Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Fun Cash redemption starts today (change of terms in effect for website)

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-05, 09:22 AM
bub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just logged into two different CH accounts and both have alerts on the right hand side of the page stating 'Redeem your FunCash...'

Good luck,
George -bub
Old 04-20-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can redeem as well.
Old 04-20-05, 09:43 AM

I can too, but the new terms are in effect.

Sigh.
Old 04-20-05, 10:16 AM

When somebody gets around to using their funcash in their CH.COM account (formerly DV2), please post if the shipping is free or if they charged you the same shipping fees as if you were using funcash in the regular DVD club. I need to wait before cashing in my FC (waiting on some future release news to come out), but I'd like to know how the shipping is gonna play out in the CH.COM club.
Thanks!
Old 04-20-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone feel that since the NEW FC policy isn't effective until TOMORROW, 4/21, that TODAY FC should be redeemed under the policy that is still in effect until TOMORROW? CH has really irritated me lately...
Old 04-20-05, 11:41 AM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are people getting?

*sigh* Getting a DVD that I can get for $6 down the line really does not excite me...

I'm seriously considering spending a chunk of my FC on fitness DVDs for my GF. At $15 a pop, they don't work as fulfillments and I'd never choose them as enrollments over other DVDs. It sorta makes me wanna puke though, spending this once-promising FC on fitness DVDs. Yuck.

Every other option I considered didn't pan out (Legacy Collections marked as sets, Simpsons sets no longer around to apply FC to, ...).
Old 04-20-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Does anyone feel that since the NEW FC policy isn't effective until TOMORROW, 4/21, that TODAY FC should be redeemed under the policy that is still in effect until TOMORROW? CH has really irritated me lately...
It has been stated in other threads that if you've been a member for a while, you may have been able to make a funcash order anytime depending on your status. Here is a one day gap of the effective rules on the 21st, this may be the last chance for some to try to get in on the old rules. You'd have to call it in today though, last possible chance!
Old 04-20-05, 12:55 PM

What a freakin mess!
I had all items in my cart, couldn't find how to use the funcash, even after following the links and hit proceed which of course made my order.

Called in to tell them of my mistake and they INSISTED that in no way could I use funcash today that I would have to wait until tomorrow!!! (I did find the error of my ways, and indeed you can make a funcash order today!)

Told them that myself and a whole lot of my friends are cancelling accounts over all this funcash mes and she said "hold please". Get an account manager on the phone, and she proceeds to tell me that the website is wrong, that funcash can only be redeemed starting tomorrow and ending May 21. I told her I was cancelling my account and all of my friends were too over the funcash issue. She in turn said, well that's your choice, but we are still cheaper than anyone. I told her that that was a poor business practice and I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general and bbb. She said again, that's your choice. Then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to make an order with my funcash!!!!! What a joke. I said, if I can use it all on boxsets I will. She said, new terms apply. I said no thanks. She said, how about on this long list of single disks.. SHEEEEEESH... I then proceeded to tell her that she just told me that I couldn't make an order until tomorrow with funcash. Which she in turn says... I'll TAKE YOUR ORDER NOW, but won't process it until tomorrow.

Freakn CH! Anyways, they cancelled my mistake order. Told them I'll order by web, since they don't seem to get it right by phone.

Back to cycling accounts once I use all my funcash on single disks!

Last edited by j-bo; 04-20-05 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-20-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by basaro
It has been stated in other threads that if you've been a member for a while, you may have been able to make a funcash order anytime depending on your status. Here is a one day gap of the effective rules on the 21st, this may be the last chance for some to try to get in on the old rules. You'd have to call it in today though, last possible chance!
I was able to redeem my FC under the old rules on the 15th and it shipped today, so I am okay. But, I still think what they are doing to others is unfair.
Old 04-20-05, 01:09 PM

Tried a few minutes ago to get an Indian rep to honor the old terms after she said that I can place a Funcash order today. No amount of arguing would sway here. I repeatedly asked her if today was 4/21/05......
Old 04-20-05, 01:21 PM
Banned

It's probably 4/21 in India
Old 04-20-05, 01:58 PM

Wow, the 21st snuck up on me. And I've been following this mess without fail. My $36 in funcash is now worth about $11 (if I use it on single titles). Guess I'll have to get the Buster Keaton Collection some other way, as they'll only knock $10 off the price. Well, maybe one phone call today will make it happen.

