Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

quick enrollment and acceptance question.

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-06, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just enrolled online again a few days ago using my brothers name, a different e-mail address, and his credit card. I had read on the site that CH put's a temp charge on the card and if your accepted it becomes permanent and if your denied it just dissapears. Well I just looked at my statement and I don't see any sort of temp charge. Does this mean that my application got lost?
Old 03-31-06, 05:27 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Temporary charges don't show up on the statement. It will depend on your bank, but there should be an area for "pending transactions" or something similiar.
Old 03-31-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I check my account online (debit card), the difference between Available Balance and Ledger Balance = temp. charges.
Old 03-31-06, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by mbs
Temporary charges don't show up on the statement. It will depend on your bank, but there should be an area for "pending transactions" or something similiar.

well I checked it online not on the statement. I checked the recent transactions list and saw nothing.
Old 04-01-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does your credit card usually show temp charges? Some don't. Instead, it is the difference between the credit limit minus total charges minus the available balance. This is similar to what Xbox69 mentioned happens with debit cards.

If your card usually shows temp charges and you don't have one (or a real charge) from Columbia House, that is not a good sign. But I'd wait at least a week before giving up on it. Even then, sometimes applications have been approved after longer than that. So, when re-applying, it is best to choose new titles, if you can.
Old 04-01-06, 11:40 AM

thanks for all the help. I just checked this morning and there is an official charge from them. Is there any way to call and find out my account number so I can sign up online and make my fufillment orders this week because I wanted to get in on the box sets 19.99 deal this week.
Old 04-02-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by takingchase
thanks for all the help. I just checked this morning and there is an official charge from them. Is there any way to call and find out my account number so I can sign up online and make my fufillment orders this week because I wanted to get in on the box sets 19.99 deal this week.
If you have an account number from a previous Columbia House membership, you can call in using that. Then tell the CSR that you have applied for a new account and have a charge on your credit card so that you know that you have been accepted. Ask the CSR if he or she can find the account number of the new account.

To call CH:
1-800-262-2001
Menu: Enter 1 (for English)
Menu: Enter 1 (to place an order, whether you want to or not)
Prompt: enter your old account number
Menu: Enter 0

This should get you to a CSR during normal business hours.