DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Forgot to fulfill the commitment!

Old 12-26-06, 12:54 PM

Forgot to fulfill the commitment!

Guys,

I signed-up last year & as per the agreement, I had to buy 2 more movies within a year. I didn't; simply forgot about it.

Do I have any options? Can I call them & have it commitment period extended for another year?

Thanks for any suggestions/tips.
Old 12-26-06, 10:23 PM

Isn't it 2 years to fulfill?
Old 12-26-06, 10:42 PM

Why don't you just go on-line and order the 2 movies?
Old 12-27-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If your fulfillment date has already passed, they should have charged your card for the two selections. If that's the case you just have to call them up and give them the two selections you would like and they will mail them out for you.
Old 12-27-06, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the responses guys. As John said, I have already been charged for the 2 selections. However, my avg. DVD price has gone up as a result since I won't be able to avail of the B1G1 free & other discounts that are offered from time to time.

My goal was to keep avg. price to $5-$6 per DVD & hence I asked whether it would be possible to extend the commitment deadline. Not sure if anyone has been able to do this successfully.

Thanks again.
Old 12-27-06, 02:45 PM

Wow dude, this is an area where the people on these boards probably can't help, I have a hard time keeping an account open for more than a month w/o fulfilling.
BFWIW, calling si your best option, maybe they can get you some DVDs with free shipping.
Old 12-27-06, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD NDN
Wow dude, this is an area where the people on these boards probably can't help, I have a hard time keeping an account open for more than a month w/o fulfilling.
BFWIW, calling si your best option, maybe they can get you some DVDs with free shipping.
Don't forget to ask if there's the possibility of getting a B0G0 while you're at it. Couldn't hurt.
Old 12-27-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Never had this happen, but maybe if you wait till the next b1g1 offer and call in then it might work. My advice, since you've already been charged is to just pick out a couple selections and call in and have them sent to you. Then close the account and reenroll(but pay attention to the dates this time)