Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CSR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSR Thread

We need to restart the CSR thread for good and bad CSR's.

Also, how the hell do you even reach one now? The old FAQ is very outdated and I can't even get through.
Old 01-14-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ I use 800-667-0364 (others use 800-262-2001), select 1 for english and 1 for placing an order (whether you want to place an order or not). We used to have to go through several other steps to bypass the phone queue but I find that a CSR picks up right away now. YMMV.

It probably helps to call during normal business hours.
Old 01-14-06, 02:03 PM

I do the same as above with the 800-262-2001

Option 1
Option 1
Enter your account number
I think I then hit 0

Doesn't usually take much time at all.
Old 01-16-06, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't had to call in months. I've been lucky enough to get everything settled by email. Hopefully the need won't arise anytime soon. The last time I called, it was on a Saturday morning and I surprisingly got an English speaking American. Doesn't happen often.
Old 01-16-06, 02:12 PM

I used to be a member of both the regular and TV clubs but I don't have my account numbers anymore and i'm wanting to rejoin and use the PSN.

How do I go about getting a live agent to talk to? I'm driving myself mad here with all this computer operator BS.
Old 01-16-06, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Once I called and had the same lady (non native English speaker) answer four times in a row. The first time she tried to give me the run around about my question. The next few times I called she answered again and again to be greeted by DT. I finally gave up and decided to call a different day.
Old 01-17-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TLeeTx2012
I used to be a member of both the regular and TV clubs but I don't have my account numbers anymore and i'm wanting to rejoin and use the PSN.

How do I go about getting a live agent to talk to? I'm driving myself mad here with all this computer operator BS.
This post is more than a year old but might still work:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=176

However, your best bet would be to enroll with a code that doesn't require a PSN and then use that account number for future applications. There are codes that have the best deals but don't require a PSN.

Or you could phone in your order (888-242-3837) and, if asked for "the number above your name on the order form" or some such thing, just say that you don't have it in front of you.

Lastly, you could e-mail them at [email protected] and ask them to search for your old account numbers.
Old 01-17-06, 10:30 AM
Suspended

Lizard, thanks for your updated number, I called and spoke to Diane, an english speaking CSR that reshiped my order in less than 30 seconds.
Old 01-18-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
Lizard, thanks for your updated number, I called and spoke to Diane, an english speaking CSR that reshiped my order in less than 30 seconds.
You used 888-242-3837? That is a new accounts line and I am a bit surprised that you could get regular business taken care of using it (but I haven't checked the number in several months).

By the way, for placing new accounts by phone using that number, my experience is that one always gets a US based CSR.
Old 01-19-06, 08:48 AM
Suspended

that number asked me for my account number, so it would have to be for existing members, or at least you would think.
Old 01-19-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I think that they have restructured the menu tree for that new applications number. One of the options should have been something "To submit a DVD Club membership application using a credit card press ..." Otherwise one can transfer to the regular account menu tree. Haven't called it in several months.