Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here.

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 06:09 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i pre ordered clerks 2 during the BOGO with free shipping days. my free dvd of fast and the furious tokyo drift has already shipped but tonight when i checked my account, my pre order was gone and clerks 2 seemed to have disappeared from the site completely. has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 09-30-06, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by gangrel76547
i pre ordered clerks 2 during the BOGO with free shipping days. my free dvd of fast and the furious tokyo drift has already shipped but tonight when i checked my account, my pre order was gone and clerks 2 seemed to have disappeared from the site completely. has this ever happened to anyone else?
Now that you mention it...it shows that I have a pre-ordered copy of Final Destination 3 right now...My order still shows Clerks 2 though, but my other item still hasn't shipped, and ones I ordered much later already have gotten here.
Old 09-30-06, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also do not see Clerks 2 anywhere on the site. I browsed thru 'Upcoming Releases' and it isn't listed anymore for 11/28. I already have the FREE selection I ordered with it and my balance is correct. Nothing in my 'Order History' either concerning the Clerks 2 pre-order.
Old 10-02-06, 05:50 AM

anyone ever get a "Title Not Found" in their order history for their 7th signup dvd? I ordered Now and Then, Here and There vol. 2 for my "buy one extra for 9.95" and it's showing up as title not found in my history with an item number of CC00100
Old 10-02-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting, Clerks 2 does seem to have disappeared. I will leave it on my "not yet available for enrollment list" for now, in the hope that it reappears.

Having a pre-order disappear from the website is most unusual, in my experience. I notice that the DVD pre-order has disappeared from Amazon and DVD Empire as well, so I would guess that distribution has been delayed, for some reason.
Old 10-02-06, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
Interesting, Clerks 2 does seem to have disappeared. I will leave it on my "not yet available for enrollment list" for now, in the hope that it reappears.

Having a pre-order disappear from the website is most unusual, in my experience. I notice that the DVD pre-order has disappeared from Amazon and DVD Empire as well, so I would guess that distribution has been delayed, for some reason.
I hope it reappears soon, I made my order on 9/14 and it still hasn't shipped out. My other 4 orders for my fulfillment account and FunCash order all have shipped and 2 have already arrived.
Old 10-02-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DantheApe
anyone ever get a "Title Not Found" in their order history for their 7th signup dvd? I ordered Now and Then, Here and There vol. 2 for my "buy one extra for 9.95" and it's showing up as title not found in my history with an item number of CC00100
I have never heard of this before. Perhaps it was out of stock.
Old 10-02-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by odditie
I hope it reappears soon, I made my order on 9/14 and it still hasn't shipped out. My other 4 orders for my fulfillment account and FunCash order all have shipped and 2 have already arrived.
My guess is that you will have to choose a replacement title. There isn't much that CH can do about a DVD that is pulled by the studio.
Old 10-02-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My guess is that you will have to choose a replacement title. There isn't much that CH can do about a DVD that is pulled by the studio.
No problem. I'll probably just replace it with a "Strangers With Candy" pre-order.
Old 10-02-06, 06:51 PM

my "now and then, here and there" selection on my enrollment is no longer offered...so i called em up and am getting Final Destination 3, i think it suprized the woman that it was available

now this leaves me concerned about my order of Superman Animated vol. 1 and NaT, HaT vol 1 and 3...she said that it wasnt showing up in the system and probibly wont happen. Was really lookin forward to this series too. At least my Burst Angel set is on it's way
Old 10-02-06, 08:47 PM

I'm holding out hope that if I don't do anything it'll be readded once it's readded on amazon too and then it'll go back on pre-order.
Old 10-03-06, 12:28 AM

I'm holding out hope that if I don't do anything it'll be readded once it's readded on amazon too and then it'll go back on pre-order.
Now my order shows Cache as the only item, and it says Pending instead of Awaiting Credit Approval and the total charge is $0.00.

Maybe I'll get a free copy of Cache and just have to get Clerks 2 somewhere else
Old 10-04-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my "now and then, here and there" selection on my enrollment is no longer offered...so i called em up and am getting Final Destination 3, i think it suprized the woman that it was available

now this leaves me concerned about my order of Superman Animated vol. 1 and NaT, HaT vol 1 and 3...she said that it wasnt showing up in the system and probibly wont happen. Was really lookin forward to this series too. At least my Burst Angel set is on it's way
If you don't get Now and Then, Here and There 1 & 3, you can order the Complete Collection at Rightstuf(a very reliable vendor) for $20.99. It's part of their weekly specials and they change them every Thursday morning, so you'll need to order it before then.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...6814/4/153/100
Old 10-04-06, 05:29 PM

damn i wish i had know about that before placing my orders =/ looks like im getting volume 1 but not 2&3
Old 10-06-06, 10:32 AM

Now my order shows Cache as the only item, and it says Pending instead of Awaiting Credit Approval and the total charge is $0.00.

