Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Phone Number Live Person

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
No Live CSRs = Shit Service. Now pick up the phone!!!
Old 07-23-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if they fired or cut most of their CSRs.
Old 07-24-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just tried to call them again and was given the same automated run around. I think that once I complete the open accounts I'm cloisng them and not joining again until CH gets it together. It has been really frustrating to see an order I placed on the 16th still sitting there and not being shipped and having no way to ask someone why this is. CH doesnt even list an email address for customers here in the United States. The automated system even told me to mail my questions and concerns to their regular mail address. I seriously don't think that is going to happen. What a bunch of cheap bastards this company has become.
Old 07-24-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I emailed them about something on saturday and got a reply today in the morning. Emailed them about something else today and got a reply today. So, my preferred commmunication method, is alive and kicking. I never cared too much for CSRs. Good riddance IMHO.
Old 07-25-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I just tried to call them again and was given the same automated run around. I think that once I complete the open accounts I'm cloisng them and not joining again until CH gets it together. It has been really frustrating to see an order I placed on the 16th still sitting there and not being shipped and having no way to ask someone why this is. CH doesnt even list an email address for customers here in the United States. The automated system even told me to mail my questions and concerns to their regular mail address. I seriously don't think that is going to happen. What a bunch of cheap bastards this company has become.
Others have reported that [email protected] works well for e-mail.
Old 07-26-06, 10:14 AM

First of all GB this thread! What a complete PITA it is to get ahold of a CSR through their phone options.

For the record, The Wolf Husky Phone Bypass worked for me, and, incidently that name cracks me up. Anyone wanting to use that might get tripped up by their prompting for a six digit online code from your order card. I found it best to wait for the system to prompt you where to find the code, after this it gives you some other option to press if you can't find one or some such, and then this is where I pressed zero. Once there choose 1 for the DVD Club, and soon you will actually get to talk to a real, live human being. Nuts, isn't it?

Anyway, I was able successfully swap out the V for Vendetta Special Edition I order for the Some Like It Hot Collector's Edition that wasn't available when I order a couple weeks ago using BOGO. Call it a hunch, but I think an HD DVD of V is forthcoming, so, since I recently got an HD DVD player, I will holdout.
Old 07-27-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
First of all GB this thread! What a complete PITA it is to get ahold of a CSR through their phone options.

For the record, The Wolf Husky Phone Bypass worked for me, and, incidently that name cracks me up. Anyone wanting to use that might get tripped up by their prompting for a six digit online code from your order card. I found it best to wait for the system to prompt you where to find the code, after this it gives you some other option to press if you can't find one or some such, and then this is where I pressed zero. Once there choose 1 for the DVD Club, and soon you will actually get to talk to a real, live human being.
I just tried this. It didn't work for me. It kept insisting for the online code, and never gave an option for if I couldn't find the code. It eventually returned me to the previous menu...
Old 07-27-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lizard
Others have reported that [email protected] works well for e-mail.
I will try that. I just contacted them through the website, and I got a return email saying that my email BOUNCED!!! It was sent to [email protected]
What the heck is going on with CH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by kenbenobi; 07-27-06 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-27-06, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I just tried this. It didn't work for me. It kept insisting for the online code, and never gave an option for if I couldn't find the code. It eventually returned me to the previous menu...
I tried it today as well and had no luck. I'm convinced, after being successful some days but not others, that they are only answering phone calls on certain days no matter what method you use to try and talk to a live person.
Old 07-28-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by souvenir
I tried it today as well and had no luck. I'm convinced, after being successful some days but not others, that they are only answering phone calls on certain days no matter what method you use to try and talk to a live person.
You must be correct! I just called to cancel my account, AND GOT A LIVE PERSON!!! But I didn't want to talk to a live person anymore. I emailed them yesterday, and got a response this morning. Oh well. It's nice to know that it is "possible" to talk to a live person. But the odds are against you...
Old 07-28-06, 01:32 PM

I had some real messed up billing/returns issues with my account, so it was a bad time to lose all live CSRs, (usually I could get one by pursuing the "questions about our website" option on the phone menu, but not anymore, apparently,) so i bit the bullet and typed up the entire long torrid mess in an email, and lo and behold, a day or so later, they took care of it. I didn't want to have to type it all up, but seeing as it's now dealt with, I guess I'm happy.
Old 08-04-06, 02:51 PM

I'm still having problems getting an operator with the regular 800-number so I googled for another number and found 812-466-8402. I called and had to ask for a DVD customer service operator and was transferred to someone probably in India who had a fairly thick accent, but I think I got my problem resolved. So if anyone else is desperate that might be an option.
Old 08-07-06, 03:56 PM

I got a live human being - you won't believe what I had to do.

