Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Old 01-10-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Application denials are always by letter, never by e-mail. But many applications are simply "lost" without a trace.
Old 01-14-07, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just used EBP successfully on a phone enrollment, no PSN asked for.
Old 01-15-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I assume that by "successfully" you mean the application was placed ok. I hope that it gets approved without difficulty.

Nice to know that the code is still being accepted on the phone. It was puzzling that they stopped accepting almost all the other 7:2 codes on the phone.
Old 01-22-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still no word on my phone order from 1/10. It's never taken this long. I wonder what's up.
Old 01-25-07, 08:02 PM

Are there any current enrollment codes that work online? I have tried several and all lead to the standard deal.
Old 01-25-07, 09:01 PM

I got this code on 01/22 and seems to be working online...

6BC
Old 01-25-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
^I assume that by "successfully" you mean the application was placed ok. I hope that it gets approved without difficulty.

Nice to know that the code is still being accepted on the phone. It was puzzling that they stopped accepting almost all the other 7:2 codes on the phone.
I used EBP on the phone on 1/10 and received my welcome package a week later, so it is still working.
Old 01-26-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by AlfB
Are there any current enrollment codes that work online? I have tried several and all lead to the standard deal.
That sounds like a cookie problem. Either delete your CH cookies, use another browser, or try closing your current browser and then starting it again. Once you link to a particular offer at the Columbia House enrollment site, that offer will often "stick" until the browser window is closed. This makes checking multiple enrollment codes a nuisance.

The codes in the first post in this thread all work, so far as I am aware (and there are many more good ones for 7:2 enrollments that are not listed).
Originally Posted by zombeaner
I used EBP on the phone on 1/10 and received my welcome package a week later, so it is still working.
Thanks for the verification that it still works on the phone.
Old 02-03-07, 10:17 AM

Where do you enter a code? I don't see anything on-line besides joining for $9.95. Thanks!
Old 02-03-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Go to columbiahouse.com and there is a slot in the center of the page that says "ENTER SAVINGS CODE". Type the code there and hit the "Go" button.
Old 02-03-07, 03:12 PM

I just received a mailer with a 7:2 deal that has the code 7G7 and a PSN on it and the option to "bill me later". I applied more than a week ago with another code for the same offer, but I haven't received a reply yet. I think I'll try this one, surely they won't reject or ignore it.
Old 02-03-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 457 Likes on 335 Posts
I just received an application rejection/denial letter for an application using code K7L. I tried again today with DR5, and we'll see how that goes.
Old 02-16-07, 03:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this is the right way to calculate the price per DVD for K7L

5 * 00.49 = 2.45
1 * 14.95 = 14.95
1 * 19.95 = 19.95
Total = 37.35 + 2.99 s/h = 40.34
Price per DVD = 40.34 / 7 = 5.76
Old 02-16-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ That K7L calculation looks ok.

BTW, it has been reported that K7* applications are no longer being accepted: a poster here got a letter to that effect:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=491988

Last edited by lizard; 02-16-07 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-19-07, 08:41 PM

Didn't see the code ELH but 6 for 49 7th at 14.95 and have to buy 3. Obviously not that great compared to the others.
Old 02-22-07, 09:00 PM
Suspended

my applications are not getting through, im using the 6for49cents-buy1 codes. but they keep sending me those "we want you back" emails...haha. also, i noticed that Taxi Driver is not on there anymore.

Last edited by Gigantopithecus; 02-22-07 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-24-07, 07:53 PM

Tried enrolling twice in the past month, but haven't been able to get one through either. On the second one, I finally got a rejection letter along with an offer to Buy 5 to fulfill the account which is like the worse offer you can possibly get from CH. Wish there were some working codes. I can't believe it's so hard getting a new account.
Old 02-24-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by consoleman
Tried enrolling twice in the past month, but haven't been able to get one through either. On the second one, I finally got a rejection letter along with an offer to Buy 5 to fulfill the account which is like the worse offer you can possibly get from CH. Wish there were some working codes. I can't believe it's so hard getting a new account.
have you tried applying via phone? it works much better.
Old 02-25-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by consoleman
At the risk of sounding like a broken record (is there anyone here old enough to remember "records"?):

The codes work. It is routine for enrollment applications to be "lost" (disappears without a trace) or rejected (you eventually get a polite rejection letter). This generally happens after you have had several accounts before, and the reasons are unclear, as are the criteria used by Columbia House when reviewing applications.

Phone applications have a much better success rate, but there is only one good code that works on the phone (EBP) [actually there are some others but we haven't posted them here]. The phone number for new applications to the regular DVD club is 888-242-3837, you WILL be asked for a credit card. You will not be asked for a PSN, at last report.

Otherwise, you can keep trying to enroll on the website periodically. Just giving it a rest for a few months seems to help but, again, nobody really knows why applications are lost or rejected. I have had more than 75 accounts and had a web application accepted last month. Go figure.

Last edited by lizard; 02-25-07 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-25-07, 01:02 PM

Thanks. I'll give the phone a try the next time or else try putting in a few online applications to see if any of them go through. I'm in no rush, and take the approach that if it goes through, then fine. If not, that's OK too.

Still, for the sake of those of us who have tried over and over again to enroll, they should really eliminate any online codes they now refuse to honor (ex. K7L). And, yes, I agree there appears to be no pattern as to why applications are accepted or rejected. I have had quite a number of accounts myself over the years. It's only been recently that I have had problems getting a new enrollment to go through.
Old 03-01-07, 03:33 PM
Cool New Member

Question - Yesterday during the afternoon I applied for my 5th account or so, and everything seemed to go fine over the phone. The only concern is, how do I know if my phone order is going through? Its been 2 day and I have yet to get an email or anything. Just wondering..
Old 03-01-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ You probably won't get an acceptance e-mail for a phone order (although it could happen). The best way to tell if you are accepted is to monitor your credit card. If you get a real charge for the correct amount you are in. A temporary charge is not conclusive evidence though.

Otherwise, you will know you are accepted when the enrollment package shows up in the mail or you can assume that you were probably rejected if you don't see a charge on your card in two weeks or so.
Old 03-19-07, 11:24 PM

I'm new to this sort of deals, so I apologize beforehand if it's a stupid question.

When it says in the first post that there is no credit card asked upon signing up, how exactly do they charge you for the films you ordered? Do they send you the bill and you send them a check or what?

Also, if, let's say, I go with the deal and buy the two movies pretty much in the same day, can I just call and cancel afterwards?
Old 03-20-07, 07:08 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

First up, welcome to the board!!

Depending on what code you used to join up, there are some that do not require a credit card payment when ordering your first batch of DVD's. During the process of applying there will be an option to pay with credit card, or there will be another option called 'Bill Me'. If you select that option then if the application is successful and you get the package in the mail, in amongst everything will be a bill and from there you have the option to pay by check, or when you get your account set up online, you can then pay for the order that way.

As for the second part, once you get your DVD's and you take advantage of one of the offers and fulfill your membership, have paid for the DVD's, you can then cancel the account providing you have met the criteria.

Be sure to check this forum every day for updates on codes etc. because it's continuously been updated.

There are a few other posters here (lizard & grivet spring to mind) that always give everyonea heads up on what's good.

I'm sure some of the others will offer their wise words too
Old 03-20-07, 09:46 AM

I appreciate the help Thank you.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.