Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

How long to wait on a missing application?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-06, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long should one wait until considering an application lost? I would hate to submit another order only to end up with multiple copies of the same DVD's.
Old 05-15-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should wait at least a week. Even then, missing applications do occasionally show up after more than a week. It is best to re-apply with different titles, if possible.

If you applied with a credit card then looking for a charge on your card is a good way to see if you were approved (temp charges don't count, just the real charge). If you didn't use a credit card, you will just have to wait for the enrollment package or the "welcome to the club" e-mail. But the e-mail doesn't always come, even when applying on-line (and hardly ever when applying by phone).
Old 05-15-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yes definitely re-apply with different titles or wait until you have a definitive no
Old 05-18-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What if you call them to find out what's going on? Would they give you an answer or tell you to re-apply?
Old 05-18-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^It is difficult to reach a live CSR unless you have an account number. If you have on old account number, then yes, you can call in using that and ask if they have any record of a new account.
Old 05-18-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually called the enrollment number, and they told me that they don't have access to current accounts, but that if I don't receive anything in four weeks, to send CS an email, and then maybe re-apply. I might call my credit card company to see if there's a hold or a charge on there first.
Old 05-19-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sabrett
I actually called the enrollment number, and they told me that they don't have access to current accounts, but that if I don't receive anything in four weeks, to send CS an email, and then maybe re-apply.
Yes, the enrollment CSRs don't have access to all the records. You need to talk to a regular CSR. An e-mail might work, I think the address is [email protected] You might get a canned response to your first message but replying to that message often gets a more useful response.
I might call my credit card company to see if there's a hold or a charge on there first.
Most of us use on-line access to our credit card accounts so that we can easily check charges for ourselves.