If you are reading this, it is because you have resorted to online web surfing to try and find a means by which to contact Columbia House customer service and actually get a live human being on the phone to help you.

I figured out a way that cost me one long distance call but it finally got me through to a live human being.

Here are the steps I followed:

Step 1

www.netsol.com - I did a whois lookup for columbiahouse.com to find out the administrative contact for their website (they can hide behind their phone system and keep their real phone numbers secret but they HAVE to give a real phone number for this)

That phone number is 212-596-2000. It will take you to BMG Columbia House headquarters in New York.

Step 2

This will introduce you to entirely new automated phone system to try and keep you away from live human beings.

I choose the option to connect to an extension by using the employee names. I didn't know any employees there so I went to www.columbiahouse.com and went to the About Columbia House section at the bottom of that website.

It took me to a different part of the website that gave little bios for the management team at BMG Columbia House. Well as of this writing, Stuart Goldfarb is the President and CEO and I thought, "Hey, I would like to tell him about some of the experiences I have been having with contacting their customer service." You know today's CEO's are always eager for feedback.

So I start dialing in his last name - 46533272 = goldfarb (just thought I would help you all out)

The phone rings and I get his personal assistant. I say, "Hi, my name is William Adams and I am desperately trying to contact a live human being in your customer service department and have resorted to calling you to seek help."

The unidentified party on the other end said, "One moment please".

The phone clicked and I was instantly connected with Liz in customer service - no rings, no hold music - it was as if the hand of god intervened - I have never seen a phone system cut over like that.

I told Liz my horrific tale of trying to get ahold of her and told her what I had to do to get to her.

She handled my problem and that was that.

It is my guess that BMG/CH, right now, is calling their I.T. department or their phone system techs and instructing them to remove the chink in their phone armor that I found.

Take advantage of it while you can. There is no telling how long it will last.
Old 08-08-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by modemman26
If you are reading this, it is because you have resorted to online web surfing to try and find a means by which to contact Columbia House customer service and actually get a live human being on the phone to help you.

I figured out a way that cost me one long distance call but it finally got me through to a live human being.

Here are the steps I followed:

Step 1

www.netsol.com - I did a whois lookup for columbiahouse.com to find out the administrative contact for their website (they can hide behind their phone system and keep their real phone numbers secret but they HAVE to give a real phone number for this)

That phone number is 212-596-2000. It will take you to BMG Columbia House headquarters in New York.

Step 2

This will introduce you to entirely new automated phone system to try and keep you away from live human beings.

I choose the option to connect to an extension by using the employee names. I didn't know any employees there so I went to www.columbiahouse.com and went to the About Columbia House section at the bottom of that website.

It took me to a different part of the website that gave little bios for the management team at BMG Columbia House. Well as of this writing, Stuart Goldfarb is the President and CEO and I thought, "Hey, I would like to tell him about some of the experiences I have been having with contacting their customer service." You know today's CEO's are always eager for feedback.

So I start dialing in his last name - 46533272 = goldfarb (just thought I would help you all out)

The phone rings and I get his personal assistant. I say, "Hi, my name is William Adams and I am desperately trying to contact a live human being in your customer service department and have resorted to calling you to seek help."

The unidentified party on the other end said, "One moment please".

The phone clicked and I was instantly connected with Liz in customer service - no rings, no hold music - it was as if the hand of god intervened - I have never seen a phone system cut over like that.

I told Liz my horrific tale of trying to get ahold of her and told her what I had to do to get to her.

She handled my problem and that was that.

It is my guess that BMG/CH, right now, is calling their I.T. department or their phone system techs and instructing them to remove the chink in their phone armor that I found.