On the other hand, one good use of the funcash is the newer Dr. Strangelove, which is still not available as an enrollment. I thought they'd call it a set, but apparently you can use as much funcash on it as you need, up to the purchase price (29.95, I think).

But not the Buster Keaton Collection. Damn.
Old 04-20-05, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by quackers
I can too, but the new terms are in effect.

Sigh.
I put an item in my funcash cart but the funcash discount did not show up. Maybe it's not working completely yet. The limit on box sets is in effect, though on the pricing.

I'm just going to put all my funcash in my DV2 account since that saves $$$ on the shipping.
Old 04-20-05, 04:13 PM

The good news is that it looks like you can still use unlimited funcash on Criterions.
Old 04-20-05, 04:39 PM

I just got off the phone with a CH rep and was able to correct my account's funcash balance, cancel the account and transfer the funcash to another account, and place an order for Black Hawk Down 3-disc using $30 in funcash with absolutely no problems. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones today!
Old 04-20-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I strongly encourage everyone to file official complaints with the following groups. It takes little time and can do a whole lot more than venting here.

I wouldn't be so quick to redeem your accumulated funcash under the new terms for purchases that were made under the other policy. One has a month and once you cash out you likely will not receive any assistance from protection groups.

At worse, you file complaints and nothing comes of it and cash out under the reduced value in a couple of weeks. At best, enough people don't suck it up and actually register official complaints and CH is required to honor the contracts they entered into.

http://complaints.bbb.org/

http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/co...form.html#Form

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.s..._ORG_CODE=PU01

http://www.consumerwatchdog.org/ftcr/complaint.php3
Old 04-21-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I placed an order this morning for about $87 or so of my $120 funcash (I'm waiting for a few preorders), and the website reflected an accurate amount of how much I had left right after. I logged in tonight to look at some other items, and the funcash meter on the top right says I'm back at $120, and my order is in my account history with a designation of "to be assigned'. It does let me use as much of that as I want to make another order. My question is, what would happen if I placed another order? I would imagine at some point I'd be flagged as having negative funcash and have to deal with the oh-so-fun CH CSRS, but I'm not certain (as greater situations have seemed to slip pass them). I'm not condoning what is essentially trying to cheat them out of dvds for funcash I don't have, but I'm just curious if this has happened in the past at all and what the normal string of events has been/would be.
Old 04-21-05, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
So I placed an order this morning for about $87 or so of my $120 funcash (I'm waiting for a few preorders), and the website reflected an accurate amount of how much I had left right after. I logged in tonight to look at some other items, and the funcash meter on the top right says I'm back at $120, and my order is in my account history with a designation of "to be assigned'. It does let me use as much of that as I want to make another order. My question is, what would happen if I placed another order? I would imagine at some point I'd be flagged as having negative funcash and have to deal with the oh-so-fun CH CSRS, but I'm not certain (as greater situations have seemed to slip pass them). I'm not condoning what is essentially trying to cheat them out of dvds for funcash I don't have, but I'm just curious if this has happened in the past at all and what the normal string of events has been/would be.
To my knowledge many people have retired their accounts with a negative fun cash balance and had no trouble whatsoever.
Old 04-21-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd182
All they did in the past was give you negative FC. So, if you had $120 in FC and spent it, and then spent it one more time when all the orders are sorted out you will have -$120 in FC. You can only make two orders, so if you're thinking about making 10 $120 FC orders and having a balance of -$1080 it won't work -- it will only work for the first 2 orders you put in. So, now that you have made your two orders and have a negative FC balance you can either cancel your membership, which is not a problem, or wait until January 1st when your negative balance gets reset to $0. I chose to wait last year because I had that accout for years and wanted to keep it around. If you make purchases throughout the year, though, they will credit the FC towards your negative balance. So, if you plan on stocking up in FC in the future then I would recommend canceling the account and rejoining.