Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

limit on orders?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 11:16 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
limit on orders?

I placed a few orders this past weekend taking advantage of the BOGOF sale they were having.

One in particular involved 8 DVD's in which I also included expecited shipping. I received 2 of them yesterday and a note saying one was out of stock (fair enough), but there was no sign of the other 5 that should have been included. I called and went thru the whole automated thing and heard something along the line that an order was exceeded and the rest would not be shipped until the bakance was paid ($15.97).

I can understand wanting the main oredr paid before sending the other orders, but to not ship the full order to me is unnecessary in my eyes.

I'm currently on hold trying to find out, but I guess noone wants to pick up.

Since BMG took over I've had several problems (late arrivals etc). Before they took over I could place an order with 10 DVD's and not have a problem.

Is CH.com affiliated with them? I might just cut my losses and quit Columbia House.
Old 12-15-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DVDMagic
I placed a few orders this past weekend taking advantage of the BOGOF sale they were having.

One in particular involved 8 DVD's in which I also included expecited shipping. I received 2 of them yesterday and a note saying one was out of stock (fair enough), but there was no sign of the other 5 that should have been included. I called and went thru the whole automated thing and heard something along the line that an order was exceeded and the rest would not be shipped until the bakance was paid ($15.97).
Same thing happened to me, but on a more ridiculous scale! I placed 4 orders. The first order had a 15.97 title, 10.98, and a freebie. They shipped the 15.97 title and are awaiting payment. The other titles and other orders are all on credit hold. Because I have a $16 balance? What tight-asses!
Old 12-15-05, 03:45 PM

It's happened to me over the years at random times - doesn't seem that there is any rhyme or reason to it!
Old 12-16-05, 12:27 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

said to hell with it, paid the $16 balance and cancelled the remainder of my order (totalled close to $200) and then cancelled my account. Told them to have a nice day!
Old 12-21-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered Ben-Hur 4 disc for $20.11 and two others at 60% off to get the free shipping. They sent me Ben-Hur, but not the other two. On a second account with a different name, I ordered $65 worth of dvds and 2 weeks have past and I still haven't received them. I called CH and the reason they haven't shipped them is that the amount of the dvds is too high. The rep said that when I pay the $20.11, they'll ship the other two. On the other account, the rep said that I need to pay for the box set first, then they'll ship it and the rest. Wanted to tell them to go f**ck off. But getting the box set cheaper than Deep Discount DVD and also getting a Criterion for free made me keep the order

Last edited by darkhawk; 12-28-05 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-21-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
I had The Thomas Crowne Affair awaiting credit approval since July. It was one of those free DVD's with 99 cents shipping when they had the error with the B1G1 codes. I just received an email today saying that could not get a copy of it from the supplier. I still have a few other DVd's from July and August awaiting credit approval even though I've ordered tons of stuff since then.