Reload this Page >

Returned items not being credited?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 12-18-06, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

In Novenber I received the Breakup from CH which I didnt order and I always say no to the Directors Selections online. The order was dated 9/15 on my order history page but it wasn't shipped out to me until November. It was shipped back to them in November as well.

Thus far it hasn't been credited back to my account. I looked on their return FAQ section and it says if they receive returns after 45 days they will not credit the account. It is only 45 days if they count the date they put on my order history page which is not accurate. I've tried emailing them but have received no response and I can't remember their phone number.

Has anyone had a return taken this long or had a problem returning these unwanted director's selections that are sent way out of date like this?
Old 12-18-06, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got The Breakup, too - the "Automatic" order went through 2 days BEFORE I received my "Welcome to the Club" message. Pre-orders must have been underwhelming ...

I both marked the package "REFUSED," and also requested a return label. Belt and suspenders. It took quite a while, but it finally got credited. Fortunately, I was waiting on a pre-order anyway, and not trying to speed-cycle accounts.

Last edited by skidmark; 12-18-06 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-18-06, 01:39 PM
Banned

I've never gotten credit for a return until I've inquired about it. CH is a mess when it comes to customer service.
Old 12-18-06, 01:43 PM

I received an unwanted copy of The Breakup as well. I guess it took about three weeks after I mailed it back, but the return and credit finally did go through, just as I was about to contact them.
Old 12-18-06, 01:50 PM

i'm still waiting on a credit from a package i sent back in early december... i don't think it's gonna work out until i call them i guess..
Old 12-18-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's taken 3-4 weeks turnaround on the couple times I've had to go through a return for credit. One time I think I had to call them because the return wasn't credited properly, and I ended up getting the difference of about $2.xx back (I think that might have been a funcash order that messed that up). The other time the return was processed without a problem.
CH is fun
Old 12-19-06, 12:59 PM

I can only remember one time when they actually did credit me for a return. In all other cases (probably about a half dozen), I had to call/email them.
Old 12-19-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally got an email yesterday saying they received a package I sent back a MONTH ago. I still haven't received the credit yet, but at least now I have proof they got it.
Old 12-21-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Now, I'm receiving Superman Returns, another Director's Selection I previously responded to. This orders dated November 14 but it awiting stock. This is really pissing me off now. Is there a customer service number that works that CH can be contacted on anymore?
Old 12-21-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I mailed back an unwanted Director's Selection on December 1, but no sign that they have received it yet. I'll wait until next week before calling them.
Old 12-21-06, 11:48 PM

I too recieved a package from Columbia House I did not order a few weeks ago (I assumed it wa a Director's Choice, but like a previous user stated I always decline them online) I shipped the package back the next day and thought everything was cool, but yesterday I was shocked to see a withdrawl from CH for 25.XX on my bank account. I have yet to figure out why I was charged.
Old 12-22-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts
I had this problem too, I just waited a month and e-mailed cs and they fixed it up (of course it was only a 5 dollar title so the prob didn't care as much)
Old 02-20-07, 09:14 AM

CH sent me the wrong version of MI 3 in Nov. I had ordered the CE but received the reg one. I had paid in advance, no BML. They sent me the correct version after I called but billed me for it. They said I would be credited for the wrong one once they received it back. To this day my account does not show any returns under adjustments. CH says they credited the amount back but I never saw a credit. I asked for a complete history of my account but the refuse to provide one.
Old 02-20-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I returned something 10 days ago, I complained two days ago, and they credited it today. Sometimes you just need to be forward about it. I just want to open a new account, and I couldn't do it until this refund was completed.
Old 02-20-07, 08:40 PM

Wow, CH sounds pretty damn shady
Old 02-26-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The latest account I have with them has been a nightmare. They’ve sent me wrong items, Director Selections that I have declined, and worst of all, have charged me twice for exchanges that were their fault. Right now, my balance is around $65 when it should be $0. I'm convinced CH has the most incompetent people running their CS department, just awful folks from beginning to end. The first time I emailed them regarding the return and wrong item sent, they said they'd fix it...guess what happened? They charged me for the exchange. So I’ve paid double price for a single DVD. Then I called them, a week later, to my astonishment, they charged me YET AGAIN. It's as if they are purposely screwing with my mind. My final call will come tomorrow; I'm going to let them really have it. I’ve been charged three times for a single DVD. They started the whole fiasco by sending me the wrong disc (FS instead of WS) to begin with, now I’m paying the price, literally, for their ineptitude. I'm not going to open another account with them until I'm sure their business practices are fixed, in other words, I’m probably never going to open another account again—it’s too much of a hassle.
Old 02-26-07, 08:48 PM

One of the major problems is that if you do e-mail CS, every single email goes to a different person, so no one knows the story from the beginning. If they could just make sure that the person responsible for responding the first time to a CS question follows that question through its resolution, things would be much better.