Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-07, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dentam
I applied 7/25 using a 7:2 link on the BMG music web site and received my introductory DVDs yesterday, 7/30. This is the second open account at my address, although account #1 is being closed as soon as I receive my 300 preorder.

Wow! That is really fast! I applied on 7/29 and am still waiting to receive an approval e-mail notification. I hope my introductory DVDs arrive as quickly as yours did.

Update: about 15 minutes after typing this post, I received my e-mail approval notification. Woo Hoo! Hope my dvds arrive soon!

Last edited by moonraker; 07-31-07 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-01-07, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by moonraker
Wow! That is really fast! I applied on 7/29 and am still waiting to receive an approval e-mail notification. I hope my introductory DVDs arrive as quickly as yours did.
I'm sure it doesn't hurt that CH DVDs ship from Greenville, SC - only 2 hours away from my home.
Old 08-02-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I cancelled my membership online and got confirmation within the hour. I then applied for a new enrollment and got confirmation today, two days later.
Old 08-07-07, 01:28 AM

Cancelled 1st account on the first, then applied the same day and am still waiting for approval. Hope to hear something soon.
Old 08-13-07, 03:18 PM

Well, first reapply was lost. Applied again on the phone no word yet. Applied using my husbands name, and whadayaknow, welcome email today. Only took 2 days. Recycling accounts has been pretty difficult lately, and I'm a newb to ch.
Old 08-13-07, 11:15 PM
Suspended

I officially don't understand CH. I cancelled an account last month, and signed up again a week later (different email addy, I cycle them to ID spam sources). Nothing.. nothing.. nothing. 2 weeks after that, they emailed the address I cancelled from last month with an offer for 7:2 w/#7 @ $9.95. I signed up, and decided to give the $10 off with a Great Fun trial a shot, knowing I could easily cancel. That was 10 days ago, they haven't approved my application yet. I don't know how they can't approve the membership when they sent me the offer, and it can't be 'lost' because the Great Fun people got my info from CH.

I sent them an email asking about the membership application, but this is frustrating. I want to give them money, they should want to take it!

Old 08-13-07, 11:29 PM

I gave up on trying to apply online a long, long time ago. Since I also get CDs at the BMG Music Club occasionally, I usually get a Columbia House offer with my package. Most of them have been the 7 enroll/2 fulfill offer with free shipping. I mail in the card, and 2 weeks later I get my DVDs. I've never had a mailed-in application get lost, and I don't worry about getting a confirmation e-mail or having to put up with customer service reps or finding an old account number.
Old 08-13-07, 11:56 PM

I've tried applying on the phone since it seems that most people have been successful that way, that was a few days ago, am gonna wait a week or two to see if a package shows up. No welcome email there though so its gonna be a waiting game, which really sucks.... have had trouble with ch.com and tv club as well. Im on my second try with the tv club. frustrating!
Old 08-14-07, 06:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dignam
I officially don't understand CH...[snip]
Ok, I think it may have been deleted because the 'new' application was approved. They haven't emailed me yet, but I just noticed a $12.89 charge posted last week. That means I should get the intro brick this week, but is the Great Fun account tied to anything yet?
Old 08-15-07, 12:08 PM

Used 98W on the web yesterday and got a "Welcome" email today. fastest turn around time I think I have ever had. Only required a PSN no CC.
Old 08-15-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I applied on Monday online, got the welcome email this morning
Old 08-15-07, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by mazzystar
I've tried applying on the phone since it seems that most people have been successful that way, that was a few days ago, am gonna wait a week or two to see if a package shows up. No welcome email there though so its gonna be a waiting game, which really sucks.... have had trouble with ch.com and tv club as well. Im on my second try with the tv club. frustrating!

Well, applying via phone is the way to go for me from now on. Applied on the 8th received my enrollment package today. Good stuff.