Maybe I'll get a free copy of Cache and just have to get Clerks 2 somewhere else
I got the bill in the mail for Cache today, $0.00, and it said it shipped on the 2nd!

The order is sitting still as just Cache online so I'm hoping that it'll all work out this way. I actually ordered them on a fulfilled account so it won't hurt me at all!
Old 10-07-06, 12:53 PM

I received a letter in the mail from CH today telling me that the "stock" of Clerks 2 had "been exhausted" and that I would receive a refund if I had pre-paid for the item. I have already received the other two DVDs from the order (one free, one at the discounted price) and paid for them. I remember this happening once before with the "Thin Blue Line" DVD. I had placed a multiple DVD order with "TBL" as the pre-order. I recieved the exact same form letter in the mail regarding its status. When all was said and done, I received the remainder of the order at the discounted prices without having to pay for the pre-order. This doesn't happen often, but it's kinda sweet when it does. Also, this all occurred on a fulfilled account.
Old 10-10-06, 07:43 AM

So im thinking of signing up for this club (mainly for anime). Ive already got the 7 enrollment titles (5 $.49, 1 $14.95 & 1 $9.95); and i know what additional 4 movies id' want to buy at $19.95 each. But the one thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is if there is any other fine print; such as the 4 $19.95 titles being from a limited, crappy selection of budget dvds; or if even after you buy the 4 at $19.95 they'll keep charging you; things like that.

So if you guys could help clear up some confusion, i'd appreciate it. I tried to enter some of those first time codes that are listed on this forum, but they didnt seem to change the membership agreement, or dvd selection page any way, so i figure i'd just go with the 7/4 thing.
Old 10-10-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bezerker, you have to buy FOUR more titles to fulfill your membership? That is really terrible. I don't mean that to be rude or anything, I just had no idea that bad of an offer even existed.
Old 10-10-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
^^Don't sign up with the standard offer. Use a code fromThis Thread and you can get 6 titles for $.49 each and 1 for $9.95 with 2 more to buy. Don't bother buying the 2nd $9.95 title as it doesn't reduce your commitment.
Old 10-10-06, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bezerker
. But the one thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is if there is any other fine print; such as the 4 $19.95 titles being from a limited, crappy selection of budget dvds; or if even after you buy the 4 at $19.95 they'll keep charging you; things like that.

You get the full selection when selecting your fulfillment titles. Not limited
Old 10-10-06, 07:10 PM

Does anyone know where CH has their distribution centers? i had my enrollment orders [had to be split since i needed to call about one of my enrollments being "no longer available"] and my first order all hit my mailbox today

It may have been thanks to the holiday but im still impressed nonetheless. I had 3 dvds waiting for me and a "we'll redeliver tomorrow" notice about my remaining six...this makes me somewhat more confident about fufilling my account this weekend with the [seemingly common now] bogo sale
Old 10-10-06, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt
^^Don't sign up with the standard offer. Use a code fromThis Thread and you can get 6 titles for $.49 each and 1 for $9.95 with 2 more to buy. Don't bother buying the 2nd $9.95 title as it doesn't reduce your commitment.

Like i said, tried some of those "first time" codes, everything was still showing up as 5 .49 cent ones; 1 14.95 and 1 9.95 one w/ 4 more full to buy. Do the prices change after you've input all your credit card info and hit submit?
Old 10-10-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Bezerker
Like i said, tried some of those "first time" codes, everything was still showing up as 5 .49 cent ones; 1 14.95 and 1 9.95 one w/ 4 more full to buy. Do the prices change after you've input all your credit card info and hit submit?
No, the prices do not change. Try deleting any columbiahouse.com cookies from your computer and then try the codes again.
Old 10-10-06, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
No, the prices do not change. Try deleting any columbiahouse.com cookies from your computer and then try the codes again.
Yea, for some reason i told myself that it wouldnt matter earlier. Just reset my cookies, cleared my cache, etc. Code works fine now. Thanks for the help. 2 over 2 years sounds much better.
Old 10-11-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know where CH has their distribution centers? i had my enrollment orders [had to be split since i needed to call about one of my enrollments being "no longer available"] and my first order all hit my mailbox today

It may have been thanks to the holiday but im still impressed nonetheless. I had 3 dvds waiting for me and a "we'll redeliver tomorrow" notice about my remaining six...this makes me somewhat more confident about fufilling my account this weekend with the [seemingly common now] bogo sale
Last I heard Columbia House shipped from a warehouse in Indiana. But sometimes packages have an Illinois return address so they may have one there as well.

I have never heard of an enrollment order being split before. That's a new one to me. Usually one just gets a "rain check" if a title is out of stock.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.