Take advantage of it while you can. There is no telling how long it will last.
Sherlock Holmes would have been proud, thanks for the info. I did get to talk to a live person, but when they transferred me, I got a recording from the Columbia House "management staff" saying to leave a message and they would call me back as soon as possible. I have just done so, and expect a call back in the next couple years. I will post again when I get one.
Old 08-10-06, 05:44 PM

CH is freaking terrible now. Has anyone gotten to speak with customer service either yesterday or today?
Old 08-10-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know what the problem is. Just yesterday I talked to a CSR. Didn't call the regular phone no., but instead used the one for enrollment and just started asking questions about my account and it was sorted out in less than 3 minutes.
Old 08-11-06, 06:42 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by sotra
I don't know what the problem is. Just yesterday I talked to a CSR. Didn't call the regular phone no., but instead used the one for enrollment and just started asking questions about my account and it was sorted out in less than 3 minutes.
I tried that last night (and the regular number, but was unable to reach a CSR by that method), but was informed by both the telephone tree and the CSR that my account information was unavailable to the CSR. I used the E-mail form on the CH site to report the problem (I received Tenchi Muyo! GXP Volume 2 yesterday with both discs loose and scratched), and received a reply as of 05:19 this morning informing me that they are sending both a mailing label and a replacement. This is not quite as satisfying as getting the same answer on the phone (actually, last time I did not have to send back the disc) in much less time, but it will do for now. I only have a limited number of discs left to buy from Columbia House, and I hope that I will be able to do so without too much pain.
Old 09-18-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Apparently 1-800-262-2001 will rarely get you a live CSR but 1-888-467-7404 will get you one more often than not. I tried the first one today at wanted to do everything through the automated system no matter what I tried. Then I tried calling the second number and it sent me directly to a CSR right after putting in my membership number. This account was opened just this last week so that didn't seem to matter either.
Old 09-26-06, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Apparently 1-800-262-2001 will rarely get you a live CSR but 1-888-467-7404 will get you one more often than not. I tried the first one today at wanted to do everything through the automated system no matter what I tried. Then I tried calling the second number and it sent me directly to a CSR right after putting in my membership number. This account was opened just this last week so that didn't seem to matter either.
This worked for me today, went right to a CSR.
Old 10-10-06, 10:46 AM
Cool New Member

Same here, amazing. The CSR was very nice and helpful. My reason for calling is that after 54 successful memberships in 6 years, I finally got a rejection letter! She's looking into it.
Old 10-11-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Klaus
Same here, amazing. The CSR was very nice and helpful. My reason for calling is that after 54 successful memberships in 6 years, I finally got a rejection letter! She's looking into it.
You called because you got rejected ONCE??? Dude, we all get rejected from time to time. I wouldn't waste my time calling. It's faster just to re-apply...
Old 10-18-06, 10:44 AM

columbia house live person 212-596-2000 press 0

Ask the receptionist to transfer you to a live person
Old 10-24-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Used the 888 number in this thread and got through to a CSR quickly. The downside: I couldn't understand a word he said. The Indian accent I can understand, but this was some heavy European accent that had me scratching my head the entire time. Hopefully he understood what I had to say though.
Old 10-31-06, 11:24 AM

Omg....one Exists...just Got Through To A Person

My fiance just somehow found a number that got through to a real live person. Well actually it was a security desk but they put him through to the main office not the automated line. They were a real help to him to.

Here's the number for the Security that answered: 818-466-8111

Security should answer and then just ask to be put through to the main office.

When he got a real answer on the security line he said OMG a real person does exist. You know it's bad when they laugh at you. But hey it worked. Spread the word around...there's a real number for a person.

Hope this helps you out like it did us. Our problem was that Df would cancel his cards and they charged his card anyway and send the selections. We couldn't use the automated line as we didn't know the account numbers. You best be assured he has them written down now for future purposes and they are not to use his card anymore.
Old 11-02-06, 02:01 PM

BMG/Columbia House telephone number- LIVE REP

I have had the same problems with Columbia House. When I threatened that I was not going to sign up 3 friends of mine due to their bad customer service, I suddenly got a phone call from a live rep! WOW!? Anyhow, I tried the number and you really get a live rep. The number is 317-692-9200. The recording will ask you for your account number, but if you do not have it then you can just sit there and it will transfer you to a live sales rep.

Hope this helps everyone!
Stephanie

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.