think I'll have to go for the BB or Target version of Departed once they get some more in stock.
I'm going to pull the trigger on this pair. I would rather save a few bucks over having a steel case, but that's just me.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 11:15 AM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
yep only one free disc per order

thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something. but from others comments it appears that this can be used multiple times per account? so to fulfill an account, just need to place 2 orders, and will get 2 free dvds?
tucker2 is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 11:36 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 2,623
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
No matter what I try, I can't get The Departed (single disc) or Open Season for free when purchasing a TV box set. I'm trying I Love Lucy, which costs 23.xx so there is no reason it should not work... But Zoom (which is also 22.95) works...
I can't login to check the prices on those right now but if either of them have a 24.95 regular price they won't work as the free title unless the one you are purchasing is over that price
John Galt is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 11:49 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,937
Originally Posted by tucker2
thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something. but from others comments it appears that this can be used multiple times per account? so to fulfill an account, just need to place 2 orders, and will get 2 free dvds?
Correct. Columbia House sale offer codes are always multiple use until they expire.
lizard is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 11:58 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,937
Originally Posted by starman9000
Grabbed Little Britain season 3 and the Departed 2 disc for 22.95. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not counting towards a fullfillment. When did they stop allowing 17.95 sets as fullfillments?
I can't recall sets priced below $19.95 ever counting for fulfillment (that's why such sets aren't usually a good deal at Columbia House).

At one time $19.95 list priced pre-orders would count for fulfillment at the discounted pre-order price. But lately that discounted price is $16.95 and I don't think that they count for fulfillment anymore. Also, 10% off promotions would allow DVDs priced at $19.95 - 10% ($17.95) to count, but I don't know if that is still the case.
lizard is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 12:19 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Originally Posted by lizard
I can't recall sets priced below $19.95 ever counting for fulfillment (that's why such sets aren't usually a good deal at Columbia House).

At one time $19.95 list priced pre-orders would count for fulfillment at the discounted pre-order price. But lately that discounted price is $16.95 and I don't think that they count for fulfillment anymore. Also, 10% off promotions would allow DVDs priced at $19.95 - 10% ($17.95) to count, but I don't know if that is still the case.

I could've sworn I have used sets to get the fullfillmetn (the 17.95 is the special discount price, not the regular. It is still a good deal, but meh)
starman9000 is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 12:22 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by starman9000
I could've sworn I have used sets to get the fullfillmetn (the 17.95 is the special discount price, not the regular. It is still a good deal, but meh)
Maybe the sets were actually $22.95 and it was $17.95 after the web coupon was applied.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 12:36 PM
  #23  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 96
if anyone is interested in Million Dollar baby (3 Disc deluxe edition) they have a special price of 20.37 and regular price of 33.92
michaema is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 12:41 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by michaema
if anyone is interested in Million Dollar baby (3 Disc deluxe edition) they have a special price of 20.37 and regular price of 33.92
Walmart.com has it for $10.88. I have a feeling that this title will be available at around the $10 mark at most stores in the near future.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 02-14-07, 02:12 PM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 215
cant seem to get the departed (single disc) and babel to result in one free. switching departed to the se results in babel becoming free. has anyone figured out why the single disc version of departed wont work?
tucker2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.