Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Trouble with webdvd discount?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-06, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble with webdvd discount?

Has anyone else experienced trouble with this? So I go to make my fulfillment order through the webdvd link and it says $5 off blah blah. I choose my selections, then go to checkout. There is no $5 discount. I can't figure out why there isn't one, so I close the browser without submitting the order and go back to the webdvd discount link. I sign in and it says that there are 2 selections in my cart. I go to the cart and my selections are still there and the $5 discount is there now. I submit the order thinking all is well. Today, I check the status and there are two orders with the same items. Only one has a number and the prices and the other says "to be assigned" and doesn't have the prices. The one with the prices doesn't have the discount. So I call them about it. They told me to disregard the "to be assigned order" and they added the discount to the other one. Is it always this hard to get the discount?
Old 01-07-06, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I cant get the link to work for me.
Old 01-08-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by twa2
...Is it always this hard to get the discount?
No, it usually works with no fuss. The $5 discount is subtracted from one of the DVDs in the order and doesn't appear as an individual line item.

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I cant get the link to work for me.
I assume that you are going to .columbiahouse.com/webdvd Have you made an on-line order on your account before? If so, it won't work for you.

Your login to the $5 off website is the same as it is for the regular site. If you get in ok, you need to place an order of at least $30 for the $5 discount to be applied.
Old 01-08-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I finally got it to work for me. It was like they where having server problems.
Old 01-08-06, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
No, it usually works with no fuss. The $5 discount is subtracted from one of the DVDs in the order and doesn't appear as an individual line item.

I assume that you are going to .columbiahouse.com/webdvd Have you made an on-line order on your account before? If so, it won't work for you.

Your login to the $5 off website is the same as it is for the regular site. If you get in ok, you need to place an order of at least $30 for the $5 discount to be applied.
Both DVD's were listed at full price without any discount and the order was just under $45 without the discount. Yes, that is the address that I went to and it was the first order period after my enrollment order. So this is just me, huh? Figures.
Old 01-08-06, 08:37 PM

Both DVD's were listed at full price without any discount and the order was just under $45 without the discount. Yes, that is the address that I went to and it was the first order period after my enrollment order. So this is just me, huh? Figures.
I used it once, and now it doesn't show for me either.
Old 01-13-06, 07:52 AM

It happened again! I was fulfilling another account with my first order, which was over $30, at the proper site, and once again it showed the $5 discount when I checked out only to have it disappear when it shows up on my bank account and order history. Once again I had to call to get it straightened out. I might not try this again as it is very annoying to have to fix this every time.
Old 01-13-06, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It happened again! I was fulfilling another account with my first order, which was over $30, at the proper site, and once again it showed the $5 discount when I checked out only to have it disappear when it shows up on my bank account and order history. Once again I had to call to get it straightened out. I might not try this again as it is very annoying to have to fix this every time.
If you're like me and you hate calling CH then maybe emailing CH about it is a better option? I've had webDVD problems with probably 3 accounts in the past and everytime I resolved the issue through email. Takes 2-3 days to fix from the time you email them, but it guarantees you gratification.
Old 01-14-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't even get in using webdvd. It takes me to the...

Site Help
We're sorry! You are no longer logged into our site

...page. Why oh why do I wait til the last minute to order?
Old 01-15-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lokimok
I can't even get in using webdvd. It takes me to the...

Site Help
We're sorry! You are no longer logged into our site

...page. Why oh why do I wait til the last minute to order?
You need to clear cookies. Log-in to your account then immediately log-out. This resets the CH cookie. You should be able to log-in again and have the site work normally.
Old 01-15-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lizard
You need to clear cookies. Log-in to your account then immediately log-out. This resets the CH cookie. You should be able to log-in again and have the site work normally.

Thanks. I did clear my cache & restart my computer, but still had trouble so I ended up downloading Firefox & using that with no problem.
Old 01-17-06, 10:59 AM

Clearing cookies and clearing cache are totally different. Once you clear your cookies ( and you only need to clear the CH cookie) , you can log in just fine. Just a glitch in the matrix.
Old 01-18-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Yes. And I find the simplest way to clear the CH cookie is to formally log out. The problem is that the Columbia House website will time out rather rapidly if one is not actively using the account. Then when one logs in again and tries to use the account one gets the error message that is so often repeated in these threads. So, it is best to always log out when leaving one's account on the CH website.

I guess we need to make a new FAQ that addresses the "How come I keep getting an error message when I try to use my account" question, and its many variations!